Jerkin' it

i'm going to turn this 3.5 kg hunk of gorgeous sirloin tip into delicious, nutritious beef jerky!

Other urls found in this thread:

cookingwithjack.com/recipe/teriyaki-lime-venison-jerky/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first we slice

that's all of it

i'm making two flavors
first, weeb flavor

now bourbon flavor

same steps
wa la

That looks like some fine ass beef

Good thread OP.

Why didn't you go with the typical top round/eye of round instead of sirloin?

Watching this thread. Excited for bourbon flavor

Mind if I watch you jerk it, bro?

who the fuck has a slicer like that at home? this board is such a waste of time.

>hurr people aren't allowed to show what they're cooking unless I can readily replicate it at home

go ahead and fuck off from the board forever then, tourist

I recently found a South African bloke running a biltong and wors shop. Fucking fantastic product and very affordable. I think the superior New Zealand meat has something to do with it.

I'd have one if I wasn't such a poorfag.

i like to change it up and the sirloin just had good colour and looked like it would be nice to work with

that's why i am posting

just use a knife ffs

anyway.. time to play the waiting game (pic related)
thread to be continued

If you have a smoker, try using it instead of liquid smoke. I smoked and dried this jerky in my smoker and it was a world of difference. Everyone who tasted it said it was the best they'd ever had.

*it looked like this when it finished.

I remember you. Did you ever post pics of it after it was finished?

Which tastes better, the round or sirloin?

Ever jerk any other cuts?

>Blantons
Nice

Yeah, here I got drunk and didn't post pics like I promised.

looks super black. does it taste like anything other than smoke?

I know someone with a smoker, I've only done jerky with a plain dehydrator and liquid smoke. How low of a temp would it need to be if I tried this? Less than 200f?

Thoughts on this recipe?
cookingwithjack.com/recipe/teriyaki-lime-venison-jerky/

lmfao you got me
fuck he's such a pleblord

Looks a bit dark, is it poor lighting or did you accidentally turn your beef into charcoal?

I smoked it at 160F for 2 hours.

As I said everyone who tried it was impressed, but if you're used to the injected, ground and compressed shit you buy at the gas station or grocery, it probably looks odd. Break your corporate chains, faggot.

Probably stole it from work after being fired. Lot of people do this especially if they were working grocery store deli

I hit post-game content in Odyssey a few hours ago. I really fucking love this game even if the general level layout still feels linear.

Htf did you end up in a beef jerky thread? I have the distinct feeling you're a loser at gaming.

i have a distinct feeling you're a loser at life

>nutritious jerky
okay bud, alert the Nobel comity.

are you retarded?

My aunt makes homemade venison jerky from her and my cousins deer kills. It's always a nice dark red color, not black as a chunk of charcoal. Quit being a faggot.

Your aunt's a wench and her jerky is garbage. Post her feet or stfu.

Nah it tastes fucking great, have fun with your carbon tasting meat turds.

i don't like nitrates

any updates, OP?

meat cant be nutritious retardboy

Are you retarded? There's a reason North Koreans are midgets compared to their cousins in the South,

>delicious, nutritious beef jerky

Of all the things you could do with that and you decide to make fucking jerky.

This is why other countries make fun of us

and it has nothing too do with meat are you stupid

its really not that pricey to get a slicer for home use. like maybe a hundred dollars at most and if that sounds like a lot to you im sorry for ur poverty but some people can afford things

rise and shine

i don't have a smoker and i don't care for liquid smoke
if i want a smokey flavor i sometimes use smoked anchos in the marinade or something like that that's a cool set up though, did you build it?

the quality of the meat is much more important than the cut imo, anything lean works fine, round and sirloin
i've done brisket but it's kind of a pain to work with because of the shape
i want to try tongue just to creep people out
beef jerky is the best though

jalapenos are gud with beef

7, 8 lay them straight

derpe derr
forgot picture

loaded in the dehydrator
bourbon on top, weeb on the bottom

set it and forget it

see you in 4.5 hours

looks gross desu

Nah, it's a masterbuilt electric, but I use a separate firebox for the smoke that I attached with a drier vent hose so I can cold smoke. For the jerky I cut some bamboo for the meat to hang from so I wouldn't have to hassle with cleaning the grates.

>inb4 poorfags get upset that you have a dehydrator

funny because if poorfags could plan a little bit and learn to prepare and preserve their own food maybe they would be less poorfag

4.5 hours later and it's looking pretty tasty and the house smells great

still a little too moist so it's back on for another hour and a bit

you can see the water droplets better in this picture

I want to lick your jerky.

>pilsner

alright here's the final product
tastes great
the weeb flavor needs a bit more ginger but other than that...

Looks better than the faggot that posted his blackened jerky.

what the hell are you even talking about?

Looks pretty dank. How come you don't cut against the grain?

I have one at home. Then again my family is not a bunch of poorfags. I have pretty much every kitchen utensil you could think of. Except maybe a sous vide and a vacuum sealing foodsaver.

Not him but I like chewy beef jerky that lasts a while. Sometimes I split the difference and cut 45 degrees

Just looked up slicers on Craigslist and they're between $100 and $800.

That's like what, half a bag of jerky?

kek.

Sophomore year of college, I worked a month at Kroger in the meat dept. Pay was only $3+/- after taxes and union dues. Bosses and coworkers bailed on my new ass every day - I ran ragged to restock the shelves and pretend the shrimp in the display was different than that in the freezer.

Some fat husband and wife asked me to cut their 5lb hamburger.
>duuuuuuuuuuurrrrr
I took it over to the slicer as opposed to the bandsaw and started trying to chop their patties b/c they were to fat to fuck with it.

Manager was not amused. Guess I have the final laugh thinking about his poor ass having to sanitize it.

Tongue is absolutely delicious desu. It's literally only a stigma in America.

t. Mexican, having made tongue tacos and tongue stir fry.

Good stuff

t. Headless beaner