Looking for some gin's

Looking for some gin's.
Post shit you recommend

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QWZbRxS_dO4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tried Hayman's Old Tom recently. I prefer the London Dry version, but if you're into sweet stuff Old Tom might be worth a try. The Victorians pickled themselves on the stuff.

>japanese botanicals
Huh, howzit taste?

Fresh and clean. It feels crisp while still having a fairly full body w/o being too intense in herbal notes, i suspect it's thanks to those japanese botanicals, the tea leaves in particular

I will have to find me some. I do love a good gin.

For a value pickup I'd say new Amsterdam ain't bad

Old Tom style gin is the best. Yet no one sells it anymore

Not true, youre probably just looking in the wrong places.

Look at this post for example

Bretty good, slightly sweet like an old Tom because they add honey, piney from the juniper

>not posting hendricks

is it actually that good?
I find the cheap german gin to be actually pretty good. didn't try hendricks yet

It's pretty good.

Maybe somewhat overrated, but you can't really go wrong with it, but then again I prefer sweeter liquor to dryer liquor.

I unironically recommend Gilbey's.

This stuff tastes like perfume, I love it.

Old Tom actually tastes pretty good on its own too, which isn't common with dry gins. I prefer dry gin for mixing though, unless the mixer is soda water.

Honourable Japanese gin, folded over 1000 times

holy fuck that's dystopian, I bet it tastes like pic related

The perfect gin for the aging brit who spends his days reviewing children's toys on a sofa.

kill yourself you delusional faggot. This is like if I let my kid choose the coolest most mighty mophin gin on the shelf. The correct answer is British gin. There. Now make a gin&tonic or a martini and put down the black&white chinese comics.

>This is like if I let my kid choose the coolest most mighty mophin gin on the shelf.

made me laugh, thanks

>I'm incredibly uninteresting so I'm looking for excuses to blog about having a kid

Yeah it's pretty tasty. Make a G&T with it and a few slices of cucumber for a refreshing fucking treat in the summer time. Bonus at the end you can eat tasty gin soaked cukes.

Friend gave me a bottle of this on my birthday, it's pretty fucking good, I will probably buy more when I finish.

postin' a few that im going through

>nobody recommending Seagrams

what are you people doing. al/ck/ here. I'll tell you this:

>Hendricks
expensive, even when I wasn't broke. very definitive flavor. cucumber and rose is overrated. high ABV, usually sad with myself after binging on this.

>Tanqueray
still a bit pricey for a near-middle shelf product.

>Bombay Sapphire
rarely consumed, but a favorite. strong juniper flavor, with some exotic bullshit spices. do not mix. sip on rocks.

>Beefeater
now we're talking. this is a my top choice for sharing with company. needs no alteration.

>Boodles
Not good. Ian Fleming's choice for Bond, but it's a bit oily and lacks juniper.

>Seagrams
smooth, with a mild flavor. good for mixing. not a sipping gin.

>New Amsterdam / Popov / Heaven Hill gins
No.

What's the best London Dry Gin, and why is it Tanqueray?

How would you rate Kinobi?
I'm this user I tried to get a hold of that gin while I was in Hokkaido a couple of months ago, but the only domestic gin I found was the Roku Gin.

Gin and Tonic fair in Germany.
Today and tomorrow.

I think you meant to say Tanqueray No. 10

While I like it, I wouldn't go so far as to call No. 10 a traditional London dry gin though.

That's... yeah, I guess you're right.

Probably why it's the only one that tastes any good.

Kinobi is fantastic, they do ship internationally and more online stores are selling them. I was initially rationing it as wasn't available in Aus, but I've found a supplier so it'll be my new go to.

>mighty mophin

I like any gin, tho

Thanks. To be honest, I don't understand why anyone mixes or drinks tonic. maybe it's because I only know the cheap stuff but Tonic Water is disgusting.
Glad I can get actually good gin for 5-10bucks in germany

Anyone have this stuff? I've seen it on shelves here since it's from my state but never picked it up.

>gin's

In the vast majority of cases, the apostrophe-s indications possession. There are a few exceptions such as "the 90's", but even those are a matter of style.

The proper usage here is "gins".

youtube.com/watch?v=QWZbRxS_dO4

Gordon's as a well gin.

>There are a few exceptions such as "the 90's"

Not an exception, the correct use of apostrophe here is '90s, as the apostrophe is standing in for "1900"

one of my local gins i like it

You lucky bastard, looked around when I had a short stop in Manchester for it. Four pillars gin is my local, so we should do a trade

I have drunk that gin many times in bars but I had never seen the bottle. It's nice.

For what it's worth, I think that good tonic makes a big difference over Schweppes or whatever.

I bought a bottle of that as well and quite enjoyed it. My go to is pic related right now.

its everywhere here, the bar i work at is going to start stocking it which means i have to use their enormous glasses and using all my ice, some of their flavoured gins are really nice

This shit is the shit. Although gin is a peasant's drink. As are all drinks besides wine and possibly whiskey.

what does it matter?
you're still drinking paint thinner

yeah, I hate the brand glasses and the excess ice, if you ever get the chance, ask your boss to get the Christmas gin they produce ever december. Essentially they throw a family recipe plum pudding into the distiller and the result is a spicy plum gin

You need to get the real deal. A good tonic water in a G&T creates a miracle. The bitter quinine mixes with bitter gin to form a sweet and flavorful thirst quenching nectar of the Gods.

I suggest giving it a try. Good tonic, good gin, more gin than tonic, both should be cold but include ice anyways, lime wedge or cucumber slice. Try not to enjoy that.

I've had the barrel aged one they make, it's really good. I would have to assume the pre-aged product is of a similar quality.

I made some Aviations with that one a few years back. Came out pretty well, since it's got less forward botanical notes compared to something like Uncle Val's, which I find works better for G&T.

I didn't read all these faggots bulshit but I'm pretty blackout on some gin that has a big R on the front that is legit as AF and was less than 14 a bottle.

Gin is my fav btw

This is my favorite

al/ck/ knows what's up

I bought this for the cool bottle and it tasted really boring and standard, save yourself $10

Bought me a handle for $15