Oi, Veeky Forums opinion of biology. Including its other subjects like genetics microbiology and so on

Oi, Veeky Forums opinion of biology. Including its other subjects like genetics microbiology and so on...

Attached: 1519341542282.jpg (735x671, 87K)

Interesting but not as important as physics.
Is good in the practical sense in the way that it sustains humans lives whereas physics tends to by hypothetical but answers much bigger questions.
t. faggot studying biochemistry and then haematology.

biology's pretty cool but Veeky Forums physics elitists hate it

right under computer science

and computer science is OK tier

Biology is, to me, scientific entertainment. It isn't as complex (takes time to grasp) and powerful as math and physics.

Attached: German Biology.jpg (621x1000, 278K)

>biology not important
>denying the STUDY OF LIFE
I study physics and you should kys

You're right that it's not as powerful as physics and math, but maybe that fact indicates insufficiency of research or the right mathematical models for the job (rather than level of complexity. you really think the host of creatures on Earth is not complex?). Considering I'm a living being, I'd personally like to see us really get to the bottom of the consciousness problem. Bio is important.
T. someone who knows too little about it.

LMAO
nor near as corrupt nor near as fruitless and fantasy filled

good gawd the brainlets are out in force
no math or physics can even deduce the dna communication it is so complex
>algorithms beyond all maths

physics has been denying reality for many decades now, and has answered little to nothing

That's literally what I said. Were you dropped on your head?
>lack of mathematical models for the job

This is bait. I'd love to hear what you even know about it.

Is there any kind of proof that math is incapable of explaining life on a deeper level? Human beings are, in fact, physical things.

>Finding out if the anti-particle of your dick is just as small
>Important
Fuck off, physishits are nothing but a mutli-billion dollar drain on humanity.

how are you going to proof an opinion
>math must be tied to physical phenomena
>in order to do so, one must already know that

A computer capable of executing complete physics model calculations (approximating the reality) would destroy Biology and any other field of science as well...

Biologists are a bunch of degenerates trying to get rid of God and replace it with communism

>a mind capable of doing complex philosophy would destroy your computer

>Complex philosophy.
Philosophy doesn't get answers, it runs into circles...just like any linguistic thinking.

Only through observations and obtention of constant results will the intelligence of an organism increase.

Hope u like 96 well plates and got a strong pipetting thumb.

Linguistic thinking is more powerful than logic by a shitload.

As a biology/chem double major I think chem is the more important science but biology is a lot more fun to sit around and think about.
You're not wrong.

I'm a postdoc with a background in quantitative ecology, so it's been good to me so far.

Biology is honestly just unique. Nothing else really works like it. Even the best computer modeling/simulations don't do it justice, not matter what sub-field your in. As a result it tells us things about ourselves and the world that we really couldn't learn through any other means out there.

That said, it has plenty of short comings.
>Behavioral studies are pretty arbitrary
>Ecology is a bit of a guessing game
>Phylogeny/Systematics knows there will never be a "right" answer
>Molecular biology almost always ends up being useless, even in laboratory settings.
>Your sample size will always be small.

Oh, and expect to kill a ton of organisms and then be outdone by some nut job who likes bugs.

Attached: Truth_f72165_4878098.jpg (540x701, 98K)

As a field, the most respectable work is occurring in molecular biology and biochemistry departments.

As a major, I have little to no respect for it because it is filled with the worst of the Pre-Med students and others who should have selected biochemistry as their major for the best chance at a job/best resume when applying for graduate programs.

I am a biochemistry student turned from a pre-veterinary student.

>the most respectable work is occurring in molecular biology and biochemistry departments
By who's opinion? Yours? OK.

Yeah, it's in my opinion. I am also just a junior undergraduate student.

I never said I was not biased or as informed as someone who has worked for much longer in any of the departments in question.

I'm glad you recognize your biases. Just curious, but why do you consider the most respectable work to be happening in those departments?

This picture is so accurate