>>9608312

The article says mostly rice, pasta and oatmeal. Looks like they had canned meats and fruits, otherwise the dogs they had would be severely malnourished. Plus I'm sure they did some fishing since the boat were attacked by sharks, and sharks would only be attracted to the ship for 2 reasons: shade or blood and guts being tossed overboard.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_position-indicating_radiobeacon_station
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They both looked really healthy including the dogs. I guess either they had some other protein or they caught fish. There is no way you could live off of just that for five months.

>be American
>eat a years supply of pasta, oatmeal and rice in 5 months
Thankfully they were rescued before they ate the dogs

Yea buy how much jizz did they eat?

Most real Americans are survivors and would have known how to get out of this situation. Plus you have to add the fact that these are women.

Haha I didn't factor in dog jizz.

Both white rice and white pasta are pretty much the same in terms of nutritional content. One third of a cup of cooked rice and cooked pasta contains about the same amount of calories, carbohydrate, protein, fat, sodium and potassium.

>think to myself why didnt they just sail towards land
>think for a second
>click on article
>scroll to midway part
>The women
>women
yeah, that explains it

they were american so were probably obese before the ordeal. now they look healthy after a diet free of burgers.

kek'd

I think the women were saved from the dogs at the last second. If you were desperate enough and needed to eat a dog you'd have to kill both as there's no way you'd be able to consume 1 without the other getting the hint

My great uncle was a district attorney for most of his career. He resided in Montauk right on the beach, commuted to the city every day for work. His leisure time was always spent at sea. He loved yachting. His boat was glorious. Anyway, when his wife fell ill (pancreatic cancer) he lived at sea for the time it took for her to die, as was her wish. They floated around the planet for almost 2 years until she passed. Eating and drinking their fill wherever they made port. She died in Argentinean waters off the coast of Tierra del fuego. Ironic name seeing as how cold it is there. Thanks for the unintended nostalgia. Haven't thought about them for years.

I grew up with people that would sail all over and wherever they would set anchor they would work in restaurants for a time then set sail for the next destination. I always thought that was such a cool gig.

>getting lost at sea

Do American's really do this?

If you asked him, what would he say about Flat Earth?

He died a decade ago.

> First, a piece of the mast called a spreader failed, Appel said, limiting the sailboat's maneuverability, and on May 30 a storm flooded the engine. Communications were also impacted.

women apparently do.

2 women sailing on ocean. No knowledge about navigation without GPS, no clue about repairing engine, no clue about sailing. They had only some weak radio (either big one was destroyed to too stupid to get some real communication tool, like sattelie phoe). And probably never tried to catch a fish.

A simple astronomy ap on their phone with GPS would save them from getting lost.

>Ironic name seeing as how cold it is there
the aboriginals living in the island before the spanish arrived used to make these huge bonfires in the middle of the desert whenever they stopped to sleep or eat or whatever since it's cold as balls there and they were mostly naked and covered in blubber
when the spanish came, all these fires would lit the whole horizon with flames during the night, hence they calling the island "tierra del fuego" or "land of the fire"

>wow, girls suck at math

>A simple astronomy ap on their phone with GPS would save them from getting lost.
Assuming they even knew how to operate the boat, which is questionable given the idiocy of their other decisions.

They also said in an interview they planned on going back out as soon as possible. I hope they plan on learning some skills before doing so.

Pretty incompetent for a bunch of lesbians

Period blood

Nice

Have any of you ever sailed in blue water? I'm judging no by the comments.

This. The ocean is mostly empty and the chances of a school of fish passing by is improbable. Dumb fucks just want to make fun of women itt.

They had five dogs when they left.

Imagine how much the dogs must have shit on the boat

Cut bait

> cell towers at sea

I live on the ocean and have been deep sea fishing my whole life. I'm assuming they didn't bring the proper fishing equipment. Also who told you that there wasn't any fish in the ocean?

Femanon detected

>what is a satellite phone

GPS works without cell signal. There are star-baser navigation apps that store data offline so that people can use it even when without cell signal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_position-indicating_radiobeacon_station

they should have to pay for the rescue, these women were so unbelievably stupid

these two dykes seem fucking retarded
>five months at sea, still look perfectly happy, obviously have a solar distillation system or something, haven't even had to eat the dogs yet
>hurr durr i thought we were going to die that day before the USCG showed up
>yeah we had five fucking months and couldn't figure out a way to jerry rig the sail and slowly make headway
>I told the dogs not to bark because the sharks could hear us breathing
I mean what the fuck. Women, everyone

>can't fix the engine
>can't fix the spreader
>can't even rig up a makeshift sail
I guarantee they were just too scared to climb the mast so instead they did nothing and waited for men to rescue them

WOMEN

Also
>not eating the dog

The only reason I have a dog is in case shit goes down and he either has to...

1. Be a distraction to a burglar while I shoot

2. Be eaten in the event of an emergency

that's a great story

t. incel

>tfw been dating a QT for 2.5 yrs
sorry roastie

Ok, chang.

I agree something isn't right about this whole story

>they did nothing and waited for men to rescue them
As usual...

Fucking patriarchy.

>instead they did nothing and waited for men to rescue them

I don't need to know any other details. 2 women stuck 5 months at sea and I immediately came to that conclusion.

>"I went downstairs with the boys and we basically laid huddled on the floor and I told them not to bark because the sharks could hear us breathing. They could smell us," Appel said.

So are these chicks really that stupid, or is the press trying to play up the danger aspect?

Going open ocean sailing without a sat phone and EPIRBs means they really are that stupid.

>Not knowing that sharks have very sensitive ears to smell you with.

Wat?

>not knowing that sharks carry small waterproof Dremel tools to cut a hole in your hull and eat you right up!

They use Harbor Freight tools.

>There is no way you could live off of just that for five months.
This nigga. Most of the human population lives off less than that for a lifetime.

he said ironic not sarcastic

Deep ocean is a shitty place for fish.

>implying that they weren't getting most of their protein from the dogs
it's a renewable resource, and they produce a LOT of cum

lol, they made them stay on their boat til next port of call. Surely to goodness they didn't really do that.

oh, you.
>no harbor this time

I honestly think this is quite bullshit or fishy.
That's a small boat, I doubt they got the rations for months, especially water.
I mean, water for FOUR. How did they achieve that? Rain?
I am not sure about fishing but deep waters are not for that kind of fishing, it is not that easy either.
Three months and they look healthy af too.
It feels too good to be true.

Ar you trying to tell me that four women did this for attention?

No, I said the story is fishy, and I don't believe it.

Sorry not three, my mistake, five.

>incel
This word is only used by ledditors.

This is your brain on /pol/ induced paranoia.

How the fuck suddenly this is becoming /pol/? Perhaps you are the one, not me.
I dont give a fuck wether it is two guy or two girls. Fuck off.

I'm sorry about your autism, alt-light redditor.

Yeah right, keep living behind that keyboard because you don't know jackshit about real world. Fuck off.

Have you been on a sailboat? A boat that size is fucking massive inside, larger than some apartments I've lived in. And like RVs, every inch is dedicated to storage in some way.

Also they had a desalinator you mong.

This. Really the whole story stinks of fake and gay. This is 100% fabricated bullshit, and yes, they did it for attention.
Let me guess, they have a Go Fund Me page open, and a book deal, with interviews about their exceptional bravery on Oprah or some similar shit. The whole thing smells like shit to me, dont believe this AT ALL.

But would you read the book if it had a dog blowing scene in it?

>Communications were also impacted
must have been torture for them to go so long without facebook

There is no doubt in my mind we will see these stupid bitches lying about their fake story on Ellen Degenerate and twenty other bullshit shows in the coming months.
Stupid cunts had nothing better to do with their lives, so WHY NOT lets just sail from Hawaii to Tahiti, like other normal women do! Because they have a shitload of daddy's money, why not just take one of the family yachts and fake a story to get international attention of bravery and such. SOUNDS LEGIT, not a single chance this was FAKED...
Millions of dollars to blow on tropical adventures, not a responsibility in the world... yet you cant afford a satellite phone witch every Puerto Rican now has two of thanks to FEMA grants. And your MILLIONAIRE family didn't even think to MAYBE make a half-assed attempt to look for you when you're gone for more then five months? All the time sending distress signals that are "out of range of 2017 millionaire yacht tech". Yet you still managed to be "found" in great health, fatter than before, with stories of being hunted by sharks. RIGHT-O

t. mtf tranny

Idiot

Sticks and stones... something something. But, thanks for the (You)

>a year worth of food
Hmm. I don't know what is the normal emergency ratios
But that's a lot.
Also,
>One of their cellphones washed overboard and sank into the deep blue water on their first day at sea
Jesus H.christ
This. I got one on my phone and it is amazing. Checking the sunrise time and moonrise, and navigation is easy by checking the stars.

>The ocean is mostly empty and the chances of a school of fish passing by is improbable
Bullshit. Have you ever read Kon-Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl? They didn't even have to catch the fish, they just had to grab the fucking things off the deck and shovel the rest overboard every morning because so many jumped on their craft.

>shark attack
>shark circling around the boat
>fin sticking up on water
Goddamnit it's like reading a children's book
Do you think sharks on deep water will come to surface to greet a metal boat

Well, we don't know if they attracted the shark to the boat by singing "Show Me The Way To Go Home"

>grab the fucking things off the deck
I assume you never went to deep sea and try to catch fish.
Sorry to burst your dream but kon-tiki is mostly bullshit
That's just stupid.

Pff, next your going to tell me Jaws was fiction.

>Sorry to burst your dream but kon-tiki is mostly bullshit
The documentary that won an Oscar back when those meant something?

>he thought oscar worth something
The next thing you will tell me that michelin worth something too.
Having an oscard does not guarantee the truth. Not to mention his theory is debunked in the first place.
fakegeeks.com/2016/05/31/fact-vs-fiction-thor-heyerdahls-kon-tiki/

All water is blue.

>Most real Americans are survivors

WTF are you smoking?
Wheat based products have a entirely different nutrition profile than rice, as do oatmeal. The 3 stack nicely to cover up their separate lacks.
Assuming they fished, they are also covering against B12 and a few metals. As well as all that great fish nutrition.

And you don't need that much canned fruit to avoid scurvy.

>metals
You mean minerals, bud.

Interesting read. Thanks.

The dogs had puppies, there's the protein.

Looks like the mast is still totally intact. It seems like you would at least try to rig up some kind of sail.

imagine the sex they had

It says They were already planning to stay on the boat for at least 2 months

You can buy a boat like that for a fifth of what a house costs and many people take time off work or between jobs to go travel.

Nice bait

I don't think the ocean is as healthy as where/ when that book was

>what is trawling boat
>what is fishing net
>what is fishing line
Nigga you believe fish would just jumped on overboard? Really?

>A simple astronomy ap on their phone with GPS would save them from getting lost.

Yup they could just charge that sucker up.

Who the 3rd world malnourished children of the world?