He should have moved to New York not Paris

He should have moved to New York not Paris

Other urls found in this thread:

tumblr.com/
youtu.be/fCR9Kva6JOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Daily reminder he wrote his masterpiece in Trieste, and you don't even know where Trieste is.

I do its a borderline Slavic shithole.
If he was in America he wouldn't have written the cynical joke that is Finnegan's Wake

Finnegans Wake wasn't written in Trieste.

In Trieste he wrote Ulysses

>"shithole" related

whats the cynical joke? im a pleb

The entire book. Joyce by that point was a monster commited to destroying the novel and he did it

He didn't mind "shitholes" though :^)

Do you mean the novel as a medium or the novel as the novel Finnegans Wake
And why did he want to destroy it so much?

Dude fucking Moscow can look pretty in pictures too. This is what his room was like. Even a shitty slum in the Bronx would have been a palace compared to how he lived in Trieste. There's reports of friends witnessing him and his wife eating out of a shared cooking pot by hand. Its no wonder he came to hate humanity

Is that John Frusciante ?

He would have hated New York

>spartan lifestyle
>bad
I guess I should just trust you user who hasn't written the greatest novel in English.

Give me time

Forgot my pic

That album is pretty good

It doesn't matter if he'd have hated it. It matters if it would be good for him and literature.

He was definitely a disgusting human being, user, but he didn't write in that shithole. He used to write at Caffè San Marco, which is pretty cool.

Get some taste

It takes a very special kind of person to live in New York. He would have been better off in Cape Town or Vancouver.

>writing in public

>He wouldn't have written the greatest work of the 20th century
New York is shit.

Why do you think he was disgusting?

New York is a very similar place to Dublin just on a massive scale. Both cities have a certain sense of being at both times sacred on all corners and yet beg transformation. The people at once both hugely aware of their place in the world and yet aggresively indifferent to what it demands of them.
If he lived there for a few years and then retreated upstate or whatever it would have been the best situation. We would have gotten the second great American novel

Name your favorite album
>inb4 I only listen to classical

>New York
>sacred on any corner, ever, at any point in its history
What's that meme where the black guy laughs and then inhales and then laughs harder? Imagine i had written that

Before this thread continues, do you live in New York City?

Perhaps he became a "horrible person" because he was schizophrenic according to Jung.

No I live in Dublin

>Dude he's so smart he overpowers insanity

Jung was a retard

>le literary mental illness meme xD
C'mon, stop spreading bullshit

Just look at his hands

>there are no gradations to schizophrenia and everyone who has it is "insane" and unable to function on any level

Speaking of retards.

Carl Jung treated Joyce's daughter for schizophrenia, and had interacted with James himself.

So what?

Irrelevant. The point is you can't out think mental illness. Its patently absurd

>>le literary mental illness meme xD

durrr biology doesn't exist at all now because jews often manipulate shit around it for their own agenda

le go back to pol xD

And yes
schizophrenia is far broader than
"Woah! Voices in my head, I'm actually president of the world!"

Oh great a Memerson cultist is here to improve the thread with on topic contributions

>I'm shitting on you for being an illogical retard so that makes me a fan of Peterson now

how does your mind work (if at all)?

One of the most significant psychologists ever claims someone is mentally ill. And you, the brilliant Veeky Forums poster, whose met neither, believes he is more knowledgeable about it than the doctor...
and why is that?

Actually the real truth is schizophrenia is a made up category altogether.

How so?

>significant psychologists ever

You mean a literal theoretical dead end with no true legacy in any field outside his cult following

Its a way for psychologists to try to medicalize what is actually the only "rational" relationship to modern society.
There is literally no good reason not to be schizophrenic

Nah, I mean a man who went to school for psychology and interacted with thousands of patients knows more about mental illness than you do, and you can't deny that although you'd probably get your neurons firing trying to think of another witty comeback.

So it's made up by being an actual condition?

My dudes, I could be schizophrenic and not aware of it, for all I care. Schizophrenia is just another empty word, claimed to indicate a disease like "homosexuality" did before the 20th century. If you care about such spooks, well, it's pretty hilarious!

So, what do you mean by schizophrenia, and how does it overlap with the schizophrenia that psychologists consider to be a pathological condition?

You've no idea who I am and your assumption a deranged radical who lived a century who believed in the occult had a better understanding of psychology than any moderately educated person today displays a suspect grasp on reality

>with no true legacy in any field outside his cult following

hahaha psychologists all over the world find aspects of his work interesting. they might not subscribe to his methods in toto but his work is so variegated that many non-jungians find something significant in it.

you are the worst kind of idiot pseud on this board. just stop posting.

"Sanity" is the condition that prevents a natural schizophrenic attitude.

A varying radical lack of consistent operating axioms and assumptions of your conception of reality

>find aspects of his work interesting

"Interesting" is a polite word people use to say quirky but useless.

Schizophrenia is an empty word. Go to your local mental hospital, you should.
"I am smarter because I have WebMD"

>There's reports of friends witnessing him and his wife eating out of a shared cooking pot by hand.

and there are reports of him getting drunk every night.
No matter how impoverished and starving they are, the Irish always manage to somehow find a way to get drunk

"pseudo-intellectual" is a frank word to suggest that you should stop talking shit.

>Joyce thread
>Ctrl+F "farts" yields no results

What the fuck is wrong with you Veeky Forums?

There's been a subtle post hinting it at least

The great failing of modern psychology is how unintrusive it is. That you ought to respect the wishes of the patient unless they harm others (or expressly harm themselves). Truth beyond perspective or community belonging are not socially current right now. This seriously limits the therapeutic approach to dissociation, personality disorders, and schizophrenia spectrum mild psychosis behavior

For someone claiming to have any clue about psychology I'd suggest reading up on projection

Because its not possible within science retard. What you're suggesting is just prescribing people spooks arbitrarily

tumblr.com/

To whine about your little mental unease and cut your wrists in peace

>For someone claiming to have any clue about psychology I'd suggest reading up on projection

this coming from the guy who is literally trying to talk on behalf of every psychologist on the planet right now and dictate how they personally and professionally feel about jung's work.

what a delusional posturing ass you are. you don't even see it, do you?

I actually consider psychology in general a pseudo-science and an absolute joke of a field. But even in that rotten failed state of a discipline everyone still stays away from Jung like he smells of dogshit

PROTIP: Only newfags still take Veeky Forums this seriously. Hide thread or fuck off yourself.

youtu.be/fCR9Kva6JOQ

Utilitarianism and anglo-scientism are spooks as well. Identity is a social construct and disturbances of identity emerge from.social disturbances. The idea that a person ought to find compatibility or reconciliation with society should be a within the formalism of psychological pathology. Something can be good for a person whether or not they explicitly wish for it

pretty much this

"everything is spooks"

Speaking of schizophrenia

>fuck he's right i am talking colossal levels of shit right now

>better subtly misdirect past that with a soapbox rant about psychology in general

lmao at how hard you're trying to pass this posturing off as anything but posturing.

Yes, everything is a spook. Stirnerism is more about some sort of Gnostic inward knowing than anything prescriptive

Dipshit, we're speaking of the pure pragmatics of what a scientific method can discern and describe. If you're interested in trying to form a pseudo-religion based on faithfully accepted principals you're more than welcome to it but its totally out of the purview of a serious discipline.

Psychiatry.and clinical practice involves ethical and social judgement, such things unable to be delimited scientifically. The problems of psychiatry mirror the failings of Western culture in meeting human needs, the value perspective is wrong and the premise and dogma should not be trusted

>psychology in general a pseudo-science and an absolute joke of a field
Of course bro, but your opponents will scream til death "BUT I HAVE MENTAL ILLNESS JOYCE HAD MENTAL ILLNESS YOU'RE DENYING HE WAS SUPERIOR AND I HAVE MENTAL ILLNESS, HOW CAN YOU DENY I HAVE MENTAL ILLNESS OMG YOU'RE RETARDED" ("you're retarded" but they have mental illness, the superior mental illness, yes. They need it)

>they think psychology is not instrumental in developing corporate culture strategies e.g. bigly important to the economy not to mention its use in intelligence analysis & criminal investigation so also important to security the second leg of the State.

>they use greentext a lot xD xD

I absolutely agree, but there is as it were no interior solution. And in a hostile polarized society God speed to anyone trying to establish an exterior one

Sounds like a load of cancer to me

It is

Well his daughter did suffer from schizophrenia all her life, so some underlying tendencies in JJ isnt too big of a gamble.

he should have move to Buenos Aires teaching each other's patience with Borges and the rest of those old fucks

"You're right but they"

What are you our Collective father? What makes you think you have any authority you stupid fuck, self righteous faggot.
Yeah, I cared so much about politics when I was actually under aged. Go post some more pretty lines.

>he had schizophrenia therefore he was a genius
>(and now I also pretend to have schizophrenia so I can tell myself I am a genius a real artist)
Open your eyes, fucking dipshits. The most obvious path is usually the fallacious one. In fact it's the opposite.
>he became a genius during his life therefore he (now) has schizophrenia
You may ask, how so? Because schizophrenia is indeed a made up category altogether. If you don't get this (even now that I've explained it to you as a courtesy) you better kill yourselves because your intelligence must be really fucking low.

>TFW not living the literary lifestyle.

*Trst

Its not, hes an idiot. The novel is written in a made up "language of dream". Its meant to be felt to be understood, if youre willing to really challenge yourself i recommend reading it. Read out loud and in rhythm

I know right fucking geniuses, how do you get that smart. Americans spend all our time paying huge bar bills to drink piss water

Comfy AF

lmao this is the tower in dublin, could you be more of a pleb? it's even in the filename

best of all his albums