Hate actually using eyeballs to read books (i know i'm a retarded faggot who should kill himself)

>hate actually using eyeballs to read books (i know i'm a retarded faggot who should kill himself)
>like audiobooks
>just started walking for hours at a time
>perfect time to start consuming a TON of books
>audible.com
>$15 FOR ONE FUCKING BOOK PER MONTH
is there a cheaper service or loophole?

i really don't want to be a retard, but i'll really never read a physical book...

torrents used to fill this void but it seems like those have mostly dried up.

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/
archive.org/index.php
archive.org/details/librivoxaudio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>$15 FOR ONE FUCKING BOOK PER MONTH

Really? They should just allow unlimited streaming like Netflix.

youtube, retard, or look harder for torrents. mostly dried up, lol.

>download ebook
>get one of those programs that speak ebooks
>any book you want in audiobook form

why is everybody so grumpy around here?
I never tried, must be hard to concentrate. do whatever you feel comfortable with user

And listen to a fucking robot voice for 10 hours?

libgen.io/
archive.org/index.php

also, convert e-book or pdf into text save as audio file use text to speech = audiobook.

good luck keep reading user

i'm brogrammer so I tried this already. it's.. terrible....

reading a physical book really is just hard for me to concentrate. not sure why but i get about 10 pages in then never pick it up again... feels bad.. i can listen to shit out of audiobooks tho..

archive.org/details/librivoxaudio
o shit fuck yeah user! thanks!

Also, if anyone else is reading this, you can go to the library and get a card for online checkouts. they have a lot of recent audiobooks (but you have to wait on them to be checked in and other gay physical world formalities faggotry—still tho)

I don't give a fuck, I love audiobooks. There's a fantastic Crime and Punishment version narrated by George Guidall on Youtube. I like to read along at the same time.

if you pay me i'll read outloud the book for you. for Plex ill wack off simultaneously.

parlay austismenite?

Literally just fucking pirate them you retard, it's not hard.

dude just torrent a bunch of teaching company courses, they are 100% better than audiobooks.

Not OP, but, what are teaching company courses?

google it. they invite some of the top academic professors to create audio courses on all sorts of subjects. Seriously good resource. legally they retail for hundreds of dollars, but they have a netflix type service too which i havent used..

TTC rebranded to The Great Courses awhile back.

That's pretty fucking cool man. I'm going to look into these. Thanks for the recommendation, user.

>reading a physical book really is just hard for me to concentrate. not sure why but i get about 10 pages in then never pick it up again... feels bad.. i can listen to shit out of audiobooks tho..
yes, but can you concentrate while you're listening? but there's no point if you can't.
reading is hard because it forces you to concentrate.

Same user who thanked you before, here to thank you again. These are amazing. Cheers, user.

I have a robot voice reader app and have been using it daily for years now. Mainly for news articles but it's not unusual for me to plug a book pdf in there and listen to it as I fall asleep. I even copy long comments/text from here or elsewhere on the net sometimes and listen to it as I go take a piss or whatever. I think it's a fantastic resource and almost started a thread here the other day asking if anyone else did it. I do concede however that doing this for a whole book would be exhausting and you would probably miss a lot of the nuance, but I feel similarly about the audiobook experience and prefer the robot to half the readers on Librivox.

Libraries have downloadable audiobooks. You have to get some goofy app called Overdrive but once you figure it out it's easy.

My library (seattle) has a lot of audiobooks. If yours doesn't try to sign up for the library where you live and the library where you work. If those both suck, get a friend who lives in a good library system to let you use their login.

there's nothing wrong with listening to audiobooks. it's hard for me to imagine paying attention that way, but you do you. literature started out as a spoken tradition and some of the greatest works to this day are from that tradition. plus it's fun to be read to.

do you like classics?

librivox is where you'll wanna get your books if so