Japanese food thread

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/04/tamago-kake-gohan-egg-rice-tkg-recipe-breakfast.html
youtu.be/uen6dVleCTs
youtu.be/4xD3wfp1LAA
youtube.com/watch?v=dn88LiPOKMc
youtube.com/watch?v=geZWL_gE-Ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bland food general.

jeez its only rice and fish LOL

Could you actually post a more boring thread?

what is this boring shit?

Something about your life?

I thought we killed off these shit threads years ago?
Some weeb reposting google images is just lame.

Based on my ability to read, Japanese food.

don't pay attention to those asshats
post more jap food pics

don't these guys just eat like rice and grass lol?

>tfw no agepan where i live

What's wrong with that. Fish is tasty. In my country we eat grilled fish with bread and grilled salad and olive oil

NEEDS MORE ADOBO LOL AM I RIGHT MY FELLOW BROWN PEOPLE

Way to post the most boring looking Japanese meal ever.

I missed these threads unironically

You have good taste user.

That guy was a shit poster.
All his pics were just google grabs from nip restaurant websites.
Waste of time.

This is exactly what my host family had for breakfast every day when I was there.

This is the place next door to me.

Nice muscle definition on that flabby ass forearm, girl.

This has to have the best preparation time & effort to taste & nutrition ratio in the entire culinary world. I make it with brown rice

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/04/tamago-kake-gohan-egg-rice-tkg-recipe-breakfast.html

why in the fuck would those things be in a ratio when comparing different foods
jesus christ someone make it stop

>tfw get to eat delicious Japanese food everyday
Feels good living here.

what's cost of food per month for you?

this shit is disgusting, guarantee it this was some Ethiopian dish none of you people creaming your pants over it would bother with it, but because you saw it on some anime...

jap food is disgusting but i watch a lots of anime and i haven't once seen that shit. except for like one movie which was garbage.

*tips fedora*

>Ethiopian dish
eww fucking gross.

About $300. I splurged on the Eel since its Saturday. Normally I would just get a small meat dish and eat it with rice I cook myself. Sides are also cheep you can get like a 1 gallon jug of daicon radish for like $3. Overall a dish similar to this cost me $1.50.

I've only had Ethiopian 3 or 4 times, but it was always tasty. Never anything super visually appealing, but delicious!

All I meant is it's super easy and fast to make compared to how nutritious and tasty it is.

I posted that and I've never watched anime in my entire life. It's actually very tasty you can play around and add different seeds or spring onion and other greens etc.

>eel
Fuck yeah

bland as fuck

what am I looking at here

rice and fish, fish and rice, the list goes on

Food pics from Japan?

Onigiri (rice ball).

Grilled rice ball with chestnut.

rice is grass

"NikuJaga" Home cooking. It is not offered at the restaurant. It is rare in pubs.
There is a theory that Irish stew is prototype. Truth is unknown.
Simmered beef and potatoes. Other materials are different for every family, there is no fixed form.
There is a legend that women who can cook delicious NikuJaga can marry. Typical home cooking in Japan.

Anyone able to identify the knive brand?

They were bought as gifts, the boxes were bland and the text on them doesn’t give much away.

I like the look and they hold an edge reasonably well.

Ate this in a town called 'Kashiwazaki' in Niigata prefecture

When I lived in Tokyo for five years working as an animator for a well known studio this was my breakfast most days.

Chicken sashimi i ate in an inzakaya

They prob freezed the meat to kill parasites. Its fine.

How's the texture? I know the meat is safe because the chickens are raised in much better conditions than your typical American farm, but undercooked chicken is always shit texture and taste wise.

That looks like Yayoiken.

Yeah i mean i ate like half the plate and didn't die and the dish is everywhere so clearly they have figured out how to make it safely.

The texture was pretty nice in my opinion actually.
it was kind of like raw, lean fish.
soft, but with a bit of resistance like tuna or swordfish.

I ate this wagyu 'gyu-katsu' in Shinjuku, Tokyo. It's essentially a breaded and fried steak.

It was fucking delicious

Japan has an obsession with cabbage, I love it.

This was a raw aji tatare.
Aji is called horse mackerel in English.
Its kind of like a sardine/mackerel

This is an 'omu-rice' with a beef demi-glace sauce i ate in a family restaurant. Like a Japanese Denny's

I lived in japan for a few years. I miss being japanese versions of chinese food and being able to get good ass box lunches from Lawson whenever I want. Also, just Tokyo in general is crazy and fun as hell.

This was a pork tonkotsu ramen, it was delicious as fuck and so rich.

¥460 for breakfast

This was a sardine and pork based broth ramen

You've never had Ethiopian food. but then again, neither have Ethiopians.

What kind of sausages are those?

Veal usually.

Nice, looks pretty good.

no. what KIND OF SAUSAGE IS IT???

Schau Essen

Sukiyaki

Meat, vegetables, mushrooms, noodles and tofu cooked in a shallow pan in about a centimeter of a sauce (soy, sugar, and mirin).

Once cooked, you transfer the cooked food to a small bowl with a lightly beaten raw egg, and then you eat the eggy, soft food.

That's not Sukiyaki.
Nothing like.

Very popular here.

There's certainly different regional preparations of it, either different meats, different sauce ingredients or a lack or sauce altogether, and different vegetables and whatnot. Some people use fish sauce, some people just use water. Some people forego the egg.

But, I fail to see how what was posted isn't sukiyaki.

Shabu shabu is the only thing that could be similar enough to it to be confused, but it is not the case with me.

>gun

excuse me? guns are banned in japan

That looks fucking delicious.

Airsoft LARPer

I'm glad she's so good at social media.

Kill yourself you fucking spastic.

youtu.be/uen6dVleCTs
youtu.be/4xD3wfp1LAA
have some japanese food for you
thought about going to a sushi bar soon for the first time. any input?

>tfw so poor you have to eat sliced ice for dinner

yawn

mapo and gyoza are chinese though

youtube.com/watch?v=dn88LiPOKMc

Gyoza are clearly Japanese

It's Chinese

>pronouncing 餃 as gyo and not ame
>pronouncing 子 as za and not ko/me/maybe mi
fampai even the name is recent chinese.
the dish itself is like chow mein in the us, it went from unheard of to super-popular after ww2 and is now cooked and eaten in a way that has little to do with whatever chinese recipe it may have been based on, so it's hard to call it either chinese or local.

incidentally, you can probably trace a fair amount of american """chinese""" to japanese """chinese""". things like whether gyoza is a side or an entree, or when you add egg while making fried rice, were adaptions that ended up getting either exported to or reinvented in the us.

noice vid mate

also, as someone who's spent time in both countries, japan treats gyoza restaurants as chinese and they often branch into things like egg rolls, fried rice, stirfry, mapo, etc. meanwhile china treats (japanese style with distinctions like rice as a side, garlic used to flavor pork, etc) gyoza restaurants as japanese and they often branch out into things like sushi.

How thick do you order the noodles? I get them pretty thicc and it's delicious with the broth. Hearty meal.

tsukemen from rokurinsha

I remember getting a similar fish set in a small restaurant in Kamakura. Got a big piece of grilled salmon. That was pretty good

Japanese food is not even remotely bland you fucking peasant.

those noodles look really fucking good for some reason

begone weeb

youtube.com/watch?v=geZWL_gE-Ak

In a dish like that, are you supposed to eat the skin? I spent 3 weeks in japan and avoided ordering anything like that just because I didn't know and didn't want to make of a fool out of myself.