Ice cream thread! What's your favourite ice cream flavours? Also what are some unorthodox flavours? Pic mostly related

Ice cream thread! What's your favourite ice cream flavours? Also what are some unorthodox flavours? Pic mostly related.

Other urls found in this thread:

tillamook.com/where-to-buy.html?product=premium_ice_cream
steamykitchen.com/20-matcha-white-chocolate-ice-cream.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like Ben & Jerry's Half Baked and I eat the whole thing in one sitting like a fat fuck

I've been eating halo top. Favorites I found are cookie dough, caramel macchiato, cinnamon roll. I usually break up a brownie or some dark chocolate and eat it with the ice cream so it's chunky

none better

Why is American icecream so bad?

I'm more of a flavor explorer and rarely eat the same flavor more than once.
Latest flavor I had was BlueBell Christmas cookies. Tastes like a Christmas cookie was very good.

I like banana, dark chocolate, and peanut butter bases but what really does it for me are mix-ins and swirls.

Not enough calories to pull off good cream cheese flavor.

Pic is a classic Graeter's fucking chocolate iceberg.

straight up the haagen dazs booze flavors are my fave right now

i've got a pint of white russian and a pint of rum ginger cookie in my freezer now and they're bomb

>Graeter's
My nigga

i don't eat it and neither should you.

Where is the grape ice cream?

I normally don't buy Talenti but this flavor is legit. The rest are hit or miss for me.

Every weekend I eat a 1.75QT by myself

Anybody else?

This is the only icecream I've ever loved, do they not sell this anymore? it's been years since I've tasted it.

So simple but so good. Chocolate icecream has been going down the tier list for me.

>All this garbage taste
Rocky Road is the best ice cream flavor, fight me.

does anyone have good taste in here other than me

kill yourself my man

I've tried a few pumpkins this year so far. My personal list would be.
>H-E-B Creamy Creations Pumpkin
>B&J Pumpkin Cheesecake
>Fat Boy Pumpkin Sandwiches
>Talenti Pumpkin Pie
>Kroger Deluxe Pumpkin Pie
>Halo Top Pumpkin Pie
>Private Selections(Kroger) NY Pumpkin Cheesecake
>Edy's Pumpkin Pie
>Edy's Pumpkin Spice Latte

Actual marshmallows are a gross slimy mix-in and Marshmallow swirls are better. Try BlueBell Rocky Mountain Road

Was fantastic and a flavor I bought more than once but is only available in LA currently.

been making 2 ingredient ice cream lately. Good shit

either going to try making grape ice cream next or blueberry. Maybe spiced chai even. Been wanting to try cherry blossom but it's an expensive and hard to find flavor

I'm missing their Banana Pudding icecream, I can't find it anymore, only banana split or whatever the fuck it is.

Split was pretty good.
Banana Pudding is a year around flavor and you should be able to find it though.

If you can't find it in your area for some reason try Great Value(Walmart) Banana Puddin'. It's about equal with slightly less mix-ins.
Blue Bunny makes Walmart ice creams.

*gets in your way*

Hard to beat this.

my man once you try the vanilla with chocolate covered almonds u wont go back

>live in louisiana
>have 2 of these in my kitchen freezer and another 2 in the garage freezer
feels good to be a redneck

It is great

Orgasmic

I love Blue Bell's french vanilla.
I've moved from Texas and Blue Bell is not sold in my new state.
What's a good replacement?
Many other vanilla ice creams taste bland or gross to me.

Lots of regional brands, where do you live now?

Boozy ice cream is GOAT

Utah

Out of luck. Utah is gay

I make my own and my current favorite is pecan pie.

Honestly I thought Halo Top would be a meme but it's pretty good ice cream for the low calorie claim.

at my aunt's wedding they served rose flavored ice cream, it was really nice.

"Frozen dessert" is not ice cream

I know how Halo gets away with such a small amount of calories. Everytime I eat it I get the shits and lose a bunch of mass.

Looking around it seems you can get Tillamook which is pretty good. I'd put their base slightly above BlueBell even but they tend to be a bit lighter on mix-ins. Their special batch stuff is tasty if you can find it as well.
If you like malt try Malted Moo Shake as well.

tillamook.com/where-to-buy.html?product=premium_ice_cream

Is that a turd?

IMO an ice-cream has to have some chunks of crunchy or chewy shit in it, otherwise a bland texture, that brings the whole product down, amerifats do it right. You can have it pure if it's sorbet. In my country ice-cream is mostly shit.

It's just a chunk of chocolate.
It's good chocolate too not that Bakers tier bullshit B&J puts in most of their flavors. Nothing ruins a B&J flavor for me fast than their "Fudge Flakes".

So they calculated the calories burned by super shits? Incredible.

Hi Eric. Did you take the wind chimes down?

I haven't bought ice cream in years but I ate about 10 half gallons of this stuff this summer. Blue is my favorite flavor.

Ha. I'm actually subscribed to his youtube because my opinions overlap with his quite a bit but I'm way more forgiving of value branded ice creams.

I bought a pint at my (american) university for 7 fucking dollars. I'm skelly so I was pissed when I found out how few calories there were

I love Halo Top so much but as a Canadafag I can only ever buy it when I occasionally drive across the border. I wish they would start to sell it up here.

My favourites are Lemon Cake, Sea Salt Caramel, Peanut Butter Cup, and Birthday Cake. But there's still so many I haven't found or tried yet. I REALLY want to get my hands on Pancakes & Waffles, Cinnamon Bun, Red Velvet....

Cinnamon Bun was pretty good but pancakes and waffles is terrible.
I think Pumpkin is probably the best new flavor followed by candy bar and cinnamon buns.

Did you close your eyes when you were selecting it? The calorie count is the most prominent feature of the packaging.

crying about being skinny is a shit meme

>Like 800 kcal for the entire bucket
>Doesn't taste like diabetes
The only ice cream better than B&J's froyo is from a legit parlor.

How about some store brand flavors that aren't shit? This one has a great swirl.

whats the best halo top guys?

I was gonna go with vanilla to be safe

I love it when "Cam" does the reviews with Eric. Cam is awesome.

Try these if you live near an H-E-B.
They are just as good as many other super premium ice creams out there.

Friendly reminder that ice cream is for cu/ck/s.

Roasted garlic. It actually tastes good.

>bourbon and corn flakes
It sounds like a meme, but you'd be surprised.

Gonna make this: steamykitchen.com/20-matcha-white-chocolate-ice-cream.html

their peanutbutter+pretzel is god tier

There's also a corn flavor.

>MOST POWERFUL RACE IN THE WORLD

>vanilla
>best flavor
>240 calories per pint
BEST GIRL

Kroger brand light ice cream was bogo today and I had digital coupon so I thought I'd try them all today.

The ice cream is super hard. Mandatory to microwave, or allowed to temper 15+ min.

We have this local ice cream place that has a chocolate hazelnut... stuff is the best

>store bought icecream

All shit to be honest.

how is it compared to Halo Top?

Being the Finncuck I am I love Ingman and Pingu ice creams. The passion fruit and cactus cones are great. I've never tried Häagen-Dazs because of how expensive it is.

If it was bogo again might get 2 caramel. Any other time pay the extra $1 for the Halo Top. Taste is comparable I would say but the texture of Halo Top is way better.
Low Cow is legitimately inedible until half melted because it's so hard.

I fucking hate birthday cake flavored ice cream.

Quick question. Would you buy an icecream that was just a plain heavy cream icecream? No added sugar, flavouring, etc. A blank canvas for you to add whatever flavour you wanted.

Would you buy that?

Yes I would.
And so would the vast majority of scoop shops and manufacturers of frozen dairy products both big and small.

Tempering eggs and making custards and shit is rare outside of homemade ice cream.
Most businesses buy bags or even entire tanker trucks full of ready to freeze ice cream mix from a dairy.

No, the texture would be terrible.

So you are saying that a Haggen Dazs Vanilla Icecream minus the Vanilla and the sugar would have a terrible texture?

This is my drug

There is egg in that too, and yes. Remove sugar, egg, guar gum, xanthan gum and whatever else is in it to improve texture and the texture is terrible.

It was in a top doored freezer so unless the calories were on the lid then it wasn't my fault. I expect all pints to be at least 500 calories god damnit

>using guar gum
>using xanthan gum

Pic related is Haagen Dazs Vanilla and the texture is perfect.

That one is fucking disgusting.

this guy's right, they are light on the mix ins, but their base is milk eggs and sugar like real good ice cream should be
go to a winco, they have a bunch of flavors

The second sentence was in reference to ice cream in general, not that ice cream in particular.

remove the sugar and/or the egg yolk and it is going to freeze into a solid brick that a spoon cannot cut into

then just remove the vanilla

How can any other Blue Bell flavor compete?

I've never gotten chocolate ice cream. Tastes like cocoa powder. Why not just eat real chocolate?