Is this the logical conclusion for American literature?

Is this the logical conclusion for American literature?

By what logic? De-evolution?

Hey, I just started reading this today.
These references are nuts. Who the fuck knows what the Mischianza is anymore?

Also: is the main character really supposed to be the soda name?

nigger thinks reverend cherry coke is the main character. you ain't gonna make it son.

probably meant narrator and slipped, be nice

Against the Day vs. M&D? I'm debating which one to start first.

mason and dixon no questions asked my man

Judging from hearsay: M&D's difficulty lies in the language - AtD's is from its large cast and page #'s. Any other considerations to make besides these?

M&D's difficulty lies in the fact that all the concrete nouns seem capitalized. As I read rather quickly, and even expect it in German, it threw me weirdly out of rhythm for the first hour or so.
This becomes somewhat relaxed as the novel progresses. It isn't at all difficult. A cakewalk, really.

I found mason and Dixon to be more fun. so maybe that might effect your decision. the prose is top shit too lad.

*affect ... you irredeemable pleb

Every second or so sentence is so cleverly made that I can't but smirk in wonder looking at its humour, or it's just me not being used to such way of conveying thoughts. Couldn't quite get over it for the whole book.

yes

>not being used to all that from frequently reading early modern texts with original typography
Thou, firrah, art an heathenifh fwine.

*heathenifh suuine

>son thomas pynchon & mason & dixon xon

What did he mean by this?

*heathenifh fuuine

They meant 『R I G H T V E R S I O N』

Nigger thinks its 'cherry coke' when its actually 'cherrycoke'.. WEW LAD

(you)

No, but his Civil War book will be

please be real

His style is an imitation of James Joyce's Ulysses. So yes.

Elaborate.

it is not. Is Ulysses the only point of reference you people have for something well-written in an elaborate way? Is every Book written in the English language to be called an Imitation of It? Another one said the same of Alan Moore's Jerusalem, for fuck's sake.
The way Pynchon writes in Mason & Dixon is a synthetic pastiche of 18th-19th century texts illuminated by his own style, which you can most easily identify in comparison with Gravity's Rainbow. Sure, Joyce's influence belongs in there, and that is an empty statement.

I got bored and stopped reading it when I tried to read it for the second time, and I remembered really liking it. It veers between lolsorandumb and overly sentimental

the capitalization is not consistent

Historically it wasn't always consistent during the Georgian era either