Thoughts on graham crackers?

thoughts on graham crackers?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/09/13/the-graham-cracker-was-invented-to-stop-you-from-masturbating/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dry

They're ok I guess.

They're good.

why

Mislabeled pie crust base

decent desert ingredient

wouldn't just snack on them

low moisture content

I like to let them dissolve in my mouth rather than chewing them.
Unless I'm eating smores.

they have a rough mouth-feel but if you let the cinnamon and bread flavors marry in your mouth it becomes a unique experience and contains a slight earthy taste

like to use them to eat chocolate cake frosting. i call doing it the johnaroo (like dunkaroo but named after its inventor, myself)

They may be called Graham crackers but don't let that name fool you.

I like it as an ingredient but there are better things to eat if you are just looking for plain crackers/cookies.
I would never say no to some Teddy Grahams though.

>no high fructose corn syrup
>probably sweetened with aspartame or some shit
why is food so depressing

chocolate covered graham crackers are amazing with milk despite the milk simply sitting on the ridges of the chocolate and not soaking in

fucking kek

they turn to mush in milk and especially in hot drinks. theyre fun to crush and sprinkle on stuff though.

I've been using the broiler setting on the oven to make s'mores and experimenting with different fun sized candy bars instead of plain Hershey's chocolate. Milky Way and peanut butter cups work well. I'd like to try Rolos next.

The broiler setting gives the marshmallow a nice golden toast. There is more control compared to toasting over an open fire on a stick and immensely better than using the microwave.

i should try that sometime.

there's nothing quite like burning your marshamllow in the open fire and then peeling off the blackened skin to reveal the perfectly creamy gushy inside though

I like them for smores and pie crusts but eating them on their own is inferior to shortbread

extremely bad for teeth. do not eat.

Great for my nofap

I would dunk these in milk and eat them, as a kid. Always trying to find that perfect timing to make the graham moist but still firm. It would either end up too soggy or still too crisp. And forget breaking them in a perfect half! (Sigh) Those were the days when I thought good things could still come.

Makes me not have to urge to jerk off anymore.

uuhhh wait is this true?

Who created them? Was their name actually Graham?

That is how impatient children roast marshmallows. The best marshmallows are toasted slowly on the outside of the fire until golden brown with minimal charring

That's the reason graham crackers were invented

You're thinking Kellogg's cereals and circumcision.
Graham crackers weren't anti-masturbatory so much as intentionally bland as part of an overall bland vegetarian lifestyle, which discouraged stimulation of any kind including masturbation.

nypost.com/2016/09/13/the-graham-cracker-was-invented-to-stop-you-from-masturbating/

I ain't clickin' that clickbait bullshit, nigga
>Grahamites, as Graham's followers were called, accepted the teaching of their mentor with regard to all aspects of lifestyle.[8] As such, they practiced abstinence from alcohol, frequent bathing, daily brushing of teeth, vegetarianism, and a generally sparse lifestyle. Graham also was an advocate of sexual abstinence, especially from masturbation, which he regarded as an evil that inevitably led to insanity. He felt that all excitement was unhealthful, and spices were among the prohibited ingredients in his diet. As a result, his dietary recommendations were inevitably bland, which led to the Grahamites consuming large quantities of graham crackers, a concept inspired by Graham's teachings.

Great with peanut butter. Tastes just like a Nutter Butter.

>The graham cracker was inspired by the preaching of Sylvester Graham, who was a part of and strongly influenced by the 19th century temperance movement; Graham believed that a vegetarian diet anchored by home-made whole grain bread, made from wheat coarsely ground at home, as part of a lifestyle that involved minimizing pleasure and stimulation of all kinds, was how God intended people to live and that following this natural law would keep people healthy. His preaching was taken up widely in the US in the midst of the 1829–51 cholera pandemic[1]:15–27[2]:29–35 [3][4] His followers, Grahamites, formed one of the first vegetarian movements in the US, and graham flour, graham crackers, and graham bread were created for them and marketed to them; Graham did not invent these products nor profit from them.[1]:29[3]

Mi-Del makes a real graham cracker. 100% coarsly ground whole wheat flour, just enough sweetener to make it palatable. thats what graham flour was. fuck all the rest no matter how they taste..

The next time you go camping, bring some Japanese sweet potatoes. Wrap in foil, leave on coals for an hour and wa-la! It's so sugary it caramelizes a bit.

Delicious.

>want to make vegan cheesecake
>with graham cracker crust
>store crackers aren't good
>need to make graham crackers
>and then dry them in the oven for at least a day
>cheesecake takes multiple days

graham is a cunt