Beetus diet

Went to the doc this morning, got diagnosed with the beetus. Have to do a whole lifestyle change. I don't drink alcohol or soda anymore. Was told to cut down on white carbs, like pasta, bread, and tortillas. And exercise is going to be my new best friend. I don't want to be a fat fuck anymore and this is my late wake up call. I definitely don't want to be a scooter fatty. I know I fucked up to get to this point.

Anyone have any diet advice or recipes I can make with this new lifestyle change?

eat less

diabetes is not real
just keep at your old diet

That's really my goal. I've managed to lose 20 pounds just by portion control. Doc said I crossed the line from being predisposition into having it but it's more manageable with weight loss.

I know this is a bait response but really, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I know I fucked up to even get to this point. Food and I have just never done well with each other because I ate all the wrong things and indulged in gluttony. I totally need and want to change my diet

I have gestational diabetes and god damn it sucks.

Anyways, i ended up actually countinc my macros, since it's not easy to eyeball portion sizes and the common sheets docs hand out are fucking hilariously wrong, plus they don't even factore in fruits and stuff like vinegar or tomatoes, who also have carbs.

I was also surprised to find that it greatly influences my blood sugar if i est the leas refined versions of something. Namely oats. I always had pic related and i stuck to the right amounts, but it always screwed with me. Then i tried steel cut outs instead and it made a big difference.

Also, make sure to always combine carbs with fat or protein. It will "soften the blow" of the carbs and not make your blood sugar rise too high and fast.

Generally, eat 5-6 meals a day (3 main, 2 snacks and depending on your fasting level, you might have to add something like a glass of milk before going to bed) and strictly stick to wholegrain.

I make sure i ALWAYS carry the snacks with me, so i don't get caught unprepared. I usually take something with me like almonds, a boiled egg or cottage cheese.

In the morning i have a bowl with stewl cut outs, one fruit, milk and unsweetened joghurt.
Today i ate whole wheat bread with smoked salmon and half a cucumber for lunch.
Dinner was chicken with mushrooms and sweet potatoes.

I had almonds and a boiled egg inbetween and am going to drink a glass of milk later.

Exercise is also very helpful. You don't have to go all out right away, a walk after eating is already an awesome start!

Also, completely cut out all sugar. Seriously, if you don't make exceptions it will be easier.

The hardest part for me was cutting back on fruit so drastically. I really love eating fruits...

Do you have to inject insulin?

Good luck, user.

Eat plenty of nuts and cruciferous vegetables.

recent type 2 after being prediabetic. i plan to lose the weight. I use stevia drinks for sweetness, or small amounts of fruit. i have lost most of the sugar craving. i really didnt think that could happen. i can eat 90% cacao chocolate and its just a little too sweet for me...wtf? get used to liking sour foods, and strongly flavored foods. reimagine foods with out starches: chinese food w/o rice is very easy, actually tastes better. pasta sauce w/o pasta,thicken it up a bit, and you have a meatball or meat stew. learn to love veggies. im lazy but i love them, so if and when i cook them im really happy. i also lost the taste for excess salt, due to being in the hospital for an unrelated problem and being on low salt diet for a week. alcohol was the easiest, as i had nearly stopped anyway. i allow small portions of whole wheat, and i allow medium portions of beans. we WILL beat the beeetus.

Just walk 5 miles a day and eat a varied diet at regular times and watch that sick and tiredness fly away.

OP, if you aren't insulin dependent and aren't on the really nasty meds (the stuff way beyond metformin and SGLT2 inhibitors), then go on the keto diet. You'll lose weight rapidly and you may even manage to reduce your insulin resistance to the point that you are no longer diabetic.

I did. I was diagnosed in March. I was told I would absolutely be insulin dependent, but the doc let me try to manage it with medications. I started on keto within a few days of my initial diagnosis. By July my glucose levels were normal and I was off all medications. In September I went in for another round of tests and my A1C was 5.5 and my glucose levels (fasting and post-meal) were normal.

It's an easy diet to follow once you get past the initial "how the fuck do I do this? what do I eat if I'm not stuffing my face with Doritos?" phase. And it works.

If you're on insulin or any of the really nasty meds, talk with your doc before even thinking about cutting out carbs entirely. Some of the meds can make you crash into hypoglycemia, which can put you into a coma or kill you.

Here's a link to the current keto thread. Look for my posts with cookbooks (ctrl-f "daily" without quotes) to get you started, a couple of them are specifically for beginners:

Lift weights. Eat lots of vegetables and don't be afraid to make them taste good with by sauteeing them in a LITTLE bit of butter or bacon fat. Also depending on your schedule it may be really beneficial to have just two larger day time meals. DON'T SNACK. DON'T DRINK KCALS BESIDES MILK.

>T. lost 70 pounds and now am healthy at 5'6" 150 lbs

Go full ketogenic diet for a few months. It's not bullshit. There are at least a few type 2's even on Veeky Forums who reversed all their symptoms with keto. After your blood glucose levels are back in the normal range without medication, follow your doctor's low glucose index diet. Good luck.

my dad was just diagnosed with type 2, and we've all changed our diet to help make it easier with him. his doctor basically told him he was just gonna kick the bucket anyway so we've really been the only ones supporting him so i kinda agree with user and taking the list they are supposed to give you with a grain of salt.

plain cut oats are excellent and so are portions of fruits. hes limited his breads and pastas as well as most of his desserts. Instead of ice cream, he'll eat sugar free yogurt or some berries. he was also big on bologna sandwiches, so now we make more diabetic safe salads with lots of greens and veggies or use turkey cold-cuts to try and limit the salt.

For dinners we mostly stick to a lot of veggies steamed/roasted with a little oil/raw with a protein like chicken breasts and brown rice. Its good to get some inspiration from diabetic safe cooking sites, bc thats how we've been winging it since we dont really have anything to go off of.

Exercise is also great, but my dad is handicap so its a little harder for him to get around.

His shit doctor didnt give him any blood monitors or insulin, but just tossed some pills that you dont know if they work if you dont monitor the blood, so hopefully you have better care where you are at. Good luck OP.

Can you keto if you have have hypercholesterol and heart disease and take statins?

Literally don’t eat anything with added sugar that isn’t found in the product naturally, and also don’t go ape on apples or beets or any fruit that has natural sugar

I would. What does your diet look like now? Do you eat a lot of refined carbohydrates (especially sugar) and prepackaged processed food? How old are you, and how high is your cholesterol? Do you have any allergies or dental issues like untreated cavities or abscesses? Statins treat the symptom, not the cause of inflammation.

Torrent a copy of this book and read the relevant parts.

I know this feeling, user. I went for a checkup four months ago, and the doctor diagnosed me with obesity. I struggle every day with this illness. I wish I could say it has been an easy path, but quite the opposite is the case. Managing this disease is a hell of a challenge.

>t. vegan shill
Fuck off. Vegan diets suck for diabetics because they are carbohydrate-based. OP, if you want to die, listen to the vegan moron.

Stop eating sugar and alcohol
Try to get more high GI carbs into the diet replacing the more processed stuff
Intermittent fasting

Having a pancreas not produce insulin isn't real
Fuck you faggot

Protip: if you find yourself missing soda, get yourself some flavored (but not sweetened) sparkling water like la croix. After a while it becomes tasty and addictive, but it's literally just water. No sweeteners means your body isn't even faking an insulin spike.

In type 2 diabetes, the pancreas still produces insulin, but the cells have become resistant to it because of longterm past overproduction.

I was probably headed that way when I was 16

But I locked myself into a 1000 cal limit and avoiding sugar

People don't recognise me lmao

>needs a doctor to tell him he is a fat fuck
How about looking into the mirror or stepping on a scale fatass?

Seriously, go keto. It'll help with the weight loss and your body won't have to fight the carbs to keep your blood glucose down.

>There are at least a few type 2's even on Veeky Forums who reversed all their symptoms with keto.
Dat's me. Jury's still out on whether I've actually "reversed my diabetes" or just "reversed my symptoms". (The difference being, in the latter case I'm still diabetic but it's no longer noticeable because I'm not eating enough carbs to cause my blood glucose to rise.)

>His shit doctor didnt give him any blood monitors or insulin, but just tossed some pills that you dont know if they work if you dont monitor the blood
If he's just barely over the edge, metformin works fine, and no, you don't absolutely have to monitor its effects. He can always go buy his own test kit; I paid US$150 for the monitor and 300 test strips. I used 200 of them before keto worked its magic.