Foods you wish foreigners made aswell

Foods you wish foreigners made aswell

>stjerneskud

Other urls found in this thread:

rudilechners.com/
rudilechners.com/food/roasted-pork-shank/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can't even pronounce it.

I'm an American and I make those, as well as other smorrebrod.

It means shooting star

Where do you get these in the states?

what country are you from

>stjerneskud
Gesundheit.

he's clearly a danskjävel

Sorry I don't speak IKEA

kek'd

oh and sarmale and mămăligă

Texan here. I've been to Germany a few times and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get schweinhaxen outside of Germany.

I want some so bad right now, and there's not a single place on this side of the world to get it. Someone is welcome to prove me wrong.

It's really easy to make, though. I make it often, serve it with either dumplings or crusty bread fresh from the oven. A true delight.

Where are you? How do you even begin to get that cut of meat? You'd have to find a specialty butcher to sell it.

>ham hocks are a rare, specialty cut of pork, requiring a specially-trained butcher, taught in the ways of ancient bavarian pig-leg-cutting techniques
lol
I just go to Shoprite and buy a large hock. Then I corn it (like corned beef... only pork hock) and slow roast it.
Oddly enough, I bought a hock today, but that one is already cured-and-smoked as a shank-end ham.

>german ham hock is equivalent to any cut called "ham hock" in an american grocery store

I politely disagree.

Any döner kebaps in the anaheim /longbeach area?

Notice, I said that I buy "hock" not "ham hock" and I said "shank end ham" not "ham hock."
Maybe I'm unaware of what "hock" actually means and am using the wrong word. I don't know.
All I can tell you is that when I buy something labeled "ham hock," it's never larger than 2lbs/900g. When I buy something labeled as "hock end" or "pork hock," it's the same cut as what is used my home country to make pickled roast pork. It can weigh as much as 8lbs (3kg or so), though usually only around 5lbs (2ish kg). I can buy it, skin attached, from most chain supermarkets here in my Northeastern liberal elite coastal city for 99c/lb when it's on sale. And I prepare it as I described.

Not sure what more to tell you, friend.

scandining thread?

>Texan here. I've been to Germany a few times and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get schweinhaxen outside of Germany.
Woah woah woah... Texas is famous for Germans. Its why the sausage is right up on BBQ menus as prominent as the brisket. German heritage, that's why.

It's on the specials menu at most German restaurants, not so much biergarten pub food, but fine dining german restaurants that do full courses.
This old place in Houston claims to be voted best in the USA for pork shanks:
rudilechners.com/

Wrong link
rudilechners.com/food/roasted-pork-shank/

Holy fuck, that's very close to me. I'll go have lunch there tomorrow and report back.

Noted, but I've actually asked local markets + butchers if they do a hock end skin on, and it's usually a "not really".

Jesus fuck they charge $40 for haxe