Implying calculus is hard

>implying calculus is hard

Attached: 9780521867443.jpg (353x400, 14K)

>I'm really great at calculus, I love it, it proves I'm not a brainlet, but gee, these deltas and epsilons, I don't understand shit about that, what do they even mean?

tfw destroying my real analysis course but struggled with calc.

Attached: 1512341657414.png (601x508, 127K)

Attached: top kek.png (468x272, 65K)

unironically this i fixed my maths skills going through the algebra and calculus books after becoming a neet

Someone who says they didn't learnt calculus from spivack didn't do all the exercises and got lost in all the notation.

>Going back to school after 3 years because I needed money
>Ask math grad friend how to get caught up and prepared for my calc course
>Tells me to do spivak between then and class
>Very difficult but okay, I got this
>Finish 3/4 of spivak by class start
>Way over prepared for any beginner calc stuff
>Just need to learn applications because Stewart's is a shit.

>take Calc 2 at Uni
>got 97 in Calc 1, loved the stuff
>heard terrible things about the course from my peers, but also heard they rewrote the curriculum, so I wasn't too concerned
>The new changes made all tests--of 3 in total--10 multiple choice questions
>No partial credit
>only other grade was a 10% quiz grade
>No curves
>Once I got to Taylor Series, I ended up dropping because I had no chance of getting a passing grade of >72% (anything lower and I can't advance to the next course)

>multiple choice math questions shouldn't be a thing, especially with no partial credit
>fuck loosing a tenth of a grade just because I forget to carry down a negative sign, after doing a half-page of work and arrive at the correct value (absolute)

yeah but just think of how easy it is to mark.

multiple choice calculus exam? wtf is that shit?

How is Kline's Calculus textbook? I cant afford Spivak ;-;

pirate bay fool

If you think any branch of math is easy, you're just not going too deep into it.

>buying textbooks
What the actual fuck

Half the AP test

That's clearly the reason why they did; god forbid if the TA's actually have to work for their free grad school.
The funny thing is that they don't use a real scan-tron with the tests, just a column of boxes to put in all the answers. I'm guessing it's so the TA's can still say they hand-grade every test.

it's like user said, they changed it so that it could be graded more efficiently. Colleges are a business...

Why Taylor series? There are much harder topics in calc.

>implying you will do calc 3/4

i struggled solving pic related without lhospital since we still didnt learn it.

Attached: lMwrvEL.png (141x50, 3K)

Don't know how to factor x^3?

Calculus is one of those subjects that's talked up so much that it makes it harder than it should be. I'm in Calculus 2 right now and to this day the hardest math class that I had was a Precalculus course. My professor was kenyan and was just trash at teaching trig. It was before I really knew how to do well in math though.

Bruh I feel bad for you I passed Calc2 with a high B, but if it makes you feel better right now I have a high C in Calc3

no, i had to learn it.

actually this is not just factoring. i solved it factoring it in a very specific way.

>>>/b4c/