>free range
>Vegan

What other red flags are there?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/
cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/the-foundation-restaurant-close-1.3938585
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>No GMOs

So what? that means no corn and it has purple carrots?

>”””processed”””
>package has directions for microwaving the contents
>”Mc_______”
>served on a plain round white plate that’s bigger than an average person’s face
>the restaurant has knickknacks and junk bolted to the walls
>*insert national brand name here*’s _______

>Vegan
Whats wrong with that? It's just a qualifier.

I guess with how uppity vegans are, just hearing the word makes one cringe

because it means they likely sacrificed quality for marketing purposes

>vegan

This is the biggest red flag for me.

>moustaches and monocles on the menus
>gluten free but not milk free
>proud to use coconut oil instead of palm oil
>coconut milk
>stupid names for all the dishes
>roof tiles where plates should be
>literally all the front of house are off their tits on coke on opening night
>fusion tapas
>world buffets
>rare burgers
>our signature special sauce

"American Classic"

>Vegan
I actively seek this food out because it means the establishment has a commitment to the health of its clients, as well as the earth itself. I find the other restaurant patrons are usually less of a liability to be around. No people of WalMart to ruin my appetite.

stay away from the following

>"locally-sourced" **
>"umami" anywhere on the menu
>"curated"
>"mouthfeel"
>serves avocado toast

**honestly if you're thinking about arguing against this, don't bother. it used to mean something, but i dare you to find me one definition of "local" that the USDA, restaurants, consumers, and supply chain/logistics companies all agree on. i'll be dead before you can manage it

>I only accept the definitions muh gubmint gibs me

You are aware, there are small business owners that still have enough self respect and honor to faithfully adhere to honesty without muh gubmint, right? I personally know several restaurant owners who do buy product within 100 mile radius whenever possible and they don't advertise stuff that was outside that range as locally sourced. Stop thinking everyone operates like a politician or corporation.

>dish titles are pop culture references

>the kitchen staff is all or mostly white
>there's an entire section of the menu dedicated just to "specialty burgers"

>hurrrdurr I love deforestation !
>chugs palm oil
>fuck the environment
kys.

shut the fuck up, faggot

>grass-fed
>pasture-raised

>wacky name for a pre-established dish
>"our famous _____"
>burgers stacked so tall that they become impossible to eat normally

Crigne doesnt mean "anything i dont like" it means when somebody is forcing something or trying extremely hard and failing. Back2reddit

>small batch
>""gourmet""
>new and improved

The EPA is a good thing, user. It's like you want to eat chicken shit for dinner. I hope the pesticides you allow into your body sterilize you.

>organic
it literally means "once living"

>served on parchment paper on top of a plank of wood

>dry brine
>bone broth

Fuck off

>deconstructed

vegans of Veeky Forums

discord
.gg/JxtR2t

>Soup served on a flat plate

IT'S JUST FUCKING BROTH
YOU MAKE BROTH WITH BONES AND OTHER SHIT
IT'S LIKE CALLING APPLES STEMMED APPLES OR SOMETHING

>conflict-free

>Black-owned

Using or not using palm oil (sustainably-sourced or not) is not the red flag.

Being proud about not using palm oil, and moreover being proud about using coconut oil instead, is the red flag.

>Our famous __________
REEEEE.
>Hubby's favorite
>In-house BBQ sauce

>Vegan [dish that's vegan anyway]

Free Range is a red flag?
You guys are weird.

>Cruelty free

Hand crafted. Craft.

All these vanity labelling only shows how out of touch whiteys are with reality. To fulfill these labelling, you have to farm using economically ineffecient and ultimately unsustainable practices. Right now you can indulge in this because you have the safety net of modern farming in case you run out of conflict free asparagus.

>>served in Mason jars
I remember Veeky Forums used to be all over the "drinking out of mason jars" meme.

>bone broth
REEEE
IT'S STOCK

It sounds so nice and it's something that I would spend money on but how the fuck do you know what it even means let alone if it's true?

staff creation

I went to a restaurant once which was everything OP described, my friends brought me there. Was filled with hipsters drinking shitty PBR out of mason jars. Ordered vegan nachos. They served it with hummus instead of cheese. Never wanted to walk out of a restaurant more. Fuck Foundation in east Vancouver.

>fair trade

We charge you more so you can feel good about yourself

Less than 5% of the world is vegan. How the fuck is it a marketing ploy?

it's really hard to be sure that things are vegan b/c so many random products have milk powder in them

He's right though you brainless retard

>The Columbine High Chicken Pot Pie
I was a little skeptical at first, but while the title was tasteless, the pie certainly wasn't.

>small batch

Lets add
>reserve
to that list.

Shit, almost forgot:
>rare

"session" on beers

it's just a fancy word for it being too shit to be economically viable more than on novelty value alone

>new and improved
depends on the product for this one imo

Literally what the fuck is wrong with hummus

Would you prefer they gave you vegan cheese?

>From the makers of_______

looks like the dog fucked the cow and now they're knotted together XD

>"session" on beers
Because Americans have once again taken a work and redefined it to sell a product.

Session beers are low alcohol content ales that you can drink for much longer (i.e. a session)

free range meat and dairy us the only good meat and dairy (apart from veil)

it was explained to me as being commonly that, but also commonly just a word for it being limited edition, as in, they are only making one session's worth of this beer

either way its hipster bullshit that makes me instantly avoid it

not that guy but hummus is really bland.

>Vancouver
HAHHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
protip: all canadian cities outside quebec are trash, str8 trash

>veil
V E A L

ITS SPELLED

V E A L

a veil is a covering for something ffs. veal is the meat of a calf. jesus chris

Anything served on a cutting board or in a fryer basket.

>I personally know several restaurant owners who
your anecdotes are 100% meaningless. the fact that you tried to strawman my post into "MUH GUBMINT" is a pretty telling sign that you didn't get my point especially when i specifically mentioned restaurant owners in the four groups of people in my original post.

>in a fryer basket.
Now this is some next level hipster garbage.

Do you mean the little plastic baskets intended to be used with a piece of wax paper, or striaght up a stainless steel wire basket?

reddit.com/r/wewantplates

Alberta reporting and fuck you Quebecois trash.

Not disagreeing with you, but I do notice a lot of store bought ""broth"" isn't actually made by simmering bones and mirepoix. It's really an issue of authenticity, compounded by an issue of dumb people and the resulting semantics.

ah, so you live in the abbo wastelands, huh

n0ice

actually not n0ice at all kys you wannabe american

>reddit.com/r/wewantplates

>americans can't handle a fucking cone

Big talk from broke wannabe french faggots.

>he only has one(1) economic activity worth anything
>that one(1) economic activity is constantly being blocked by abbos
>meanwhile in quebec there are many(>1) economic activities worth anything
>in addition, many of those economic activities are undertaken by homegrown companies instead of imported yankees and chinks

>ask for plate
>receive pretentious cone
>haha why aren't you pleased?! fucking america xDDD
Have you ever considered suicide? I'm thinking it might be a powerful career move for you.

>>receive pretentious cone
>pretentious
fish and chips is served to go in paper cones all the time. all they've done is place the cone in a holder. the only thing wrong with those cones is that they're easy to tip over and you can't look at your food as easily to instagram it like the basic white bitch you are

>food for frat niggers is served out of a doggie dish
nothing is wrong here, animals eat out of animal bowls.

>>meanwhile in quebec there are many(>1) economic activities worth anything

Our one economic activity has been carrying your worthless ass for decades. In return we got another useless, liberal, Quebec pandering, retard as PM.

And it's not just abbos trying to fuck over the one thing keeping this country floating, your worthless mayors piled in there to try and turn us into a colder version of Venezuela too you worthless fuck.

>served in mason jars
My mom has a Dreamsicle cookie recipie: she packaged the nonperishable ingredients this way when she sold the ingredients on a bake sale.
I know some stores do similarly.
Anyone here do this?

Or you know, you could cook with olive oil instead of being a memeing coconut oil user and avocado loving hipster.

That's been my experience too, and those places usually don't cost more so there's no downside.

mason jars aren't themselves a meme. they are very useful and a major brand of glass jar/bottle manufacturer for a reason, and the rounded square shape is a proven safe yet space-efficient and easy to manufacture design.

the problem is people treating them like drinking glasses.

quebec pays the most taxes into the fed, and gets the biggest payouts back. maybe look up how equalization actually works you memester retard crypto yankee shit

I don't look for red flags. I see what it is and what it costs and make a decision. Many ingredients qualify for buzzword labels by default so it doesn't cost anything to put it on the packaging.

Quebec is set to receive 11 billion in equalization payments this year.

Alberta zero.

>but we pay federal taxes too!

No shit you retarded french mongrel. We do as well, but we don't get it back, they give it to you on top of you getting your taxes back because without it your province becomes the third world shithole it should be.

>alberta calling any other province a third world shithole
LMFAO

Your reading comprehension is shit.

you're right, but now that i reread it, your comment makes no sense

alberta still sucks though

Nobody cares what mongrel french faggots think.

i don't live in either of those shit holes

Go fuck yourself anyways.

so your saying you wont eat anything without meat or dairy in it? good for you, your totally winning who needs plants

y u mad?
cause you live in an oily wasteland where a loaf of bread costs $6?

this seems impractical in every way

reddit.com/r/WeWantPlates/

I assume he means the stainless steel wire basket. The little plastic basket with wax paper is the proper way to serve fried seafood and french fries in a beach town.

When the shit isn't served on an actual goddamn plate/dish.

This sort of manufactured quirkiness is usually trying to hide that the food isn't that good.

>moustaches and monocles on the menus

>the kitchen staff is all or mostly white
Good, that means they hire talent, not colors

>Foundation in east Vancouver.
cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/the-foundation-restaurant-close-1.3938585

A higher price is the sustainabikity.

Unless you're talking about 40 years from now when all we'll be able to eat anyway is algae and powdered termites, then yeah.

Solid discord. GG op

Kill yourself, reddit.

I WILL FUCKING KILL YOUa

>food served in a sneaker
I refuse to believe a restaurant actually does this and it wasnt just a customer taking a joke pic with their own shoe