Origins of Teas

So black tea comes from China and India,.. That's pretty much their staple tea. But what is Ireland, Germany and Britains staple tea? Please help, I'm just trying to drink some tea that's native to my ancestors.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tea_in_India
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Herbal teas, like stinging nettle or berry teas

>Ireland, Germany and Britains
Tea doesn't grow in any of those countries due to the climate, all the tea is imported. Irish and English breakfast teas are just blends of different black teas that are grown elsewhere.

infusions not teas, try not to confound those with low IQ's... there is only one tea.

In Europe, tea is derived from the tea pee of native tea growers.

Wasn't tea introduced to India by the English? who created the industry there so they wouldn't have to rely on China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tea_in_India

My heart is kind of broken now...... Because I was actually drinking some dandelion tea- and I was actually trying to test everyone here..... I know of some teas such as pine needle and elderberry tea, which are native to European lands. Also a fun fact: pine needles contain way more vitamin c than lemons do, so if you're around needle trees and don't have or don't want to use lemons anymore, then you can use the pine needles. You need specific pine needles though.

I'm British and I personally drink Yorkshire Gold tea (A blend of Assam, Sri Lankan, and Kenyan tea) served with milk, it's renowned as the best breakfast tea. Twinings is probably good for anything else such as Earl Grey esc.

Alaskafag here.
Spruce tip tea is best tea.

Yeah but the thing is they come from different cunts..... And alaskafag I'm soon to be trying that spruce tip tea :) I'm not far from the pine barrens so I can just get some from there

>But what is Ireland, Germany and Britains staple tea?

Beer.

Britain and Germany gets their tea from bags growing on the Lipton tree.

Twinings ranges from bad to terrible quality, I didn't even realize this until I started spending equivalent money on other brands. Half of their loose leaf is literally the fanning they put in teabags and the other half is slightly better but still barely drinkable

Don't fall for the Twinings meme

Ha.>Twinings ranges from bad to terrible quality, I didn't even realize this until I started spending equivalent money on other brands. Half of their loose leaf is literally the fanning they put in teabags and the other half is slightly better but still barely drinkable

Don't fall for the Twinings meme
this is true.

What would you say is a good loose Earl Grey that isn't overpriced for a flavored tea?

Spruce tips are out of season, dude.
They won't come around again till spring or early summer.
I mean you can make tea out of the hardened spruce needles, but it'll taste like shit. You need to get them when they're soft and bright green, early in the season.

your cute. the native tea of europe would be various herbal tisanes, like chamomile, or mint, or whatever. the tea plant is native to india. dont stop drinking tea, just try some neat herbal tisanes, and see if any give you a race memory. you never know. you might see faeries. seriously, you might.

Most people don't know this, but the British started to produce tea in India after their coffee plantations failed due to a plant virus. So tea is not really Indian. Only exception is Assam, but that's a wild form which probably was cultivated in ancient times and then forgotten. Tea is exclusively Chinese.

>Statistical cluster analysis, chromosome number, easy hybridization, and various types of intermediate hybrids and spontaneous polyploids indicate that likely a single place of origin exists for Camellia sinensis, an area including the northern part of Burma, and Yunnan and Sichuan provinces of China

Protip: Burma isn't China.

they said Burma, and Chinese provinces you dolt

You said exclusively Chinese you baboon

Black Tea with milk and sugar.

Protip: when a Veeky Forums post says that a tea is native to India and then follows it up with "tea is exclusively chinese", it's safe to assume that the post isn't presenting itself as being 100% factually literal, but rather a slight generality.

I know your autism makes inference difficult, so feel free to ask before making a post.

The only safe assumption is that the poster is retarded, which you are proving quite handily.