Al/ck/- Alcoholism General

Old thread: What are you drinking, Al/ck/?

non-alcoholic water

white wine

>that meta op

nice one mate

Ginger brandy. It's pretty fucking comfy, so to hell with sobriety.

>this triggers the al/ck/ie
Also, pabst and jack, same as always

drinking whiskey diet coke.

The next dozen threads or so should have an image like OP's until it's nothing but a mess of pixels on a monitor next to a drink.

OP here. I'm drinking Homemade Pineapple Wine. Letting it breath right now.

lol I'm all for seeing that.

you're doing it the wrong way around

I just got a weird fucking call.

My ex who I haven't spoken to in almost 4 years called me and just apologized for some reason. The conversation was about 3 minutes, Mostly her saying she's sorry and she would like to get back together.

I said no and she hung up on me lol.

I haven't even spoken to that bitch in almost 4 years, Last I heard she was dating some fuckin guy 10 years older then her.

She is so fucking nuts, It's mind blowing she was able to go this long without calling me or threatening to kill me.

Coke zero. Purchased a mouth fedora vape to give me something to help with quitting being an al/ck/, but having stopped smoking 10 years ago this might not have been the best thing to do. Definitely the lesser of 2 evils right now.

Got Yuengling and Angry Orchard in the fridge, and Maker's Mark in my cabinet. Was thinking about getting a case of sam adam's octoberfest.

I'm going back and forth between vodka and beer.

It's snowing, Thinking about going for a walk

Wrong thread m8.

Good for you. You did the smart thing that will help the most in the long run.

Oh shit, this stuff is warm as fuck going down. It is 7yo now and no longer tastes like paint thinner. lol

You say that, but it's difficult when you have legal troubles, or even a job that drug tests.

During pretrial, they say you can drink, just not in excess, but if you test dirty for weed the entire cycle pretty much restarts. That or you can get jail time until trial.

>job that drug tests
I'm legtimately sorry for you yanks desu. That's evil.

Why is it so hard to stop after one beer

It doesn't even taste as good as the first one anymore

Any job that does drug tests is a job you need to step up from to something better. The fact you work as such a job says a great deal about you and your life. Remember that, and rise above it.

That's just a weak excuse for being completely cucked by the state m8

>want some privacy? gotta pay extra, only top citizens get to have privacy!

sober october bro here
I'm back in it
halfway through a bottle of vodka
>Error: You must wait 3 minutes 44 seconds before posting a duplicate reply.
help

I like this picture. Also water.

DUDE, YEAH

>Be at new years party
>Had drunk copious amount of various alcohol, including beer, vodka, champagne, wine (red, probably white too) and génépi
>Had shouted all night
>Throat is dry
>Ask if someone has water or beer
>Someone gives me a bottle, I take a large mouthful without looking
>it was mescal
>"Look, there's a worm at the bottom of the bottle"
>I pukes later that night
Now I can't stand mescal or génépi.

What kind of job tests in the land of the free?

What country do you live in?

No, it means the job you have is a shit job with shitty drug users as employees who need to be kept in line with threats. Better jobs don't test you because the people who work them are not social rejects who come to work while tweaked to fuck and back and get people killed with the forklift.

>What kind of job tests in the land of the free?

Factory jobs mostly. Menial labor, etc. It normally stems from the type of job and the shitty insurance they happen to have that requires them to do it.

yes what about it

Fairly unremarkable chateauneuf. Remy Febras. Fuck this guy.

Been sober for a month now lads, what do?

Netherlands.

Have a drink to celebrate!

Upvoted.

>No, it means the job you have is a shit job with shitty drug users as employees who need to be kept in line with threats. Better jobs don't test you because the people who work them are not social rejects who come to work while tweaked to fuck and back and get people killed with the forklift.
I think only the US does this. Never heard of it before.

ng. At midnight in 3 hours I will have gone 5 full days sober for the first time in probably 3 years.

I am sitting in bed with a fever, and torrenting episodes of curb your enthusiasm I'll watch in a bit. I feel awful but I don't think this withdrawal is very dangerous, tonight should be the worst of it.

Before this, I was drinking an entire 750ml bottle of campari every night

My last night off the wagon, and my last drink of ouzo.

Let's get this lack of party started.

I used to have a pretty nice state job (in a liquor warehouse actually) making more money than ever at that point and even they didn't drug test. People who use that excuse to not get high when they want probably just settled for making ten bucks an hour putting kids on tooth paste or some shit.

>lids
how embarrassing

Not sure, but it's working.

Why are there so many non drinking faggots in here thinking we give a fuck about how many days they have been boring?

Where ya at, user?

Moscow, Russia.

I'm American, I'm visiting family.

it's worth it. took me 2 years to quit, but now I'll have a sixer on the weekend sometimes and its w/e.

you will feel like a fucking superhuman after a month or so.

Fuck off, you abysmal moron. We're proud of our fellow al/ck/s who've proven to us that they're capable and dynamic human beans that can pull themselves out of this hole that we're constantly having a pity party in.

1.75l boi
Torn acl is still fucked, I was taking it super easy while on meds out of fear for my liver. Drank just a tad to fight the shakes (I know, it's bad), but now I'm out and my leg hurts more than ever. Doc's appointment tomorrow, going to get shrek'd enough to sleep and try and make sure I don't smell like vodka tomorrow. Thank god I have one of those old people bars in my shower to cling to.

So start an AA thread for them to regale you with their tales of their days sober.

Companies do that. It has nothing to do with the location. It is normally because of incidents and insurance.

>alcoholic thread
>people announcing they are sober

>companies use child slaves lol don't blame the government that makes the laws and holds the monopoly on violence darn companies just do as they please!

So this thread is only for people who are basically drunk erry day? I guess I missed my three years of membership...

It is in the paperwork you sign when you join the workforce for the company.

I'm really not sure why there would be confusion.

It's is a thread for alcoholics, not former ones.

Who the fuck would have guessed it.

You don't magically become not an alcoholic if you stop drinking because you're an alcoholic. Once in far enough, you're an al/ck/ for life and you share the same problem with the rest of the drinking and non-drinking al/ck/ community

But please, regale me the tale of when you pissed yourself drunk for the 10th time

Hello, al/ck/. I am currently on the 2nd pint of vodka for the day, which I guess is very bad as I am on probation. But fuck, I am feeling just fine right now.

>as long as people put an X it's justice!

That's how the entire world works. If you give someone power over you, it is your fault. Which is why this post exists,

>former alcoholic
No such thing. When you are addicted to something, you will always be addicted, even if you don't use for years.

That's just AA talk
You can be susceptible to be a feeling but that doesn't acohol is the only way out

I drink and then think of ways to tempt fate into killing me. For example 3am cross country skiing in nothing but underwear. Or lets turn that logging road into a rally track.

If I live, clearly it was for a purpose, which means my life has purpose. If I die, fuck it, nothing matters anyways.

She will be pregnant before Christmas if not already.

>might is right
Fair enough, but that's no reason to be defeatist about things.

How much does alcohol actually dehydrate you? I drink a fifth of vodka a day (with about 4-7 12 oz. bottles of water), but I am STILL dehydrated when I wake up. Then as soon as I take a few drinks, it completely goes away.. the fuck?

whiskey and apple cider

a shitload. when i was drinking that heavily my mucous membranes were completely fucked, it was like the only water out of my body was shooting out of my asshole.

*inside of my body

I take it you don't understand what means.

A whole lot
It's like this
Your body has to maintain equal levels of water throughout your body. It's just osmosis/diffusion. Just physics
If you eat food, your body will draw out water because your blood is less watery than food, for the most part. That's why your shits are hard.

But if you drink too much, your gut content will have a lot of alcohol. Physics will say it has to be equal, so osmosis will draw out water from your blood to dilute the alcohol in your gut.
That's why you have the alcoshits. Because all that water gets in your guts and creates liquid shit.

The way to counter that, or at least reduce it, is to drink a lot of water so that the concentration between your gut and your blood remains roughly equal

You need electrolytes. Otherwise, all that extra water does nothing, but pass on through.

i don't see what benefit there is to not be defeatist about the dotted line a company requires you to sign. are you going to go on a crusade against their completely legal hiring policies or something? he also said "remember that, and rise above it", it's not like he's condoning total apathy towards the issue

Night off

Last night: 1 bottle red wine plus 1/3 bottle Wild Turkey
Night before: 2/3 bottle wild turkey

Body’s getting tired. That 2/3 bottle was a shitter to look at on the counter in the morning.

just becoming a house nigger is pretty defeatist

I made some mistakes here because I'm drunk.
The bottom line is that if you drink, part of the alcohol will be absorbed and get you drunk. The other part will stay in your gut. To neutralize that concentration, your body will flood your gut. That's what gives you shits and dehydrates you.

Another question.

Why as soon as I drink again, the dehydration completely goes away. I wake up with my eyes dry as fuck, my mouth drier than that, and my nose is so dry I can barely breath through it.
Yet as soon as I drink a bit, it completely goes away. How is that even possible?

Then you have no comprehension of what you read.

grabbing your nuts and accepting that hiring companies have power over you, and will fully execute that power as long as your $9/hr ass can't get a real job, isn't "defeatist". it's adulthood. you're free to find another job or go broke if you don't like it.

i do, it says 'if you don't like the lower positions of a disgusting system just get a higher position within that system'.

basically 'if you don't like how the communist part treats normal citizens become a party member bro you get more perks'.

Has anyone tried alcohol and pedialite?

adulthood is often a euphemism for defeatism.

Pediatite is good when you wake up, but I can't imagine it good as a mixer
I tried Gatoraid as a mixer
I almost couldn't drink it
Almost

it's great for hangovers. way more electrolyte coverage than gatorade.

so do you have an alternative?

my body is ready

powerneetism

thought so

No, you simply don't use that system. Companies that don't use that are not part of that system. You can also run your own company. The "system" is just a symptom of the workers being druggies and fucking things up all the time.

Your choices are:

Be a druggies and get shitty jobs that have drug tests.
Not be a druggies and just be a fuck up and have a job that has drug tests.
Not be a druggies and not be a fuck up and have a job that doesn't have drug tests.
Be a druggie, but not be a fuck up and have a job that doesn't have drug tests.

Good luck with that last one.

the system is a government that allows your warehouse job to harvest your bodily fluids to find out what you do on the weekends, bucko

>tfw kinda done with boozing

think i'm just going to walk away compadres

What does withdrawl feel like?

fuck you guys I like hearing about anons making it out, I don't have anyone else to hear it from; it's not like i'm going to fucking AA while drinking every night. it's only a small portion of each thread and anyone overly preachy gets shit on

>he doesn't go out and chug a pint of vodka when he tells his parents he's going to an AA meeting

there's a punchline somewhere

>ex girlfriend messages me out of nowhere
>haven't spoken in four years
>turns out she lives on a diet of wine and xanax after going through horrible sexual abuse
>can now only get off in the presence of a knife and in a rape setting
>has recently moved back into the area and says i'm the only she'd trust to help her "process this"
>still haven't answered

What are you al drinking tonight?

Pretty good tbqh

Dad?? Lol I did do that for a while but then I ended up in the ER with a .40 bac

it's like your heart is beating through your chest. it's like you see ants in the corner of your eyes. it's hell and it seems impossible. it's really only 4 days and it's worth seeing the other side. most people can't last that long because your body is screaming and begging for you to go get fucking drunk

It feels like going insane

>tfw the walls are made of spiders

best i ever got was .36 so you beat me

it's because i'm a lightweight. i drank a fifth plus a pint of whiskey, 80 proof. The shit some people drank in rehab blew my mind, i met a really nice dude who was drinking a half gallon of vodka every day. I didn't even have real withdrawals

when i went to rehab i met a guy that went to wal mart and bought three handles of vodka and a tent and planned to drink himself to death out in the woods. rehab makes you realize how much you have left to lose. i don't think i'm any better than the people i met cause if anything its just a glimpse into the future if you dont get your shit together