Sci-Fi Novel Where All Women Gain Power to Kill Men Wins $40,000 Fiction Prize

>A sci-fi book set in a fantasy world where all women suddenly gain the ability to kill men with a single touch has won a major fiction prize.

>The Power, by Naomi Alderman, was announced last night as the winner of the Bailey’s Prize for women’s fiction, which carries prize money of £30,000 (about $40,000).

>It describes an alternate future in which women find themselves endowed with deadly, electrical superpowers.

>Early in the “feminist science fiction” novel, by former Guardian writer Alderman, an unexplained event means women can suddenly fire electrical blasts from their fingertips, inflicting huge pain – and death – on men.

heatst.com/world/sci-fi-novel-where-all-women-gain-power-to-kill-men-wins-40000-fiction-prize/

>kill all men
>humanity dies in around 80 years
Bravo
shit thread btw
saged

And yet these same women will be rabidly pro-gun control
Someone explain this shit

Sounds pretty cool.

How is this evil, antisocial fantasy different than the conclusion of My Twisted World?

Why do we care?

men can use guns

also guns are complicated objects that require technical knowledge to use properly. its better if you just have a somatic magic power that makes you *feel* powerful and strong all over, like you can DO IT, like you aren't an unwanted ham beast, you know?

>WAAH STOP WRITING BOOKS I'D NEVER READ

but seriously that sounds hard to pull off

It's interesting how when men fantasize negatively about women, it's about having a harem and women knowing their place, but when women fantasize about men it's always death or castration.

Really makes you hopeful for the future of women in politics.

continued fallout from the Sad Puppies v. critical milieu. Nothing to see here except the continually widening gulf between the majority male sci-fi/fantasy readership and those who assign it literary or cultural relevance.

Why are you all assuming it's supposed to be some kind of utopia?

The vast amount of male serial killers would like to have a word with you

That'd suck. We'd have to put them all in insulated cages.

Because look at her photo

It'd give rubbers a whole new meaning

Memes

Male serial killers don't even border on 1% of the world population.

Based on her life, wherein she manages to kill every person that gives her health advice once trapped within her gravitational pull.

They don't even border on 0.00001% of the world's population, for that matter.

>not significant enough for there to be a torrent
> The victims of sex traffickers turn on their assailants. There are revolutions in Riyadh and Delhi. Oppressed women assume that divine intervention has saved them from the hell-on-earth of their previous existence, and a new religious leader is ready and waiting to feminise faith
well that's fucking racist, but i wouldn't expect anything else from feminism

And they aren't prone to writing books either.

Dude serial killers are like one of the most likely demographics to write books

Why is there no prize for men's fiction?

Its called every other prize shitlord

serial killers only kill because they have to. what they really want is to imprison and rape repeatedly, but out of necessity they have to rape and dispose of the body quickly. it's just more practical than building a rape dungeon.

the other good thing is they get to prepare a harem of souls for themselves in hell they can rape and torture for eternity.

Personally I think the point of killing women is actually because you establish a profound undeniable bond with them for all eternity
But maybe thats just me

>But maybe that's just me

female serial killers are a lot scarier. sure, a guy might lock you in a basement and torture you to death before cooking you in a meal. a woman will lock ten of you in her basement to run her farm and kill you off one by one once the life insurance pays enough. they just want the money and you dead. there's no weird sex stuff to it or years of soul torturing maladjustment; female serial killers take more victims and really just want the money/power.

Sounds like gimmicky shit, but you're all assuming that it's an utopic novel, but it's just dystopian genre shit, so it seems silly to throw such a shit fit over this.

that was the logic that led Dahmer to kill, he had weird compulsions for complete dominance, and by killing them he would establish complete control over them. Also why he kept body parts and ate some of them.

When i was a teenager i wrote this novella called The Castration Exhibition, which was about a guy castrating other guys in increasingly strange manners (IIRC it started with detailed, surgical procedures and by the middle it was about using pliers), so that hardly seems like a female exclusive thing.
Plus i knew this degenerate lad who had a castration fetish

What the fuck are you on about.

Nah the real fucked up part about female killers is that they'll marry you, make you think they love you, give you children. Then one day kill you all in your sleep without giving a slightest reason why

Dahmer was just eating men because its less gay than eating cock

>' Her parents are “unorthodox orthodox jews” '

>Women want to overpowered men
>Only way they can is by an unexplained event that gives them powers
>Author is a obese woman

Damn...

Dahmer was eating men because he was terrified of having them leave him.

>I'm pro-enlightenment rationality and free thought until someone writes something I don't like and gets paid for it by an in-group society of critics who don't impact market sales whatsoever

good goy! I have free tickets to CPAC 4u!

at least she's not full on dumb and self-important enough to think American women are the most oppressed creatures on Earth.

most of them do not give two fucks about actual issues women are having and would sooner approve of what goes on in India or Saudi Arabia all the more to stick it to men in America.

>most of them do not give two fucks about actual issues women are having
good
apparently she's jewish and was mentored by atwood, who wrote a book about Veeky Forums users