How important are aesthetics when it comes to food?

How important are aesthetics when it comes to food?

I appreciate it, but at home I normally cook Indian cuisine and it's hard to pretty that up.

pretty important desu

You eat with your eyes before your mouth.

Round tip looks like poop, but that wouldn’t stop me from eating it.

If I'm cooking for someone else then I'll try for good presentation.
If it's just me then I don't give a fuck.

That open star is pleb shit. Closed star for life. French a distant second.

>round tip: not even once

I prefer the frosting to look like a dollop was just slapped on top with a spatula. Feels more homey like it's made with love.

Closed star just because it seems to have the least amount of frosting. Too much frosting ruins a cupcake.

i find the frosting design on cupcakes more important than just looks. in my experience it is much harder to eat a closed star, round tip, or open star cupcake. i find that the french tip in addition to functionality also looks much better.

sprinkle extra cilantro on top to garnish.

round tip looks like poop, senpai

Attractive food is perceived to be tastier.

- The poor care about quantity (2 for 1, ayce)
- The middle-class care about taste ( to a limit under 100 bucks )
- The rich care about a e s t h e t i c s and presentation.

To me? not at all.

I just want to know what's in it. I've eaten food all over southeast Asia so you just have to know what's going on. Just because the natives are eating it doesn't mean you can.

Was it boiled before? You don't even know. Three times I've shit like I wanted to die on research trips. Threw up like I did too.

Difference is that in the US you can just sit in a bed while your friends collect drinks and all the thing they need to help you. There you're half-way fucked and it's barely changed since the 30's. You go back several times and you gain an immunity like the natives but fuck if it isn't traumatizing the first time.

use your imagination on how to make diarrhea not look so much like diarrhea

As important as you want it to be, there's really no definitive law on how much you should enjoy any aspect of anything

closed star is clearly superior here. Open star comes second, and round tip looks like a shit

Closed star looks like somebody put their finger into it. No point = no dice.

Its also a more appropriate amount.

I heard that in general to have a well balanced meal you want to have at least 3 different colors on your plate.

>Closed star just because it seems to have the least amount of frosting. Too much frosting ruins a cupcake.
If the frosting is delicious, no amount ruins the cupcake. It is like having pie on top of cake, or custard on top of cake. If it can be eaten on its own, then there's no need to balance to the cake ratio.

OP, round tip looks really lovely on vanilla flecked with vanilla beans for some reason, or when simulating fresh whipped cream, but horrible on chocolate. Open star is awesome in pink with bits of crushed peppermint or some kind of sprinkle that nestles into those grooves, or if you need to park a cherry or other item on top. Making a rose with it can hint at the flavors of the cake, as well. So, there is no perfect, just something that complements.

I bet you keep a jar of frosting by your bed .

important in many senses, but the difference between those cupcakes is trivial

Round tip looks like jap poop.

>The rich care about a e s t h e t i c s and presentation

*The dumb.

hey thats pretty cool. everybody told me though when i had a mustache i let it be too wide. do you have a grooming guide for them

When I make cupcakes, they have concealed filling, so anyone trying to be cool making a frosting sandwich gets a mess on their hands xD

yes, this for fucks sake
why do cupcakes always have disgusting amounts of frosting

You're supposed to break away the bottom and place it on top of the frosting anyways so it wouldn't matter in this case.

>You're supposed to break away the bottom and place it on top of the frosting anyways

Because unlike a regular cake there is no frosting on the sides. The problem is with people who don't know how to eat a cupcake.

They all come out looking like round tip, so I really don't care how it looks going in.

Are you one of those >make a sandwich out of it people?

Are you not one of those people?

>I appreciate it, but at home I normally cook Indian cuisine and it's hard to pretty that up.
>indian
Oh boy, then lucky for you that round trip one will be something youre more used too.....poo in the loo. Now you have a place to put em...kek.

round tip looks exactly like an anime shit

its just aesthetics. where I work we all know we use too much frosting, the customers know its too much frosting, but if we but a normal amount, it makes them look weirdly unbalanced, and no one buys them

Kill yourself, teenbro.

Lets take what I am eating now.
Slow cooked roast chuck, shredded and marinated in a blend of herbs and shit,
shit tastes fucking amazing, but on its own its possibly the most unappealing food I ever saw... gap moe if this was a real person would be unreal.
however, once its in its bun, its no longer disgusting looking.

This is the key, you can't just have the appealing food be the most visible aspect. most food, when cooked, is let's say a 5-7 out of 10 on looks alone so most of the time, this isn't even an issue. but when the food looks like it could have came out of a wet cat food container, you should probably do fucking something.

But honestly, smell is FAR more important than looks.

> closed star
> french tip
> open star
> turd

Best to worst:

#1 French Tip
#2 Closed Star
#3 Open Star
#4 Round Rip

Home made: I don't care so long as it looks edible

Restaurant: I like it to at least look tidy. I'm not a fan of unnecessary garnish, no point in having a salad next to your steak when you ask for fries. But dear God, I hate this modern bullshit of using weird plates and containers for food. How the fuck am I supposed to enjoy a lasagne in a flower pot smaller than a soup spoon?