Al/ck/- Alcoholism General

"hoping i dont daydrink too much before the office halloween party" edition

old thread about to kick it What are we drinking today?

Other urls found in this thread:

hams.cc/taper/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

feel like trash, fucking hair of the dog not working

Have you tried doing things that make you happy?

as much as you might piss them off you will ruin them if you an hero.

just ride it out, we all get there eventually

Had to pay bills this paycheck, so only have 3 beers left for the next 2 weeks.

This isn't going to work. Luckily I can take some xanax in lieu of alcohol if it gets too rough.

whats your paypal

Good luck, user.
I hope it works out the way you want it to.

>drink too much whiskey last night too fast
>wake up with nausea
>at 10 am dad hands me a beer
>says “you one of those sissies that doesn’t drink until 5 pm?”
>go to a bar and drink more

Still trying to hold down my puke

Don't think I ever want to drink again. Got fucking hammered last night because I bought alcohol that tastes TOO good. Had some panic attacks, threw up like sixty times, and all but burned bridges with the only friends I have (which equates to two).

Only issue now is remembering that. Already tempted to drink more. Weirdly enough it trumps my desire to smoke.

Boxed White Wine with 50/50 mineral water is perfect for poor alcoholics like me.
Doesn't give you a hangover, is cheap as shit and makes everything somewhat bearable.

I usually drink 1.5 ltrs Wine and 1.5 ltrs water an evening. On weekends I double it. Even that doesn't really fuck me up the next day, just feel a little weird for a couple of hours and that's it.

Can't drink hard liquor because I know I lose control and drink the whole fucking bottle anyway.

Don`t give money to people here. Then everyone is going to start begging for it.

>Can't drink hard liquor because I know I lose control and drink the whole fucking bottle anyway.

same here. i never buy liquor for this exact reason

Just buy nips...

>when you wake up at home with cuts and bruises, sore body and the last thing you remember was it was still daylight out......

not worth the cash. beer alc here

I need to go back to this sort of thinking. Been waking up on the kitchen or living room floor with an empty bottle of vodka and beer cans next to me more than my usual once a month benders.

Sober since the 2nd of this month. Spent 23 days in detox at the local mental hospital. Am now on Prozac, naltrexone, propranolol, and trazadone. Im out of detox as of this past Tuesday and currently in the concurrent disorders unit - mental health and substance abuse. First weekend home, go back Monday

Mall drinker out

slavery is illegal user especially in japan

Back with another beer

Yes Sierra Nevada is very common, it's hardly a rarity

But it's also a good beer

what's a good excuse to go out and buy booze? what is something you go out for 15 minutes for when you live with your parents and everything you need materially is already stocked in the cabinets?

anyone get high heart rate and anxiety/panic attacks the next day?

every day faggot welcome to the big league

say youre picking up some rolling papers at the gas station

Smokes or an ATM

it is a good beer.

when will you drink it, though?
won't they notice you being drunk or smell the alcohol in your breath?

>dumped all three bottles of alcohol
>withdrawals have begun

>when you read "just don't start drinking alone" and it dawns on you that it's not a normal thing and you've been doing that for the longest time

>tfw drinking alone and at home is safer than going out

Maybe before electricity my friend, but I've texted and called more people I hadn't spoken to in years that I'd like to remember. Not that I could.
Sometimes I think I was destined to be an alcoholic. I mean I could never go out with someone and not drink something, not because I'm introverted or anything, but what else am I going to at a bar (and I really mean this, where else to people go on their evenings?). I don't feel comfortable spending 4 times its value on a bottle of water or soda, so twice the value of beer seems adequate.
Shit as I was thinking of how to continue the story I figured I've got so many excuses and reasons to drink and I just can't give it up. What do I do without going to a clinic

i've mastered being drunk around my parents. they never know. if anything you go hide out in your room and it's no big deal. i just need an excuse. i don't smoke or have any reason to leave and they know i do drink but never catch me in the act. i already went out to go work out and picked up a pint of vodka but it's gone and i want more

if you're serious about quitting and don't want to waste thousands of dollars on a clinic then check this out . it takes a lot of discipline and i can't lie and say i've ever succeeded at it but it's an idea you should consider.

hams.cc/taper/

you basically just drink beer all day and NO LIQUOR and slowly reduce the amount of beer you drink

Saw you're out of beer or lie and say you have a friend.

Beer taper. Easier and safer. Google hams taper

MOTHER FUCKER.

I broke the 4th cell phone this year, Another 700 dollars down the drain.

Looks like I dropped or threw it off my balcony last night. I found it downstairs on the concrete with a broken screen

How the FUCK do you people keep breaking that shit?
I've had the same phone for 15 yeas

I'm at peak best feeling drunk now
My shit's all fucked up. I'm so tired of needing booze to be happy. Whenever something good happens, I keep being kicked to the curb

Either throwing or dropping them.

2 I dropped while getting out of my truck (I put my phone under my leg as a habit so I can feel it vibrate because I can't hear it ring over the exhaust), 1 threw when I was pissed, An the other last night idk if I threw or it fell off the balcony

Currently drinking some of the finest bottom shelf $13.99 for 1.75L whisky available

Is Monday the best day to try and start a sobriety regimen or is the starting day completely arbitrary?

>out of a free water cup

Like a true alcoholic

well done, you are now dependent on four substances instead of one. But I know how they push those things on you in mental health settings, a word of warning, their 'safe proper mental health drugs' are just as bad as any other substance you can take, legal or otherwise.

Be carfeul brah

>tfw trying to stay sober but in airport duty-free

really fucking want to buy cheap vodka

>captcha: broad dismount

just do it dude

Dude fuck you.
The only way you would say this would be if you don’t drink.
Fuck, man, using Prozac for depression over alcohol is like getting glasses vs. wearing daily contacts for a month

>broad dismount
sounds like even captcha wants you to fall of the wagon in a spectacular way

>not buying a ton of duty free cigs and alcohol like an absolute madman
>not being drunk when flying

Lad....

Delete young people

>hey man you wanna stop drinkin?
>yeah so all you have to do is not drink as much
I appreciate the help user, but come on

I love my whiskey but the hangovers are brutal.

Since I don't have to wake up for work I just pop 3 Advils and drink some Gatorade about an hour before I usually wake up (1pm) and I'm right as rain around 2 or 3 pm

Normally I'd be out at a bar enjoying a the slutty costumes on Halloween weekend, but I can't be bothered this year. It's 40 minutes each way and there's too many niggers and I hate the idea of having to pay to park my car.

>Captcha negro pic related

Just buried my friend today. He an heroe'd last Tuesday and I found his rotting corpse 2 days after. The sauce has been hitting me much harder these days.

there should be an a/ck/ meetup

Haha, no.
Absolute not

Why not?

Because all you'd get is fat sad fucks who just ant to die but aren't bold enough to suicide

If you're a sad, lonely alcoholic the last thing you should be doing is meeting more sad, lonely alcoholics.

I was trying to dry out for a bit but I got wine yesterday and I got vodka today and now I don't feel too great about myself.

You can be miserable as fuck and still enjoy the company of like-minded individuals. That's the point of this thread, isn't it?

>dont go to AA

This is arguably be semi-truthful apart from the fact that if you still drink, antidepressents will make u a monster.

>arrested for public drunkenness twice
>piss the bed
>drinking all night long bcoz cant sleep
All from Cymbalta. Th th thank big pharma

nice dubs m8, u poor mother fucker.

And you're a great friend to support his family and that.

What's it like having a DUI conviction?

i hate my life, i want to die, so lonely and depressed. actually i dont want to die, before i can experience the lovely things of this world, but i cannot, because i am me. i am so lonely

i had a breathalyzer in my car for three months and had to do a 5 week traffic offender program. they teach you that you should quit drinking because if you ever drink again you'll inevitably end up driving and that is true. the first thing i did when i got my breathalyzer off was buy a pint of vodka and drink half of it on my way to work. the whole experience cost me about 4 grand and a pizza delivery driver job

>if you ever drink again you'll inevitably end up driving and that is true.

Wrong.

Only idiots do that.

I made the mistake of driving after having 4 beers at a 4th of July bbq and got a DUI because I forgot to signal when I was turning right.

After my DUI I don't even touch my keys after I've had just a sip.

Half a beer and I will not drive at all, Uber all the way nigga.

>tfw no qt alcoholic gf

Do you think it's possible for an alcoholic to meet an alcoholic gf and through The Power of Love they can defeat alcoholism? Or will they just merrily both drink themselves to death?

fuck off man. Mallbro is trying to dry out. He doesnt need your alcy moralizing.

fuck you.

it's probably happened before. i wouldn't put money on it. there was a couple in my AA group that had been sober for a few years. relapse is inevitable though and then you go from lovers to enablers

>gf went to Halloween party out of town, staying the night there
>i told her i have homework to do
>i am smashed

Can women be true alcoholics or are they just doing it for attention like most of the things they do?

I've never met a woman who had an overwhelmingly bad drinking problem, Or anything besides drinking a bottle of wine a day because they are bored housewives

age?

>drinking 24/7 blackout drunk
how do people do this?
I drink all day everyday but I sometimes take half a day off or something, and most days I will not be drinking from when I wake up till when I sleep

I'm starting to push through that wall of being unable to consume alcohol when really hungover or sick, is that all it really is?

Also I often hear about people not eating at all while on binges, how can that be possible? alcohol doesn't fill me up at all

teach me to be a better alcoholic pls Veeky Forums

keep sipping that pharma kool aid m8

even if you don't drink they can fuck you up, they are not the good, effective, clean medications they are made out to be

so just taper off and avoid the need for/use of shitty 'safe' pharma drugs... Oh wait most of you idiots lack the discipline and insight to make a change even when you claim you want to

Welp I’ve got 2, and I know I’ll get another if I ever get my license back, which means mandatory prison, so, I’m pretty certain I’ll never want it back. Back on foot like a babby.

two of those are dependent. Prozac probably and trazadone I have no idea about. Isn't it an anti-psychotic. propranalol is a beta-blocker treating anxiety and high blood pressure. I take it for unrelated reasons and I can skip a dose because it isn't addictive. Naltrexone blocks the action of opiates and alcohol. Fucking dumbass. Think before you open your stupid drunk mouth. Dude wasn't even given any benzos. Then you can post.

Hey I take prozac and alcohol. They both help in different ways. :)

respond you cunts

i want some tips on being a better alcoholic

Your post was boring and doesn't really make sense. Good for you. You don't experience things that other alcoholics do. I'll teach you how to become a better alcoholic. Quit while you're ahead.

my post is a question, it's not made to entertain you fuckhead

small amount of sake or a miniature bottle of whiskey?

whichever gets you more drunk

or both

In the past 2 months because of alcoholism, I have
>lost girlfriend of 7 years
>lost my house
>lost my job
>attempted to an hero
>forced to live with parents who limit my alcohol to 4 beers a day
>do nothing but watch football all the time

what do?

move out of your parents house

I'd rather live on the street

start watching cute girls doing cute things

thought about that, but it's gonna be winter soon, and I'll probably die on the street
Where do I do that? I'm not into the anime

>football
get better taste

Underage b&

>be me
>3 days ago
>drunk as fuck with my dad
>black out, he told me i did these things
>tell him i got somethin to show him
>bring him into garage
>start pissing on everything he owns
>obviously he is angry as shit
>for 20 minutes i attempt to debate him on my right to piss wherever I want
>later on pass out in the rain outside

I need to give up the liqour

>for 20 minutes i attempt to debate him on my right to piss wherever I want
Stand up for your rights! Fight the system!

Which lovely things?

>Your dad let you pass out in the rain
Shit that never happened. The post if I ever saw it. Go back to redd1t fag. Watch your gay forced screenshots there.

I always take a bath then sleep.

That sucks. I never lost anything , because of my alcoholism ,other screen of my phone and buying alcohol itself.

i've been living with my gf of 7 years for 8 months now and im surprised she hasnt brought up my crippling alcoholism

I got blasted last night downtown
I feel shameful even tho I'll never see those ppl again

I keep doing shit so retarded that I have to search my town name on YouTube for weeks afterwards.