What to read after pic related, The Portrait or Ulysses?

What to read after pic related, The Portrait or Ulysses?

Portrait.

Ulysses.

Portrait

Ulysses xD

Portrait

These one word responses are fucking useless. Love Veeky Forums. Def's read Portrait before Uly. Pretty short anyways and worth the read, only took me a day or two.

ulysses

Portrait

Le Ulysses xd

Portrait

Ulysses

Portrait

ulysses

I think it's probably really stupid to attempt to read Ulysses without reading Portrait.

Not that I've read Ulysses.

Tough one, OP

>prerequisite reading to understand Portrait

Nothing. Maybe Parnell's wikipedia page if you know nothing about Irish history.

>prerequisite reading to understand Ulysses

The Western Canon, including Portrait.

Garbage responses to a garbage OP. At least put in some effort. Let us know your thoughts about the book you just read

Considering that the main character from Portrait is one of the major characters in Ulysses... read Portrait first. You don't need to read the entire western canon to understand Ulysses, either. "The New Bloomsday Book" will do just fine for a layman such as yourself. Anyone who says otherwise is a pseud roleplaying as a lit professor.

What did you think of Dubliners?

I read Ulysses first, then dubliners and portrait. I suggest going back in time and read Ulysses first.

Finnegans Wake

I have a job, am hungover every day, and generally a slow, contemplative/meditative reader, so it would probably take me a full month.