[SG] -- SOYLENT GENERAL

Let's have our weekly soy general, Veeky Forums

Soy is a quick and efficient way to feed yourself. Just imagine spending hours trying to fix a meal for yourself -- those days are over friends!

So, foodcucks say what?

Been thinking of trying this shit since I'm too lazy to make food these days, does it actually taste good?

It tastes alright.

It's very lightly sweetened. It's like drinking pancake mix.

You guys are freaks.

banned in canada for not being actual food

>Just imagine spending hours trying to fix a meal for yourself
I can make a tasty meal in less than 20 minutes. Not sure what you're making that taking you hours.
Enjoy your boring tasteless food.

i think it was more because soylent markets itself as a 'meal replacement'. honeslty i tihnk its overkill, just ask them to remarket themselves, dont ban it alltogether

Really? Can you get like Boost or Ensure or nutrition shakes up there or was it just specifically Soylent that was banned?

Yeah you can get ensure and stuff here. Soylent is supposively trying to get it unbanned tho. I imagine being banned is a PR disaster.

... foodcucks?

I just make everything into a smoothie with supplements added in. You're a straight up food cock sucker.

bf drinks it sometimes. I can't stand it. Only whole foods (NOT THE SHITTY STORE) for me

>soy
>soy in plastic
Just fuck my hormones up.

My coworker drinks this shit. I tried it and it tastes like liquid cardboard. I started ashing my cig in it and he got pissed lmao.

I've tried the chocolate and vanilla. It's nothing to get excited about, but it's not terrible. Good for keeping careful track of calories

huel is much better

Any good huel recipes? I have it but the taste is rank.

I have intense anxiety but can't live alone because of the cost. As such I tend to eat just on my lunch break at work or use electric kettle in my room and make ramen and whatever else I can add hot water to. Would these be suitable for using as occasional meal replacements? How expensive are they? Do they need to be refrigerated? How long do they keep?

From the sip squad. I made you fellas a sip.

They banned this shit in Canada. Too much soy

>itt trannies

>not taking spirolactone and estradiol
cuck

i was interested in these years ago but the soy boy memes have put me off forever

should consider changing their brand name if they want to be taken seriously

Where can I get the best deals on soylent? Also, what is the best flavor? I know that none of them are probably good, but I want to at least have a decent flavor, so that when I chug it I won't feel like I'm drinking chalk.

Looks like in OP's pic ya got four choices...white chalk, black chalk, brown chalk and red chalk...there ya go, just pick yer fuckin poison...

I've sometimes made a cup of coffee alongside it. Then just mixed the Soylent (mixed with water) and the coffee in a bigger glass.

I had huel for a while. Couldn't stand the vanilla version as the flavour was overpoweringly strong and made me retch and the unflavoured version was just tasteless sludge. So I just mixed them together 50/50 for a while but that got boring so I bought their flavour packets which basically turned them into milkshakes (pretty damn good) but I stopped buying because I didn't want to encourage their jew practice of forcing their customers to pay extra for flavour. Also I strongly suggest using mouthwash and brushing your teeth after having any soylent because it's just like protein shakes in that they make your breath smell rank afterwards.
For what it's worth, my local GP said my bloodtests were amazing right up until I told him I was on soylent, then he did a 180 and told me it's bad for me and that I was going to die if I stayed on them.
I was originally going to start buying my local made soylent brand once I finished off my huel but they went bankrupt just as I was about to buy some and now my only economical option is that crappy joy shit from the netherlands but most of it's carbs are from maltodextrin and I don't want to risk that as my family has a history of diabetes.
Considering just buying a more expensive but healthier option with complex carbs making up the majority of the calories as I only have soylent once a day in the mornings for convenience reasons and a small amount should be enough to last me ages anyway.

>drinking pancake mix lul

You fucks realize enriched cereal exists and is cheap as hell, right?

Not even comparable in terms of nutrition.

Coffee is my favorite if drinking them plain.
Vanilla and chocolate mixed with freeze dried coffee is great.
Nectar is horrible. Its like drinking pinesol

Enjoy your manboobs and mood swings

How much is it for one soylent? Is this expensive?

Literally this

50 bucks a pop

>low glycemic
>liquid

fucking top kek

Is excess soy consumption the reason nips are such manlets!

>having a defined gender
KEK

no, that's from lack of nutrition and having a diet that's 90% rice

the small penis is from excess soy

I love all the soy memes here, they use soy protein isolate which is not a xenoestrogen.

>implying gender will exist in 2 years

>supposively

>not being a virile source of male hormones so potent it makes the soy gay

My friend let me try a sip of that. It tasted like cheerio milk boiled in oatmeal mixed with raw beans and semen. It was bad.

I might try the coffee one if handed to me for free.

>canucks literally eat maple syrup in snow
>won't touch this garbage

enjoy your bitch tits

bought a case of chai about a month ago
it makes for a really good breakfast for when I'm late for work and don't have time for anything else
it's for more healthy than my previous alternative of a poptart or buying something fastfood along the way

the real advantage is having them sitting in my fridge as an emergency backup that won't go bad

soylent was banned because it's a "meal replacement" that only provides 400cal, so you would have to drink 5 of them a day which falls below what the canadian government call a regular meal

>it tasted like semen
>it was bad
>i might try it again

Don't do it, I fell for the soy meme. It spikes your blood sugar through the roof. In an hour you will feel insane hunger. It is very expensive too, I'm pretty sure a Lunchable has better nutritional value

just try protein shakes and it has all essential nutrients for decent powder and shove anything with it in a blender and BAM flavortown.

>spironolactone
enjoy your hyperkalemia

SOYLENT IS PEOPLE

Don't fzcking drink this poison made by a madman

This. The guy is insane.
Instead of washing his clothes he just buys new ones because it supposedly saves water.
He doesn't have knives or heating elements in his kitchen because they are violent or something.
He destroyed his gut flora on purpose so he could complete some "use only 4 liters of water a day" challenge. I don't know how that helped.
He created soylent via trial and error, testing that shit on himself. Several times he got into a really bad state and was probably close to death. He has zero background in nutrition.
The shit is made in a crummy warehouse using Chinese produced powders from who knows where.
If you willingly ingest this stuff you are an idiot.

tried huel which is similar but with oats and pea protein being the primary ingredients.

vanilla flavor is pretty good. texture is pretty good, and because oats thicken up like crazy you need to dilute to pretty high volumes which actually left me feeling full.

still haven't ordered more though because as much as i like the idea i like eating actual food too much

H-hey maple taf... n-never mind... I'll go back to the igloo

Soylent green is people

Goddamnit Christian, stop shilling your soylent.

Thinking of just replacing my breakfast and maybe a few lunches a week with this. I'll still have normal dinners.

Tell me why I shouldn't.

It might be if Canada actually mattered

>people still believe this

>becoming a soyboy
I shiggy

>he enjoys completely neglecting the sensation of eating

sometimes i find it off the fucking wall that i exist in this time period

>GENERAL

owie

the dude who created it is an actual crazy person that people listen to because he knows about computers or some shit

Tits or GTFO

Where’s the green flavor?

I mean people listened to Jenny McCarty about vaccines and autism and she's basically just a prostitute, so..

Since Soylent is, by virtue of its mission statement, not cooking, and nor can it be considered food, I propose these threads be banned

Yeah. But thanks to the wonderful liberal world of moral relativism he gets to insinuate that everyone else is crazy, which you can see in some interviews he does

Did that make them right to listen to her? No

I don't get this meme
the ingredients to diy it are known, it's a silicon valley product meaning there's probably an insane profit margin, and the required effort is just ordering bulk powders and mixing them. hell, if you had interested friends you wouldn't even have to commit to eating it for monhs
the bottled shakes make even less sense, because the whole novelty of "cheap packaged meals as a mix" or whatever is gone and better tuned shakes already exist

It's also a quick and efficient way to turn you into a little bitch.

E S T R O G E N

Sceak?

I've never posted with a trip.

the coffee ones are great for getting yourself up in the morning for class/work.
>set alarm tad early
>alarm goes off
>immediately guzzle coffiest
>sit comfy and warm until the caffeine kicks in
>take ungodly shit as it cleans your bowels out immediately

Lol is that Cosmo

Fuck why does coffee do this? For all my life I was fine with coffee and then one day and all days onward it makes me take the biggest fucking shit within 2 hours of consuming it.

Idk but thats why i get up earlier is to allow for that time

I bought about two months supply of aussielent. Can't drink I by itself but with a banana and about 1:1.5 powder:water its pretty good

I tried aussielent too, the vanilla was OK but the chocolate was great imo, everyone else that tried it complained the flavour was too weak but I personally liked how it had just a hint of chocolate and was pretty much water otherwise.

then how did they get away with it in burgerland where the average calorie intake per day is over 9000?

It tastes like licking chocolate off of a movie theater floor.

Coffee gives me a 30 min after diarrhea every fucking time. When I was younger it didn't
It's a shame because I actually like the taste of black coffee.

I really wish I could just take 1 "meal pill" a day and be done with nutrition. Food is so fucking overrated and inconvenient

Fuck off and die uncultured scum

>Veeky Forums - Cooking and Food

Isn't Soylent basically just a protein drink?

>efficient
>costs more resources than other options which require as little effort

What did he mean by this ?

It's "Narcissa" now you dead naming shitlord.

More like protein shake + gainer shake + multivitamin.

like 35$ for 12, or half that if you abuse their referral system

At 2.50 a meal, thats completely nutritionally rounded, I say its a good price.

Its because 45% of soylents nutritional source comes from various fats, and canada is still scared of fats.

>Things that aren't food are banned in Canada

How do you guys browse the internet? Are people considered food there legally?

There is 0 proof that soy affects estrogen or test levels.

Being a still maturing male
>drinking soy
>drinking soy in plastic containers

>$12.50 for 2000 calories

oh wow what a deal so ez pz now i have more time to jerk my cock

More like /soyboy/ general, lol.

wtf are you talking about I'm absorbing calories through the internet right now you retard