Implying calculus is hard

King_Martha
King_Martha

implying calculus is hard

Attached: 9780521867443.jpg (14 KB, 353x400)

cum2soon
cum2soon

I'm really great at calculus, I love it, it proves I'm not a brainlet, but gee, these deltas and epsilons, I don't understand shit about that, what do they even mean?

likme
likme

tfw destroying my real analysis course but struggled with calc.

Attached: 1512341657414.png (127 KB, 601x508)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Attached: top-kek.png (65 KB, 468x272)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

unironically this i fixed my maths skills going through the algebra and calculus books after becoming a neet

MPmaster
MPmaster

Someone who says they didn't learnt calculus from spivack didn't do all the exercises and got lost in all the notation.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Going back to school after 3 years because I needed money
Ask math grad friend how to get caught up and prepared for my calc course
Tells me to do spivak between then and class
Very difficult but okay, I got this
Finish 3/4 of spivak by class start
Way over prepared for any beginner calc stuff
Just need to learn applications because Stewart's is a shit.

takes2long
takes2long

take Calc 2 at Uni
got 97 in Calc 1, loved the stuff
heard terrible things about the course from my peers, but also heard they rewrote the curriculum, so I wasn't too concerned
The new changes made all tests--of 3 in total--10 multiple choice questions
No partial credit
only other grade was a 10% quiz grade
No curves
Once I got to Taylor Series, I ended up dropping because I had no chance of getting a passing grade of >72% (anything lower and I can't advance to the next course)

multiple choice math questions shouldn't be a thing, especially with no partial credit
fuck loosing a tenth of a grade just because I forget to carry down a negative sign, after doing a half-page of work and arrive at the correct value (absolute)

Techpill
Techpill

yeah but just think of how easy it is to mark.

Methshot
Methshot

multiple choice calculus exam? wtf is that shit?

Emberfire
Emberfire

How is Kline's Calculus textbook? I cant afford Spivak ;-;

SniperGod
SniperGod

pirate bay fool

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

If you think any branch of math is easy, you're just not going too deep into it.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

buying textbooks
What the actual fuck

JunkTop
JunkTop

Half the AP test

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

That's clearly the reason why they did; god forbid if the TA's actually have to work for their free grad school.
The funny thing is that they don't use a real scan-tron with the tests, just a column of boxes to put in all the answers. I'm guessing it's so the TA's can still say they hand-grade every test.

it's like user said, they changed it so that it could be graded more efficiently. Colleges are a business...

Spamalot
Spamalot

Why Taylor series? There are much harder topics in calc.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

implying you will do calc 3/4

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

i struggled solving pic related without lhospital since we still didnt learn it.

Attached: lMwrvEL.png (3 KB, 141x50)

StonedTime
StonedTime

Don't know how to factor x^3?

Emberburn
Emberburn

Calculus is one of those subjects that's talked up so much that it makes it harder than it should be. I'm in Calculus 2 right now and to this day the hardest math class that I had was a Precalculus course. My professor was kenyan and was just trash at teaching trig. It was before I really knew how to do well in math though.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Bruh I feel bad for you I passed Calc2 with a high B, but if it makes you feel better right now I have a high C in Calc3

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

no, i had to learn it.

cum2soon
cum2soon

actually this is not just factoring. i solved it factoring it in a very specific way.

Flameblow
Flameblow

>>>/b4c/

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit