Having ((((a)))) beer

kind user's, please explain to me the cultural phenomenon of a "having a beer". why do people crave this when i has no benefits?
a single beer does not get a normal person any kind of buzz. nor does it taste as good as water, juice, soda, etc. it's also more expensive than the aforementioned.

It's about the conversation, not the beverage. Also, speaking a lot requires one to open their mouth, making it dry; which ultimately requires a beverage.

Learn social skills you autist.

Get lost, mormon

>nor does it taste as good as water, juice, soda, etc.
That's where you're wrong. Beer is good with dinner.

A person who doesnt drink much can catch a buzz off one beer.

Even one drink will loosen you up a bit. Plus it's not like asking someone to dinner or over to your house or anything. It's about the same level of commitment as having a coffee but less faggy

I don't get the whole UGH I'm so tired I just need a beer then slouch in the recliner meme

i understand the social meme of beer drinking. what i was talking about was people who "can't wait to get off work and have a beer". is this a euphemism for drinking more than 1 beer?

this is what i'm talking about

this
if you think beer doesn't tast good then you've only ever had shitty murkastronk macrobrews. there are plenty of good beers, but for most of us in burgerland ya gotta know that you can only find the good shit at liquor stores

its relaxing

It's an excuse to relax and socialize. Nothing more. It's as arbitrary as eating caramels on a park bench with another person. It's the conversation that matters.

What kind of shithole do you live in where restaurants don't serve good beer? They should at least have the ones from your local breweries.

I live in small town oklahoma. there's actually a decent restaurant and bar around, but I don't drive and being outside after dark, on foot. is a good way to get harassed by the man, cause there's literally nothing better for them to do

and before anyone asks about it, we have no taxi service and no available drivers show up in my area on uber

It tastes good.

I mean yeah, white collar won't cop to being drunks. It's only acceptable in like construction sites to talk about how you're gonna get wasted on a 12 pack every night. Plus plenty of people just have one or two drinks every night to unwind and stop worrying about their $10,000 in credit card debt, their dick of a boss, and that lump on their scalp

Even after one beer I can feel a change in my perception on reality, if not drunk then perhaps more at ease with life.

Found the fatherless numale

You have a couple guys over and have a beer and converse, its all about the conversations shared. Its symbolic.

>I live in small town oklahoma
Do people actually unironically do this? Why would you stay there instead of moving to civilization?

I think you have to get drunk a few times to enjoy beer. its like behavioral training or something.

thank you for explaining to me anons, i'll be sure to tell reddit how helpful you are!

on a fixed income bruh. I stay with family, can't afford to live on my own, but I do pay a token amount of rent just for my own pride

>be me
>grow up in small farm town in Ohio
>grew our own food, locals meat, town was extremely self sufficient
>food tasted 10x better just because of the freshness and locality
>get to enjoy food with family and friends in a small tight knit community
>no problems from the outside word
>hunted my own food from age 10, would snare rabbits with my brother when i was 12.

Small town life is the best life broski

not everyone wants a front row seat to the upcoming plague.

>the "beer tastes good" meme
This is 100% objectively bullshit spread by insecure children afraid that they won't fit in with their peer group.

If you drink shit beer then its true, you gotta pay up if you want good beer that actually tastes good. Oh and dont drink it cold.

t. manlet tastebuds

Found the insecure children.
Maybe when you're all grown up you'll stop worrying about how others look at you.

Ok retard

this is why you have 6 beers. if you don't understand, you're just an antisocial autist.

>O-o-ok r-r-ret-t-ard
A helpless child's "comeback"

>but I don't drive
On the one hand, good: it doesn't mix well with drinking (alcohol messes with judgement).
On the other hand, not driving in small town America?! Are you crazy?

>eating caramels on a park bench
There should be an age limit here. 18+, 75-

Tastelets when will they ever learn. Yes millions of people across cultures and socioeconomic classes all drink something that is disgusting and you're the only one to see the truth. Congrats you figured it out.

I live in bumfuck nowhere and it's nice. Cost of living is cheap, my deer stand is literally 150 yards from my house, there's a nice fishing pond in back of the house, have a big garden and we're getting a few chickens and a hive of bees in the spring. The only thing I hate is the occasional half day trips to the fucking war zone called Memphis. You can have your fucked up city life all to hell. I can buy any ingredient I need and find any authentic recipe to make it on the internet, and I do. Humans were not meant to live in western dystopian cities.

>This is 100% objectively bullshit
It's well known that people differ in how much they like bitter tastes. It's a genetic thing. If people like bitter tastes, they probably like beer. And high-quality chocolate. And well-seared food.

But no, you seem to think that if you don't like something, anyone else saying that they like it must be lying. But that's because you are a stupid moron.

When did I say I was the only one. Plenty of people don't drink beer because it's objectively awful and they don't need to lie to fit in. I don't think I'm special, I just choose not to lie.
Beer snobs are the actual special snowflakes. They think that pretending the hardest to like beer makes them more cultured than everybody else.

lost my licence, and the place is small enough I can walk most anywhere I want to go within thirty minutes

You sound like that virgin loser nobody invited to parties

I get that meme with my weed and definitely with my tea, so by the transitive property I get it by beer.
Still don't get why people like beer, but I did think tea was just leafwater about a year ago so idk.

You sound like an upset little boy.

Not a having one beer kind of guy. Having eighteen beers however, that is a recipe for a chill evening

Having """one""" beer is a pretext to get drunk on enough beers to get you shitfaces.

*shitfaced
Sorry I had """one""" beer

I can't speak for everyone like you seem to think you can, but I've liked the taste of beer since I was 15 and not trying to fit in because there were plenty of pussfags who couldn't drink it w/o making a 2 yo face when they tasted a green pepper, so fuck off.

The rough and tumble men who carved a country out of a wilderness enjoyed beer from over 4800 microbreweries and if it was good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

I feel tipsy off one beer

>If I drink a beer, I can pretend I'm a tough guy like that handsome movie actor
You're not drinking beer because it's good, you're drinking it to project an image you want to impress people with.

It's a social thing, sharing beers with someone is a fun thing to do.

Also, one drink definitely loosens you up a little

Not really. Loser. Get some friends

Your mother would have had a happier life if she had shoved a sock in your mouth and left you in a dumpster as an infant.
I can't imagine the crushing disappointment she feels every time she looks at you.

If you're an alcoholic that first beer really takes the edge off and tastes good as fuck.

Mild alcohol withdrawal really just feels like being really thirsty, but alcohol is the only thing that can quench it.

Get some friends, virgin
All this autism because people drink beer like get a fuckin grip kid lmao

>R-r-ret-t-ard
>L-l-l-oser
>V-v-virg-g-gin
Seriously, you are mentally handicapped.

Christ go out and get some friends you fuckin loser lmao. I'm loving these replies

You're both cringy faggots shut the fuck up

Make me, crybaby faggot

I wish I could say I love your replies, but you just keep repeating the same juvenile garbage on every post because you're incapable of higher thought.
Go ahead, call me a virgin on more time before your Dad has to change your diaper and wipe your ass before sitting down and weeping about his worthless offspring.

You really typed all that. You must be mad as fuck. Anyway thanks for the laugh see ya bud!

Bye. You're literally worthless and nobody will ever love you.
Thanks for giving up like the retarded coward you always will be.

He right, you ARE a fuckin loser. look at how mad you get at some dickhead who's obviously trolling. Stop giving him yous retard

Thanks reddit, for your wonderful contribution to this board

Hanging out with a group of friends on the back porch drinking beers and smoking some cigarettes while listening to music. That's a lot of fun

OP wouldn't understand

I'm not mad, Mr. White Knight. I'm laugh my ass off at you people.
You are apparently quite upset though, since you have to come rushing to the defense of that poor enfeebled user.

Stop raging and Please Go.

Exactly. It's something he didn't experience in highschool/college so he acts superior when in reality he's jealous

And thank (You) for regurgitating another meme.

I think I'll stay and laugh at you instead.

OP is an asocial retard

Sounds like you are drinking the wrong beer

This, asking someone to get a beer is like asking someone to get coffee but for adults

But the thing is that good beer tastes good. The only fault with it is that it indeed is pretty expensive compared to water.

>what i was talking about was people who "can't wait to get off work and have a beer". is this a euphemism for drinking more than 1 beer?
Its quite possible more than one, more importantly in modern overly puritan protestant culture it is generally strongly frowned upon when one drinks a beer at work, so it also symbolizes the work day being over for many

sounds like you drink beer due to social peer pressure but ok

Its quite a bit more expensive, but its still super affordable for pretty much anyone with a job, even the good stuff. Especially if you indeed are only have one or two

Yeah, hence why the full sentence included the condition "...compared to water", which is something OP mentioned.

PLEASE HELP ME

I JUST HAD 6 IPAS. IS THIS SUPER SUPER UNHEALTY? DOES MY BRAIN/BODY NOT KNOW HOW TO PROCESS THIS AMOUNT OF UNHEALTHY ALCOHOL???

I know, I was just elaborating on your stance

Some people like the taste of alcoholic drinks. Even if you don't get buzzed there are still some effects.

t. constantly anxious city dweller who hasn't heard pure silence in 20 years and has to drive 2 hours to get away from people

>anyone who likes coffee, alcohol, or anything bitter is just trying to gain status
>i literally cannot fathom that people like things I don't like

>a single beer does not get a normal person any kind of buzz
Well call me abnormal, because one beer gets me a slight buzz and lets me relax a little more. Then again I only need to drink 4 or 5 to get stumbling drunk.

not sure if this is bait but I drink beer and hard cider with about half of my meals and I always eat by myself. Who am I trying to impress?

>tfw cant even get a buzz off 5-6 beers never mind 1
t.scotsman

I dunno, are Scottish beers kind of weak? I know in America our craft beers tend to be 5-6% alcohol by volume.