How do I eat slower?

How do I eat slower?
Coworkers always comment that I eat really fast but of course I do, I'm hungry...

The only time I eat slow is when the food is really thermally hot that I can't just start eating immediately.

put your food or utensils down after every bite. take smaller bites/cut smaller pieces. chew your food really thoroughly. just those three things will slow you down considerably.

I chew-count to 20 but I still finish 15 minutes faster than everyone else

Nothing wrong with eating fast

do you participate in conversations at all or are you just focused on your food?

Unless you're shoveling food in your mouth like a duck there's no such thing as eating too fast. Maybe it's everyone else who is wrong.

I do but it's hard to talk when people are eating their food and I'm done because I don't want to disturb them while they're chewing and stuff

If it's a fancy steak dinner, then yeah you can slow down and enjoy it. If it's just a work lunch then it's fine to eat it fast. I can't stand slow eaters that take 20 minutes to eat a bag of chips or an apple. If you're going to take 20 minutes to eat 100 calories go eat grass all day like a cow.

Iktfb
>make a point of chewing every bite twice as long as feels natural
>limit how often I allow myself to pick up a forkful of food
>make an extra effort to carefully savor every bite
>periodically set down utensils and pause eating
>finally finish my food after an eternity
>everyone else is only 1/4 of the way through their food
>some of them don't even finish
I just don't get it.

Exactly!
How can people not finish their food when you're paying for it...

Look if they are "always commenting" and this is from coworkers in a professional workplace, people who usually give a little pause to be polite and not offend others? Then something is probably wrong here.

What do you normally eat for lunch? Could you change it up to something actually chewy? Get some really thick bagel bread maybe, a thicker sandwich. Try having your mayo on the side, and pausing to spread a little before each bite? Try having some soup, and yes, use your spoon right, have it hot enough to pause with each bite. Have something to read at lunch,paper, or work, or just a magazine, or comics section, just something to draw your interest down a little bit as you dine and chat and can also be used to make conversation. Have food that has to be cut. Have some salad, or pasta, or some serving of meat, just something that has to be pushed onto a fork, and then trimmed off a bit before each bite. Try having some crudite and dip, carrots and ranch, apples and caramel, something that can be gnoshed on bite by bite, maybe double dipped even, but needs some chewing. Are you packing one thing? Or are you doing courses, mains and sides. Do you have a cut up apple to consume after your lunch? Something that isn't you sitting there empty plated while they eat slowly?

I have a dessert course often at lunch...the cookie or granola bar kind of finish that I enjoy with a heated cup of coffee. It can be pocky I can share, or something I brought from home that is homemade. I bring a couple extras of whatever I know others will enjoy.

I used to eat pretty quickly as well, and it got embarrassing in mixed company pretty quickly.

Learning conversation and savoring the experience and paying attention to every bite rather than "trying to get full" helps a lot. Also learning how to properly use utensils and forcing myself to never deviate, even at home, really slowed things down naturally.

People use to eat multiple courses as well, which helps pace out a meal much easier than everything at once.

Hrm, Just wait for responses in their own time.
Hey did you see the weather forecast? I am excited for the cold front, what about you?

They usually finish the chewing and then reply. Then you can reply. They say never put so much into your mouth that you can't chew twice more and answer a question. Maybe their bites are too darn big.

Hey did you see the weather forecast? I am excited for the cold front, what about you?
>chew chew chew
>not much, you
>have mouthful of food
>can't reply because you're not supposed to reply with a mouthful of food
>they get angry because I don't reply immediately and am still chewing
WTF!

The worst is that they're constantly making comments about it, like watching me eat is just so fascinating
>woah user you really destroyed that!
>woah user how can you eat all that and stay so thin?
>woah user done already?
Fucking hell, just let me eat in peace.

ignore that shit. A job isn't everything. Being free, living for your family, raising your kids with values love and tons of your own free time... that's much more meaningful than a job.

Realize this, and unlock the inner child that dreams bigger. Let him out of his room so he can see the sunshine again.

If someone else doesn't get it, that's their problem not yours. Either people get it or they don't, you don't have to be bothered by what they think or say.

How do I eat faster? My friends finish a few minutes before me and it's awkward being the only one who is eating.

Are you Asian? Asians tend to eat quickly so they can get back to work faster

yes, but my colleagues are asian too and they eat slow

I used to eat fast as kid, times when I just sit there and the rest of my family still finishing half of their food.
Chew slower, cut the pieces smaller, drink inbetween. Try to really enjoy the food.

I didnt eat as fast before but then i got into construction work and we just had to eat fast as shit so now i cant get rid of my speed anymore no matter what i do

little bites.
stop eating like John Kasich you disgusting animal.

>eat at what feels like a normal pace
>food is already almost completely cold by the time you get to the last bites
>slow myself down even more so that I finish with the others
>food is completely cold by the time I eat half of the plate

I think that I'm the one in the right, everyone else is just showing off or something