Why are A&W onion rings so good?

Why are A&W onion rings so good?

Couldn't tell you. I've never had them.

I can't remember what they're like, it's been over 10 years since I've been there. Applebee's, despite what the haters say about their food in general, has some god damn good onion rings. They might be the best item on their menu.

If you actually believe that I feel sorry for you.

Their salty, sweet, and fatty. Everything the human brain needs to have a foodgasm.

They are ok, the breading is really separated the onions like to fall out, I could go for a grandpa burger with extra cheese right now.

Is it true that American A&Ws are significantly different from ours?

IHOP has some of the best onion rings i've had at a chain restaurant

I remember when I was in college, I had to drive across the state to go home for holidays and such. The town that was the mid-point of the drive had an old school A&W where you sat yourself at a table and ordered from a phone. It was one of the last ones in the country.

They aren’t frozen from a bag.
The onions are hand-cut and breaded in store.

Ours?

even better than the onion rings

Fuk dat shit cuh

deep fried cheese curds?

Maybe if A&W made some more restaurants people would actually eat there. Never seen one in my life.

yuuuuuuuuup

They load them with sugar

They good, but there's no reason to get them when A&W's offers some of the best sweet potato fries you can get

Man, I just couldn't get into them when I visited Canada last. I think the ones I had were really salty and the coating on them was really bready/crumbly.
Couldn't get into them. Glad you like them though OP.
Fucking burgers from there are top notch though. Also root beer. Best drank ever (non alcoholic).

We've got a couple in my town. They're not bad for fast food. I'd put them on par with a well-run Wendy's for price & quality. Root beer floats instead of frostys, and not as many LTOs, but nor bad.

It's one of the few foods that have a solid crunch that's immediately followed up with a savory sweet flavor.
It's honestly just a timing thing. When their fresh their a solid 10/10, but if they've been sitting for a while on a hot tray their basically dog food.

>what makes this so good?
literally msg

canadian A&W is god-tier.
they have no ties to the american A&W anymore, which I find to be absolutely awful the few times I had it in the US.

literally the worst most expensive onion rings on the market

pitiful and infuriating everytime I forget about this and buy some