If you had to open a food place

you have no other choice right now to stop whatever you're doing and to open a food place in the city you live in.

>Name your restaurant/food place
>What will you cook & sell?

>city döner
>sell all kinds of fast food

I already own a food place, not going to tell name.

Mostly cater to beer geeks, have 3 taps that run beer all brewed in house to suit the season, they're always changing but some are brewed more often because of demand. Another 12 taps that have local, imported and a couple of macro brews.

Sell mostly burgers but have the normal bar foods like schnitzel, wings, pasta, fish.
Have a woodfire pizza oven outside in the beer garden only gets used on Saturday and Sunday.

Some national chain, that's all these fuckers will eat it seems.

I'd find a space with a small kitchen and a shallow retail front (or barring that, a food truck) and sell a rotating menu of seasonally appropriate soups and a few varieties of fresh baked bread (might out source that to a local bakery).
I don't know what I'd call it, probably something simple with no puns.

I've always wanted to do this, but I definitely would do the truck. It would be easier to haul around big pots of the stuff in the back.

For a name I like either Soup on Wheels or Ladle Lorry.

It would be only encapsulated food joint. Similar to a samosa or cornish pastys these handheld Foods would be filled with Thanksgiving dinner, breakfast foods, and maybe even Chinese food

Hung Low Sloppy Joe's
I'd sell cheese steaks

just call it souper

Sounds hipster as fuck. You ought to be ashamed.

It's not really, it's on a beach in a tourist area. Most customers are surfers, tourists or just the regular bunch of locals that come in.

Fuck that guy, I'd get a beer at your place.

Where I'm at right now has pretty harsh winters, so I'd rather have a brick and mortar location. If I were somewhere more temperate I'd go food truck.
Either way I don't want to mess with a dining area. Too much overhead for a start-up.
Get your soup and GTFO.

backshore brewing in maryland

i live by the ocean so i would have a beach BBQ shack. no dining room. just a walk up shack with a bad ass pit behind it, and maybe a deck out front. my gimmick would be doing all American regional styles of BBQ and sauce with regional sides. I would call it something stupid like Smoke On The Water or something.

I live in Tampa but it's hard as shit to find restaurants that sell local seafood for prices that aren't astronomical. So I would open up a seafood food truck and just drive to the suppliers every morning and keep everything simple and light to beat the heat. Maybe name it Tampa Tastes or something gay like that.

Or just open up a Phô restaurant and name it "Phô King Great" so baby boomers will think that they are just dumb asians who can't engrish but it's actually pronounced "fucking great"

Mad Science Creamery
Ice cream parlor with a focus on unique and interesting mix-ins, swirls, and flavors.

I love ice cream and it's my dream to just own an ice cream parlor.

"EAT MY FOOD OR ILL FUCKING KILL YOU WITH MY DICK"

We don't actually serve food but they don't know that... till they're DEAD!

I've had a couple ideas for different restaurants to open in my area but I have no money.

>fried chicken and soul food truck
>paint it up like a giant chicken and run it off bio diesel made from used chicken grease
>call it "chicken 'cross the road

>bar that serves french fries with a takeout window
>20-30 toppings to select from
>gravy, nacho cheese, different sauces and meats etc

One day I'll convince my family to give me the start-up money :'(

I would open a chicken restaurant in Central Texas that has:

The best freshly made macaroni and cheese. Every order will be made fresh from in-house pasta and cheese and some other things.

Locally grown chiken that is served on fresh made fluffy biscuits or as tenders

Spaghetti made to order too, in quick serv bowls or cups made from fresh locally sourced beef

and fixins

Basically except for the spaghetti I'd be bojangles but in Texas and higher quality. The whole menu would be like a kid's meal but good as fuck.

(note: I have never been to bojangles but damn it looks good) I know I could do this, I could even be head chef

I like your idea chikin bro

I would add some Tex-Mex style to my chicken house

Maybe a salsa chicken biscuit or something with a spicy coleslaw

Subway franchisee.

Hard to fuck up, always profitable.

>central Texas
I'm assuming downtown Waco would be your best bet because of all the Baylor faggots that would flock there

>Planxa
>catalan tapas, pinxos, seafood and traditional fare with local ingredients and high-dollar wines.

I will make bank off of WBurg foodie yuppies and FiDi idiots, as well as run a great restaurant in case anyone else who just likes good food cares to show up.

You sound retarded. Have you ever worked in a kitchen. ?

I would open up a teahouse. None of those memeteas either, just high quality teas from China, Japan, and Taiwan. There would also be a few baked goods and some light food fare such as paninis. There are zero teahouses here and like 15 different cafes but they only have the crappy flavored teas.

>The Cockhole
>fried chicken, nachos, and beer

>spaghetti made to order

So do you mean that you would make the sauce to order and it would taste like shit because a good sauce needs to simmer for hours or do you mean you would cook the pasta to order like literally every other restaurant in the world?

Shit no. food service industry is for fuckin losers

>n that you would make the sauce to order and it would taste

the latter

It would come in a cone shaped cup so you could eat it while driving

Nope, wrong country

I'd open a little breakfast restaurant. open from 6am-2pm. We'd have breakfast from around the world. but mostly breakfast burritos.

I would do this but breakfast quesadillas instead.

those too

Cineyum. It will be a bar/cafe/cinema.

We'd do lunch and dinner and also general cafe foods like sandwiches Toasties cakes and shit like that. Menus change every month. Movies twice a week, depending on how business is I may increase that number. My bartenders will be able to make any cocktail asked for. Our film's will be good ones none of the latest trash bloccuckster.

sounds awesome. if you're true to the regional theme, it could be amazing. if you doctor up the sauces or do "our spin" it would lose all it's attraction to me.

The fishcaf.

Waiters are rude and diffident, decor is awful, chefs clothes appear stained and filthy. But the seafood is fresh and perfectly cooked.

It's a cross between seafood and performance art.

Spoiler: back in the day there used to be a restaurant just like this near where I lived named 'The Last Aussie Fishcaf'. It was great. You seated yourself, the waiter would drift over and drop a couple of menus on the table (one per person if you were lucky) then walk off without a word. Ten minutes later they'd return and the first thing they'd ask would be "whaddya want?". Food would be dropped off also without a word, drinks would arrive at different times, it was hilarious.

It'd be a total antidote to the over-attentiveness of most waiters. You go to the Fishcaf if you just want a nice seafood meal and no fucking chit chat.

That's awesome. A place like that would be excellent in a city, they're full of entitled pricks who would just be caught totally off guard.

I'd run a truck that made grown-up versions of lunches you had as a kid

I'm horrible with names but I think a ramen restaurant catering to the weeb/internet nerd crowd would do well. especially if it was a little hole in the wall with only like 4 seats so the people that go can pretend like theyre in an anime

soup and broth are easy to make and most ramen is just "broth, with noodles, and a bunch of other shit already prepared"

two ramen places actually JUST opened up next to my house, i think its gonna be the next meme food round here

Five House
-crepes/omelettes/pancakes with artisan tea and coffee
-beautiful showcase patio

gay maid cafe

all the waiters are male and dress in skimpy maid uniforms

the food literally does not even matter at that point

Open up a Waffle House in DC proper and drown in profits.

the 2 cents
50c eggs
50c whte Bread sándwiches
50c top ramen 2.50 faux pho
75c hot dogs
2.50 chilli cheese fries
1.00 fried pickles
2.50 Frito pie
1.00 fountain drinks no refill
1.00 canned drinks
3.00 basic bitch burger 5.00 big ass burger
1.50 roasted corn
2.00 roasted potatoes
5.00 fried rice
2.00 cheap wine
2.00 cheap beer
super hipster vibe shuning poor people., selling random shit.

>tfw I live in Asheville, NC
It's a huge tourist city with literally dozens of acclaimed restaurants already. I'm probably doomed to fail because competition is so stiff around here. However, it could be called a mixed blessing because the city is also home to dozens of local beer brewers and the Biltmore vineyards, so having a good selection of beer and wine is easymode around here.

I'd name the place The Southern Stag Tavern, and style it as something between an English pub and a bed & breakfast, though I wouldn't have rooms to rent. The name is kind of a play off my family name, but sufficiently convoluted that I'm not worried. The menu primarily consists of Southern fusion, the kind of stuff I grew up eating and making with my family. Southern classics like biscuits and gravy, TexMex dishes like chicken tacos or nachos, Italian American stuff like spaghetti + meatballs or lasagna, and a few other out-there type dishes that we would try and imitate from other cultures. But of course the real heavy-hitters of the menu would be Southern dishes or variations on them inspired by other cuisines. Kind of a taste of America, if you will. The place would also have a full bar with a rotation of local beers on tap, as well as a cocktail list that tries to bring back some classics like whiskey sours, old fashioneds, that kind of thing. The goal is for the restaurant to be comfy as fuck.

Kant Wolfe down enough!
Every meal comes with some sort of printed pdf of philosophical script or just a plain Gene Wolfe story, intended to enlighten every customer.

It would be in Driftwood, Texas and I'd serve a good selection of snobby wine and offer expensive Italian food sourced from local ingredients (which is easy as fuck in Texas). There would also be a kids meal that includes Veeky Forums'cken tendies and cross shaped corn dogs with home-style gravy for dipping that looks vaguely like cum.

With sufficient funding? I'd make homemade pizzas with the best ingredients as possible. Pizza in my town is garbage.

Lol! So how much are you willing to pay us to do your marketing brainstorming for you?

>caters to "beer geeks"
>only 15 beers on tap

Taco Tetas.

Everybody loves tacos. 50% of the population loves tits. Tacos are cheap, easy to make, easy to sell. I'd set up the Hooters of Taco stands. Big-ass titties slinging good-ass tacos. It's a mint.

You sexist pig

The Place or Mmm Snackbar. Going to have a fleet of fryers churning fries and chicken wings and give the pleb masses what they want while I eat scallops in the back

I'm responding to the forces of the market, which I have no control over.

the non-stop jokes equating tacos to vaginas
>>Hey sugar how about I eat your taco

I'd open up a korean bbq/ hotpot place.

I live in a pretty posh city and there arent many restaurants you can sit down with some friends , have a laugh and a beer.

I think it would run really well.

Place that makes crepe wraps of all knid. Sweet, sour, hot, breakfast wraps(pic related).

Blitz

Classic British food from during the war

SkidMarkz©, a NASCAR™-themed sports bar.

Chicago-style deep dish, wings, beer (domestic and imported), gourmet burgers w/ peanut butter + Asian slaw, a wide variety of apps and starters, and just general American pub fare.

Well, my city is a run-down meth-filled hellhole, so honestly, I just save some time and kill myself.

shaved ice and tacos.
i would call it frosty box.

would name it "swedish specialties" and would serve kebab

Nah dude, you don't want to try an imitate every regional style of barbecue, you'll just suck at all of them. For a beach-side place with a smoker, I'd do all kinds of smoked fish, fish tacos, and maybe some Hawaiian-style roast pork on the beach for more tacos and sliders.

You should just serve the spaghetti in zip-lock bags and call it "Charlie's Spaghetti Day"

>Louisville, KY
user's Craft Brewery and Grill
Sell bitter IPAs and overpriced wings to hipsters on Bardstown Road. Will have a couple of huge TVs on the wall so patrons can watch muh college basketball.

Fuck this shithole

Slushy stand on the corner. Bulletproof glass, no seats inside, just a few dimly-lit tables out front and a trash can. Dirt cheap, lots of sugar, easy cash, low overhead, easily eaten with no teeth.

unless your restaurant is operaating out of a shack in the gheto or a squat with your price point prepare to be unable to afford any staff and make any profit

if you worked in the industry youd know that your prices here are pretty much what it costs a restaurant to make these items with no cost added to acount for overhead, staf etc

Grilled Cheese sandwiches.

Bombshell Dumplings
A small take out restaurant that specializes in dumplings. The restaurant itself is a converted air-stream trailer that is painted to look like front of a 1940s fighter jet w a pin up girl on the side where the customers order. Each day there is a special dumpling dish made for the following categories: Conventional, Seafood,Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo,Light, Children's specialty, Soup, and Sweet Treat.We would serve specialty drinks too and homemade iced tea, lemonade, and smoothies. The staff would be two or three people dressed vaguely as vintage service men or pin up girls. A variety of sauces would be on the counter for people to use on their dumplings if they want them. There would be a few tables out front in case people wanted to eat at the food stand.
Example of a daily menu: Swedish Meatball Dumplings (w lingonberry jam and sauted spinach), Vietnamese Shrimp & Pork Dumplings w an asian slaw, Mushroom-Cheese Ravioli w browned butter sage sauce, Pumpkin and Root Vegetable Gyoza w Cashew Sauce, Braised Shortrib w Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Chicken Breast and Collared Green Pirogi with tomato sauce, Chicken & Apple Sausage Kolaches with fries, Turkey Soup w Spaetzle, and apple caramel empanadas.

Another Locally Owned Restaurant That Can't Get One of the Fucking Liquor Licenses

I would serve take out bar food and be located across the street from the 3 dive bars that don't have kitchens.

Rural Canada

I'd have an old-style all-wood interior with a stone fireplace. Clean but slightly rough looking. I'd offer home style meals for a fair price The menu would change with the seasons, holidays and any specials I get my hands on, though I'd always have standard basic meals available and I'd be open to change requests. I'd also offer custom orders if you call at least a day in advance. The goal is to feel like you're visitng grandma back in the country. Because really if you feel like a nice plate of mac&cheese but you want a different shape of pasta and also some cut up sausage in it, who cares? It's not any more trouble if I already have the ingredients, I just add em to the bill and you get what you wanted.

Walk up soul food dimsum joint called Dayumsun.

Would you sell corrared green?

Do it nao!

Shinjuku
Rice bowls with speciality westernised toppings.

this would go over well in London

pretty clever but challenging, also do cute women get extra rations for blowjobs?

>SkidMarkz©
This is the worst restaurant name ever

>The Full English (English being my laat name)
>mainly breakfast foods including obviously full english
>standard dinner and lunch foods such as fish and chips
>imported European alcohol

>Offally Delicious
We serve all types of offal at insane price margins. Oh and tendies too.

Examples
>grilled chicken heart skewer (2 skewers, 10 hearts total) - $14
>chicken liver pate appetizer - $14
>braised ox tongue tacos (2 small tacos) - $19
>pork kidney stir fry w/steamed rice - $22

Eastern Canada

Would literally just steal St-Viateur's bagel recipe and make the fuckers here. Only good thing I tasted in Montreal

And if I get shut down for burning wood in city limits then I'd just open a fuckin McD's downtown

>Having so many beers on tap that they start to go bad

So like Lucy's Fried Chicken but probably half as good?

way to place rules down, it would be an eatgusto. the only farm to table that has worked and actually delivers farm to table because they own the farm, yes meat included.

Don’t know how it would work with tipping. There’d be plenty of people who either genuinely don’t get it, or choose to not ‘get it’ to stiff their server.

Might need to run it as a ‘tip optional’ place and pay a higher wage. Just like in Australia.

Roger's Tech Support Truck

Food cart, any big city. Serves a few simple but super tasty Indian meat or veg curry dishes, with basmati rice; also samosas with dipping sauce.

Servers are dressed like tech support dudes, ideally cheap Indian labor.

Unfortunately I live in Seattle and I don't own property. So food truck is my only option. You would literally not believe the rent that restaurateurs pay here, even in poorer neighborhoods far from the city proper.

I do know a nice commercial kitchen that has an attached car lot for food trucks though. Basically you rent space in the kitchen on your days, make food, load it on your truck, and go make your money. Rent's not terrible.

>truck
>food cart
>servers
You lost me and your idea is stupid

Food carts are called food trucks interchangeably, they exist in many big cities, you might have sen one if you had ever been to a big city. Servers means the people in the truck or cart serving you food.

>schniztel, pasta, fish
>normal bar foods
do europoors really do this?

>Dangarang's

Serving stuff people like, pub food. Though there will always be running specials of more refined dishes. Only best buffalo sauces offered and/or made in house. Non pretentious, yet extensive beer selection. Wood covering everything, bug comfy private seating.
>community seating is communist garbage

>Dangarang bangarang
Buffalo Chicken sandwich with your choice of sauce, cheese, and adtl toppings. Served with curly cut fries a beer and a shot of whiskey.

I had an idea to name my place "thing & another thing" because so many places are named biscuit & nosh, fruit & berries, sitka & spuce, maple and granite, you get the idea.

I would make burgers with fresh ground beef, in a secret blend that ive been inventing over the years and would grind the meat in the window so people know its fresh. Simple good burgers, nothing too crazy, just good ingredients cooked well.

I also had an idea to create copycats of all regional famous burgers/sandwiches from tv etc.

sounds like a pretty gay place tbqh

Id have quesadillas made to order, none of those frozen ones at my restaurant.

This post reminded me of one time when I went to this seemingly upscale fancy pub and this chick I was with wanted a cheese quesadilla but all they had on the menu was a mushroom and cheese quesadilla. Shes like
"can I just get a regular quesedilla no mushrooms?"
The waiter says, "hmmmm uhghhh no I dont think so the chefs don't like to do that."
And Im like
>you are telling me you cant make a cheese quesadilla to order? You have cheese and you have tortillas and it takes 2 minutes to make but your chef wont make one?
And the guy was just like yeah we cant make it. I kept going for a little bit asking him questions and he got pretty pissed off, just kept saying over and over its inconvenient for the chefs. Ok whatever man, i guess you think we are fucking retarded.

I was pissed. Last time I ever went there. Probably frozen shitty premade ones and they were lying that they were fresh.

>Food carts are called food trucks interchangeably
No, they're not

Corrard green kimchi sure.

"Lorneta z Meduza" Reykiavik.
Traditional food for drunkards.

there's a restaurant near me called "Holy Phok" that do pho. hipsters love it.

I'd sell as much food as cheap as I could while still maintaining profit, probably out of a truck. Shit like mashed potatoes and rice and simple sauces and vegetables, beans and maybe cheap meat. Serve it in paper cups, camp out around universities and bars.

Mostly I'm interested in if there's a market for cheap, filling, tasty shit that isn't already filled by fast food.

you need to start serving buffalo wings, like 25 cents each. that draws in the crowds and then they stay for the beer.

shut it down, it promotes sexism