If Kantbot is actually the retard who screamed about German Idealism in New York, he can't be a good writer. I mean...

If Kantbot is actually the retard who screamed about German Idealism in New York, he can't be a good writer. I mean, I don't care, I will never read a single word from such a cringe pathetic childish retard.

Stop shilling this stupid shit. Nobody is interesting in that self-wankery. Kantbot and co are major pseuds and every time I read some of that shit my eyes bleed

>t. Brainlet.

go to bed, Kantbot. Your narcissism does not work here

Samefags

>5 replies
>4 posters

Trite, played out, and reactionary in the dullest possible way.

Short answer:

He's somewhat read in Enlightenment era literature, but nothing he's reviewed sounds that interesting. Now, his presence on twitter is one of the most influential to have come from Veeky Forums, but then again it's Veeky Forums. He has nothing important to say.

Long answer:

Kantbot is a failed academic who attempts to cut his losses by pandering to dull and impressionable minds on the marginal backwaters of social media. He is mediocre in himself, and has not a single noteworthy vocal follower among those ten thousand twitheads.

A thorough read of his blog essays demonstrates that he bloviates, stumbles, meanders, and has nothing interesting to say about two of his primary topics: German intellectual culture (which he uses to add false dignity which he himself lacks), and SJW ideology.

Regarding his thoughts on German literature, it's clear he has a repressed desire to be a leader of men, to start his own Jena University, and attract landmark intellectuals, such as a Schiller of our own time. But anyone who would willingly allow themselves to be blindly led on by this clumsy, fubsy idiot, is walking into a death trap. Kantbot offers no substantial plan of action to improve on the plight of modern academic decay, and it's dubious if could act on it even if he did, which makes him yet another impotent reactionary. His situation can be embroidered with a line of Pessoa's, "I have secretly created philosophies no Kant has ever written", which is a puerile, naive sentiment, apparent from Pessoa's inability to set anything in his life in order, and an insult to Kant's profound intellectual legacy. Just as Kantbot's choice of namesake is.

As for his comments on SJWs, Kantbot misses the point in that he is among their good company. He's just not good. At all. Goethe and Schiller would have looked down on him. He fits his own description of the Nietzschean Last Man: "Nothing disgusted Goethe more than these, he had always had an aversion to both that was so well known in fact it strongly played into his suspicion that this was some kind of jest designed solely to get a reaction out of him." (“Nerdy Pursuits Through History” by Kantbot 2000). He will never accomplish his insipid delusions, of drawing great intellectuals to his flabby orbit, or even being one himself.

If you watch other videos of him in a conversational situation, you'll realize how slow he is in remembering details of intellectual topics, and the paucity of his intellectual horizons. He did not deserve to name drop German philosophers in his most well known video. He's not brilliant, and drags down Kant's name.

Maybe he doesn't deserve to be shitposted at like this, but there are enough Pynchon anons (the worse kind), and remnants of DFW fanboys, that I feel that I have to push against the wave.

you've already posted this and its not a great critique even though i literally dont care about kantbot

and fuck you for insulting pynchon

Let's just say he saves his talent for writing and his genius for twitter.

Interesting take, but to be fair most people cant lay out in great detail their thoughts on philosophical ideas in speech. Its a natural ability that comes naturally to many. You can spend hours structuring a paragraph for a piece you're writing but its much more difficult when you need to convey that idea in a verbal setting.

I see Kantbot, lit/irony/frog Twitter and the other reactionary communities under the same umbrella to be a sort of reaction against post-modernism. You say people like Kantbot are puerile, naive, etc, but they're probably at the forefront of the next stage in the arts/literary culture - that is, if the community grows large enough to have any influence and someone produces something of quality.

I just really don't understand the obsession with SJWs. They're an easy target and a straw-man. You don't justify and theorize "Aesthetic Beauty" from the position that SJWs don't understand it. It's like trying to explain Capital by saying that seagulls don't understand it.

This is what bothers me the most about Kantbot, including this article and the Jacobite article on Chapo Traphouse. It's purely reactive and isn't building a foundation for anything interesting.

The article posted in OP was 3.5 years old. I forgot to post the archive link, but I thought the piece was quite funny anyways..

>You can spend hours structuring a paragraph for a piece you're writing but its much more difficult when you need to convey that idea in a verbal setting.
No, not really. Goethe and Schoppy did exactly this at his age. Maybe Hegel couldn't, but both thought Hegel was a pseud. Actually you know what? I'm seeing a pattern.

>Its a natural ability
Natural inability, in fact.

>if the community grows large enough to have any influence and someone produces something of quality.
Such people tend to grow from the middle ground of academia, sometimes the fringes, and doubtfully and never profoundly from the hinterlands.

>Let's just say he saves his talent for writing and his genius for twitter.
His Twitter is heinously unfunny. It's literally rebbit-tier. If he's read the swathes of enlightenment literature he's famous for, it does not show in the slightest.

youre not convincing anyone, buddy

then neither are you

>Criticise Kantbot for writing puerile, vapid nonsense.
>Do the same thing.

i've read his post the last time it was posted, and i have to say, it's spot on.

He needs an editor, but he's better than David Foster Wallace, at least.

> His Twitter is heinously unfunny. It's literally rebbit-tier

you just seem mad as fuck because he's alt-right therefore cannot ever be funny

He really isn't. DFW was overall mediocre, but he had some worthy, if not entirely profound, observations on melancholy and suicide.

Oh those alt-right yokels are plenty funny!

wtf i hate kantbot now

>the author is a bad person therefore he can't write good things

You must have a very hard time picking up what to read in bookshops and libraries.

Does that really matter?

I was replying to his "his twitter is not funny not once not ever!" comment. I don't give a shit about his essays.

To say he's not funny on twitter feels really forced. I get that people don't like the alt-right but admit he can be funny.

since you were wrong yes it does

he can be but rarely is

Quit spamming this. It comes across as pretentious and mediocre. I can't believe you are proud enough to save this critique and keep regurgitating it.

>denounce beauty

The dude has a hideous Pepe avatar. Does Kantbot claim to live in congruence with what is beautiful? If he is the dude from New York, I remember him looking like your average extremely online, unhealthy, disheveled millennial.

huge pseud

Well, you were, too-DFW never had a good insight in his life.

>The mind, transcendentally, is composed of two antagonistic and mutually exclusive impulses, which each depends upon the other while at the same time seeking to determine it as its own product. The first of the these is the sensuous impulse, which strives for matter, the second, the rational impulse, which strives for form. The one is apprehending, the other comprehending. The former is receptive, passive, and feminine, the latter, active and masculine.

Real bad

>t. kantbot fanboy

ill be done when kantbot is

not him but youre the one here who seems to have given him the most attention, basically reading all his essays and spending so much time thinking and writing a refutation

every else just thinks hes a funny troll or doesnt think about him at all

whats your point ese

see
the fact that there's a community of pseuds to support pseuds like kantbot really calls for autistic shitposting like this against him. retards like OP apparently worship him even though he's shit.

>dedicating such a long post to a fucking retarded real-life shitposter
People who feed these shitty myths should be executed imo. Oh, did I say "myths"? Sorry, I meant memes.

>no new posters in the last 8 posts

hi kantbot, nice damage control.

He's a terrible writer, as nearly all the writers associated with Jacobite and Thermidor. To be fair, none of these people are professional journalists (though Land was a professional philosopher, not sure what his excuse is). They all seem rather young. Kantbot's tweets are better. I appreciate that he's trying to a bring a more intellectual approach to the right. There's some potential, since however you may feel about the quality of frogtwitter, it's at least something different.