Explain this

Explain this

it's a meme from 2009 and is no longer available

Capitalism

What is there to explain. That is the number that comes after 2,209. Americans are fucking all fat and american corporations just don't give two fucks.

it is mostly fat and sugar, what do you expect dummy

it's 32 ounces of ice cream (ie fat + sugar) mixed with milk (more fat)

i had the large oreo shake at burger king which i believe is over 1500 kcals

it honestly didn't taste like 1500 kcals of sugar and was very disappointing

i know damn well for the $7 i spent on it i could've gotten a pint of ben and jerry's

would that even fit in that container? i feel like you would have to just take like pure fat like coconut oil and just dump sugar in and somehow cook out every single drop of water? i mean 280g of sugar is 1.5 cups plus like 7 tablesspoons of PURE fat (im sure they used like heavy cream or something) thats like 16 oz worth almost without counting WATER or the protein or cholesterol.

is this legitimately possible?

This.

According to their website, Culver's crazy for cookie dough shake has 1700 calories in large. Not quite there but getting up to OP's pic.

explain this

>32 fl. oz.

32 ounces is huge for a shake. That's a large McDonald's fountain drink.

>only contains sodium

Might as well be eating sand to make yourself full.

>280g of sugar is 1.5 cups
Not if the sugar is dissolved in water, for some weird reason you can dissolve a shitload of sugar in water...

>Capitalism
That would mean there would be a demand for that....

man eats 2210 calorie "york shake" from Baskin-Robbins every day for 30 days

That's not how it works in an overprotective economy. If you sell it, people will buy it. Some people have no real hobbies and get off on buying shit and nothing else.

*overproductive

>If you sell it, people will buy it
You've got it all ass backwards, go read an economics textbook at least please

That's how it works tho

>If you sell it, people will buy it.
Then try to sell mudcakes and get rich...

The shake is 32 Oz you stupid mong

artificial sweetener, fiber, and air

They have several items just as bad.

Kcals? K pal

Sometimes the demand for a product isn't created until the actual product is made. Make any "beverage" with a bunch of sugar and fat in it and some obese fuck will buy it

That means there is still demand for the product. With that line of thinking, it’s like saying there would be no demand for a microwave in the year 1930 because no one has thought of it yet.

Like the other user said, try selling mud cakes and you will realize there is no demand for it.

Marketability has nothing to do with practicality.

Many products are completely useless yet demand can be created for them. For example, pet rocks. Those silly suction-cup Garfield plushies that were a fad in the 80's, etc.

>Being this entry level at fat cunt foods

those items are practical in that it makes the owner feel good about themselves, otherwise thet wouldnt sell a single item.

>those items are practical in that it makes the owner feel good about themselves
That's not what practical means, user. In fact, that's the very antithesis of practical.

Yes, the "feel good" is the motivation for someone purchasing them. But practical it is not.

Who's to say that a 2000 calorie shake doesn't make someone feel good in some sick way? Their brain is practically on fire with how much stimulation they're giving it

That's not how that works.

It doesn't have crustaceans, it's HEALTHY!

>2210 calories
>281g sugar

isnt 281 sugar like most of a regular bag of sugar you buy in the supermarket? jesus christ

I mean it's better than communism

Sugar comes in 2 and 5-pound bags. That's like, just over half a pound.

how much does that cost? I can just drink that and I won't have to eat more that day, pretty neat

fiber has calories

the caloric density of an entire cake in a plastic cup
god help us all

Depends of the fiber. Lignins, for example, are not fermentable by gut bacteria, so are completely without dietary calories.

we sell it in one pound bags in uk. But anyway holy fucking shit this is how to get diabetes

Yeah just like how you sell miniature bottles of milk, or two slices of bread for all the poorfags.

At least we don't have pay phones in private poorfags homes or electric meters that you have to by a prepaid card to top up the meter so you can watch footie...

HAHAHAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA
>thinks today's economics is about meeting the demand and not creating one
AHAHAHAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAAHAA

WEll how else am I meant to get my vitamins

I can't even picture in my mind a human buying one of these and consuming it.

they unironically do this in haiti after their yearly government collapses and bi-yearly hurricanes

i dunno man, buying a pint of ice cream and eating the whole thing while crying and listening to melancholic rock music has been a meme for many years

one of those "shakes" is basically a pint of ice cream

what the fug are calories anyway

to truly be great this would also need to be peanut free

a unit of energy. iirc one calorie is the energy needed to heat up a gram of water by one degree celsius

or maybe thats a joule, but outside the us food energy is measured in joules anyway

What exactly do you think is going on, OP? Do you expect that people are buying these frequently? I doubt that is a very frequent occurence.

So what's wrong with having a 2210 calorie binge once in a blue moon? Nothing my man. If you believe differently, I sorta pity you.

Nearly. One calorie, in old-school physical chemistry, is the amount of energy required to heat a gram of water by one degree Celsius. On the other hand, when talking about food, people are actually talking about kilocalories. A single peanut contains roughly 2000 actual calories, but the shake in OP's image contains enough food energy to bring five. fucking. gallons. of water from just above freezing to boiling point.

>but the shake in OP's image contains enough food energy to bring five. fucking. gallons. of water from just above freezing to boiling point.
if thats true than why isnt it boiling?? checkmate aetheists

they cooled it down retard, if they let it go it would do it

>why isnt it boiling??
Because it's not on fire, retard

>retardmind

perfect drink for one of these!

if this didn't have enough sugar to actually give you early diabetes in one serving it would be good for bulking, but I guess there'd be no way to get all those calories in that cup without the sugar

I've been wondering how well lactic acid works as a lube.

there is no god left

underrated

It actualy works that way, just like ethanol and water, the volume is reduced after mixing.