Who else sniffs books while reading them? I usually do it every chapter. Any other strange lit related habbits?

Who else sniffs books while reading them? I usually do it every chapter. Any other strange lit related habbits?

Whenever theres a large blank spot in a book I compulsively fill it with thoughts. They can be related to the literature, or not, but it's proof of my place in time at that particular moment of a book. Books have a way of changing you and making you think in different ways, so keeping note of the exact place you are in that transformation is valuable, and by forcing yourself to do it at any blank spot, keeps the thoughts true by nature of spontaneity.

I bought Henry Kissinger's "World Order" (for uni) at a used books store (not a used bookstore) and its filled with scribbles made by an old lady (judging by her name).

In this commentary, she asks questions to the author ("why would you say this?"), comments on the time of the day of when she was reading ("its not raining today"), what she was doing while reading it (eg. cooking, washing the dishes).

Funny thing (or, perhaps, tragic) is that she got that book as a mother's day gift in 2016 and I bought it last month. She read the whole book (she underlined almost every sentence), she appeared to have liked it very much judging from the comments, and since she received it as a gift from someone she - supposedly - loves (her son) why would she sell it so quickly!?

My assumption? She died and during the inventory they decided to sell it. Perhaps it was her last book, I don't know.

With softcover books I always open the book far too much for far too long. I've noticed while I was locked up, whenever I lent other inmates a brand new book, they would return it with hardly any wear on how the book looks when I leave it closed on its side. But after I finish a softcover book, that shit's always ajar. I mean, I don't know what others do differently. Maybe they just read faster than me so it doesn't mess up the spine? Or maybe I just open the book too far apart? /poor book care.

I did last night since I had not read for a couple days. I wanted to revel in the scent of a good book for a couple moments.

They don't read it

I always start conversation with them about it. They clearly read it.

it would be cool if there was a book like this. Two narratives, one a story, and the other notes detailing the life of a reader. maybe they would intertwine somehow near the end.

Like "If on a winter's night a traveler"?

same problem man. Ive even tried reading a softcover barely opening it. Reading the inside pages on a curve and having to turn my head to read it easier. They still end up being ajar. I just dont get it

I like to rub my dick on the pages. I work for a very large used book dealer so if you buy on Amazon there's a chance that the pages your smelling has my dick residue on it.

came here to post this.

I like holding the book while I seat cross-legged while I sipping coffee and speaking to myself about the chapter I just read.

I like the way your write, hows this called?

I sometimes will kiss books that I am especially fond of.

I only sniff ass

After I finish a book I cum all over it so no one else can ever enjoy it

I read soft cover books like this. I think they get damaged during transit, and when I read on the ground.

"English"

not sure how its pronounced

I read books at school on the floor next to the door to the teachers lounge. Every two pages, I lay down on the floor using my book as a pillow, and reflect on what I've just read.

I sniff ass dawg