If you could become a doctor, what specialty would you choose?

If you could become a doctor, what specialty would you choose?

Attached: 12 medical specialty stereotypes full (new).jpg (1334x969, 902K)

Will radiology die when we will develop AI to look at the pictures?

Medicine is just one big study of thousands ways you can fuck up.

Now replace Medicine with Engineering

Also architecture

After going through school for molecular biology and being surrounded by premeds I made two very important decisions
A. Never EVER go to a doctor
B. Never EVER get seriously injured.

Aerospace: twinks
Architectural: bears
Biomedical: otters
Electrical: circuit queens
Chemical: chubs
Civil: pups
Environmental: gipsters
Geosystems: daddy chasers
Mechanical: leather man
Petroleum: Donald Ducks

Iust vse this flow-chart

Attached: specialty.png (855x643, 28K)

You say that like people who get seriously injured decide to become seriously injured.

pathology

accurate. I'm an otter.

inaccurate. all the chem engs I know (including myself) are twinks.

well no, but a lot of them do things they know deep down will probably cause them to get seriously injured
t. grew up in a redneck town

There exist inherently safer methods of going through daily life to avoid serious injury, think of it as process safety but for walking down the street instead of handling chemicals in a plant.

I'm on my way to pathology.

my little brother fell off a ladder at 7 feet. put his leg and arm out to catch himself, hit those first and landed on his side and slid, and his arm went numb. he drove himself to the er right away and his fingertips on the effected arm are “bright red” he said. arm is not so numb now but in pain. he says there is pain up his arm to the same side of his neck. he is in a neck brace awaiting ct.

i hope he will be ok

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure he’ll be fine. Modern medicine is incredible, doctors are doing work every day that would be the equivalent of technological wizardry only a decade ago.

still 8 more years to go through after college

Youll realize later in life that in hospitals, science labs, law firms, etc....pretty much anywhere... that 5% of the people are actually smart and ingenuitive, they make the real decisions and shit. then theres another 10% not as smart but still useful due to experience...probably the next 50% are trained well in the field but mostly lack critical thinking skills and believe some weird shit. the last 35% are absolute monkeys

so dont fear the doctor. most likely theres an actual good one overseeing the morons you met in bio undergrad

the only exception ive encountered are judges. probably 90% competent and intelligent

>put his leg and arm out to catch himself
I hope he's alright. Get it?

Emergency cowboy, but only because doctor Greene is awesome.

My dad was an ER doctor and hated it but he was a badass. Now he does like workers comp shit and is a cuck and I never talk to him. ER, Neurology and Anesthesiology seem pretty cool. Just dont do any gay shit specialties cuz itll turn you into a cuck like me pa

My dad is a dermatologist, but he almost never dresses like that.

Blog post incoming

>be me one year ago, medfag
>first year of medicine in an ok school
>study for 10 hours per day for all the bullshit memorization courses like anatomy
>have insomnia since one month into first semester, can't figure out why
>develop symptoms of depression, fantasize about killing myself every day
>even tie a noose and keep it in my closet
>try my best and still get good grades despite of insomnia, still work out and socialize
>can't become happy, even while all my schoolmates are cheerful and grinning all the time
>finish first year, have break from school
>realize I'm unhappy because I've made a mistake
>I've always loved physics
>do some practice problems and find myself smiling again after so long
>fuck this
>leave medicine and enroll into physics
>now a first year physicist, never been happier
>sleep like a baby, haven't thought about killing myself for a month straight now probably

Did I make a mistake, bros? I know physics usually brings lower income and job security than medicine, but I love physics and math so much. Am I autistic?

Sorry for the long post

OP here. I'm going through a similar situation. Math and physics are my lifelong passions. The problem is that I've invested almost 10 years in this (I'm about to graduate) and it's too late to look back.

Attached: Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun.webm (852x480, 1.79M)

aneSTEEZiology

Attached: 1504760113059.jpg (590x394, 33K)

the best kind

Attached: olympic phys md ed.jpg (590x336, 36K)

Left off nurses

Do you regret it? If you could turn back time would you pick another path?

I'm in med school. I want to go into neurology. I was always interested in the brain. I am more interested in research though. The stereotype in your pic related is somewhat true since many problems in neurology can not be treated well but that provides a lot of chances for finding new modalities of treatment in research.

I'd probably pick family practice. It's a thankless speciality and no on his doing it because of the low pay.

This is why we need to import tons of pajeets, fucking AMA

I'd do sports medicine. You travel to all the tournament locations with your athletes.

I'm seriously starting to doubt medicine (age 26) that does not rely on herbs, known pharmaceuticals with well-established, well-studied working mechanisms, or procedures that may be done by the patient alone through persistent movement.

How retarted and ignorant am I?

Sure, lots of illnesses can be cured by medical teams, but the evidence suggests plenty of mistakes, parasitic illnesses, wrong diagnoses, mistreatment etc. Everyone seems to have this misguided view of angels in white coats but my personal, limited evidence tells me this is mostly wishful thinking, and we can't really do much more than pray and home your body will heal/adapt.

And then there are terminal diseases. At what point do you say, that's it?

You are 100% retarded.

>t. someone who has never actually been sick

Neurosurgery, because it's hardcore.

yea

Depends on if the position is appointed or elected, both have obvious flaws. Personally il take the chance of corruption over allowing the normies to dictate who has that level of power.

>Too late
Actually the dumbest way to think.

virology

gynaecologist chad doctor wins the race

Medical physics?