Al dente

>al dente

al dente = one of the most popular italian memes

>CHRISSIE

>cook the pasta til it triples in size and starts to break down
>make sure you add plenty of your finest olive oil to the boiling water so it doesn't stick and rinse it with cold water after you drain it

>a la carte

>toothsome

>jewish

this is the first time I've heard this word and I'm already enraged.

>home style

You know how you will never be able to tell if you see the color you recognize as blue is the exact same as the color other people recognize as blue? Al dente is the mouth equivalent of that. No one knows what it really means.

>hole-in-the-wall
>molecular gastronomy
>gluten-free
>wedge salad
>new twist on an old classic

>umami
Just say savory you pretentious weeaboo

Wedge salad always makes me think, "you want a fucking salad, cocksucker? I'll make the absolute minimum bullshit effort I possibly can, because fuck you. You want your veggies mixed up? Fuck you. You want a vinaigrette? You get ranch, fuck you. You want romaine?
You get iceberg, fuck you. You want tomatoes? I will bounce these motherfucking tomatoes off my nuts like a seal with a beach ball, because fuck you, fuck your family, and fuck everybody that looks like you."

That pretty much sums it up. Also iceberg A FUCKING SHIT. Why even bother with the pretension of lettuce if all you want is bitter, crunchy water you need to cut with a knife?

>Wedge salad
This is a fucking thing?? ahaha, what the fuck

>salami
just say hot dog you pretentious faggot

Umami literally means savory though. Salami and hot dogs are very different.

Umami and savory are different

How so?

How are two different words with different meanings different?

So you can't explain it. That's fine.

awww, that's adorable.

You don't have access to Wikipedia?

>Umami (/uˈmɑːmi/), or savory taste, is one of the five basic tastes (together with sweetness, sourness, bitterness, and saltiness).[1] It has been described as brothy or meaty.[2][3]
Wikipedia seems to consider them to be synonyms. So do you have an actual point to make or are you just being condescending?

ice cold wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon bits is genuinely one of the better kinds of salads

Looks like Wikipedia is wrong in this case. Doesn't surprise me.

>instructs me to consult Wikipedia
>doesn't even know or agree with what it says
So this is the type of person who says 'umami'...

>Al fresco

I'm not your tutor. Savory doesn't mean much of anything as far as describing taste goes. It's specious nonsense.

Seems to me that it means 'brothy' or 'meaty,' same as umami. But keep pretending to be enlightened.

Continue to be afraid of new things because they sound foreign. I don't care how you carry on in life.

>frite

I'm not 'afraid of new things because they sound foreign' LOL. All I've done is ask you to differentiate two things that appear to be synonymous and you've failed to do that.

'Ok'

Your conversation skills are top-notch. You probably just assumed I'm trying to troll you or something but it really was an honest question. Whatever I guess.

'Ok'

they used it in redwall books all the time, it's just a vaguely old-timey word for delicious

>medium

75% of this thread is some retard arguing with himself.

Right? Like, fucking cook the pasta till it isn't hard any more and doesn't stick to your teeth. It's not that hard.

Idiot