ITT: Weirdest Food You Have Ever Eaten

for me, it's pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.eatyourworld.com/destinations/mexico/general_mexico/mexico_city/what_to_eat/escamoles
i.4cdn.org/ck/1509401172177.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Escamole. Ant larva. Really tasty actually

ethiopian?

steak and kidney pie
folks it was not what i expected at all
would not recommend

Nah Mexican. Tastes like a sweetened pine nut in my humble opinion.

mobile.eatyourworld.com/destinations/mexico/general_mexico/mexico_city/what_to_eat/escamoles

Kidney?! It must of smelled like piss...

I'm curious what you expected. Something other than a pie filled with steak and kidney meat I guess?

What did dog taste like, user? How was it prepared?

retrievers have what is known as a soft mouth
they can use their lips to help pic up delicate objects such as an egg without breaking it

it also makes them give great puppy kisses!!! :3

>What did dog taste like, user? How was it prepared?

imo it is somewhere between lamb and beef, they sell it in soup and put a lot of spices in the soup

yep
usually i grab steak and pepper pies but i felt like trying this one, since they make it it must be good right?
surely no one would even think about putting kidneys in a pie so i just thought it couldve been kidney beans or maybe some type of onion
dear god i was wrong

Op here
if no one told me it's dog soup, I would've definitely thought that is lamb soup

kek
Is that the first time you ever had offal or just kidney specifically?

This little fucker wasn't what I ordered, but it's what I got served.

Fuck the Chinese. I hope Trump nukes them all.

Ether a Tequila worm or frogs legs.

Raw sea cockroaches. They are ackshully marine wood louse. No that bad tastes like wood.

Was it delicious tho?

rocky mountain oysters

Live Snake
Live Crab
Still beating marlin heart

Reindeer carpaccio, which was great

Puffin, which was awful

Some whale meat, which beyond awful.

Did you eat it live, or just served wriggling?

Picked it up off the jungle floor.

>whale meat

Did you eat it raw or ?

it was pickled or in some weird sauce. All of those were from a trip to Iceland, but the one thing we didn't try was the 'shark pickled in shark urine' which is apparently a delicacy which everyone says tastes super foul big surprise.

Alright, now you've piqued my curiosity. Give me the deets...

Roasted pigeon. Leaner compared to chicken, and the taste was a cross between a chicken and a duck.

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".
Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.
I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

mmmmm

Some friends ate guinea pig in Peru, apparently its all the rage there since they roam around like rats and mountain people are poor as fuck. They said it tasted gamey and pretty meh in general.

man icelander sure are the weirdest folks when it comes to foods

steak and kidney pies are great DELET THIS

Ortolan. My mouth still hurts

Had goat brains was mushy and bitter

I had whale and horse meat on my trip to Iceland, they were both really great actually. It wasn't pickled though just cooked like a steak, would recommend. Link to pic i.4cdn.org/ck/1509401172177.jpg

I got the horse steak and someone else got the whale then we shared pieces of it.

Also I hear with puffin that if you're gonna eat it you better get it close after the hunting season, I think they can only be hunted once a year so if you're not getting it near season then you're just getting something that's been frozen for awhile.

I dont actually recall how the whale was prepared, its been a while, but it had a horrible taste and they said to use a lot of the sauce to mask the putrid pungency of the whale kek maybe this wasnt the best place for it

deep fried whale fat

Me and some friends were in the Philippines for work, and on our off time we thought it would be fun to go into to jungle and do survivor man shit. The snake was a pit viper, which I didn't know until my friend pointed it out, so I was afraid to put it down. So it was extremely dangerous and could attack at anytime so I dealt with it. Scales got caught in my teeth and the rib cage was tough to chew up but its meat and blood weren't terrible.

Might not have been, the four of us were looking for a really good place to eat once we had gotten back to Reykjavik with our class, was going down one of the big streets with tons of restaurants and stumbled upon a bistro that served whale and horse and knew we had to go there. Was a really nice place, everyone's meals were really good, but it was pretty pricey, the horse steak I got was the most expensive at around $50

The horse didn't taste drastically different from a regular steak, but it was very tender and was basically what you would expect from a high quality steak. The whale had a bit of a different texture and taste, I can't really explain it, but it was really good too.

How could you eat something so cute?

Sounds disgusting, then you ate a fresh-molted crab for shits and giggles?

Deep fried pig rectum

I picked it up and said "do you think I won't?" because that's the kind of person I was.

foie gras
>hate liver
>its too fucking butery it tastes all wrong
>family eating foie gras
>here user try some
>know im goint to find it disgusting
>know im getting called a pussy if i dont
>bite into cracker full of foul shit
>butery taste and texture inundates my mouth
>make big disgusted gesture but still chew and swallow
>everyone makes fun of me and calls me a pussy even tho i ate the fucking cracker just because of the reaction i had to it
fuck you guys

many chinese restaurants have this, how does it test?

>the kind of person I was
drunk?

It was a joke, i had heard a lot of restaurant calamari was actually fake and they used pig colon or rectum or something nasty instead of actual calamari, because most people couldn't tell the difference after it was breaded and deep fried.

After hearing that, any time I had calamari I wondered if it was the fake stuff especially if it was kinda rubbery.

>In restaurants everywhere, right this second, people are squeezing lemon wedges over crispy, golden, rings, dipping the rings into marinara sauce, and they’re eating hog rectum

authentic chinatown menus are a total horrorshow

surprisingly not.

They usually don't let gwailo see their menus, not because it's "disgusting," but because of the general populace's milquetoast approach to food. Chicken feet, duck's tongue, ox tongue, lamb's brain, and duck blood soup are fucking delicious.

You'd have to go to a high end Euro restaurant for that kind of offal.

>eating man's best friend
Kill yourself, OP. Eating doggo is even more offensive than sopa de monkey meme. You are literally worse that Brazilians.

yes, surprisingly. guess before I turn in for the night, did it even taste "good"? Could you feel the muscle spasms still going off while it slid down your throat?

Is this some unknown taboo culinary next-level, or just some fear factor shit?

Chitlins (pig intestines) I guess. The texture is divine and the taste is okay. Too bad I can't eat these as an adult without realizing how putrid the idea is. I never eat these unless a family member has cleaned and prepared them either.

Surely you mean chitterlings, my fellow black person.

Why would you eat such an old dog?

I'm half black, and no we say chitlins in the Midwest

>eating an animal
>"you monster, get raped and die!"

kek

why you talkin white?

i was kidding, some guy at work talked about 'chitterlings' to this black dude and he almost died laughing

I crushed it's head first because I was worried about getting cut, or keeping venom in my mouth for very long, but I was able to feel it's mouth try and open against my molars. After that it continued to wriggle around, but it wasn't as bad. The worst part was the scales and ribs but overall it didn't taste awful, I probably wouldn't do it again though.

wait so you ate the snake whole including all the actual shit in its digestive tract?

yeah, and it tasted like chicken

You're not me. >:(

But yeah, sort of like chicken.

A LARPer RPing as another LARPer. Surprise, surprise.

Nice larp, very funny guys. Anyway, yes I ate the snake, and by snake I meant my friends meat snake which was so big it was dragging on the ground, and it did taste like chicken though.

Nice reddit spacing

Reeeee, how could you!!!
I would tbhfam, just once but I wouldnt tell pic related

You really should try it, it's a lifetime experience.

Tripe
Manta ray
Bat
Dog
Sea cucumber
Jellyfish
Seagull egg

Tell me interesting facts about your pup

>bat
How's the ebola

It tastes like gamey chicken

t.lying american

Kangaroos

Ate a rabbit. Ate a cat. Eat squirrels on a regular basis. Usually stewed. Killed and butchered them myself.

>sea slug soup on trip to China
>of course its a delicacy
>broth was tasty enough
>sea slug plopped in broth
>even the Chinese guy we were with wouldn't eat it

Nice try larper. Sea slug or sea cucumber is prized food in china. I eat them yearly and no stupid chinese would just buy it for fun and not eating it.
t.chinese

this tbqh it's very expensive too

Kidney tastes ass when it's overcooked similar to liver. Fried kidney and heart is really nice, best offal

He killed a man over a card game.

that's a big dog

not him but I ate kidney before, it did smell like piss. would not recommend.

>they can use their lips to help pic up delicate objects such as an egg without breaking it
so that is why they are called retrievers

dolphin

Not larping kiddo. I was on a business trip and we were honored guests so it makes sense they'd try to impress us with lavish food. The Chinese guy we were eating with worked for the other company. He didn't pay for the banquet so not eating the slug was no loss to him.

I was a trooper and swore I'd at least try any weird food presented to me. I ate it as quick as I could and mostly swallowed it whole after a few chews. I remember a slight salty, not quite fishy taste and a leathery, rubbery texture.

Muskrat Stew
It was actually pretty good I'd recommend it to anyone

I actually had this, not deep fried but roasted. Not sure if it was rectum or another part of the intestine actually. Tasted funny, I wouldn't eat a lot of it, but definitely very good.

I ate a shit ton of snakes while camping in HS, was very drunk, but there was a bounty.

It's spelled Chitterlings but everyone says chitlins here in Alabama. Always clean and strip that membrane. You'll be throwing away about a third of what you bought before they're ready to cook. I'm white, btw.

The gym teacher

whats cat taste like?

I just suck on daddy's balls

It is a phonetic corruption from Red Reaver. Because the breed go created by a medieval bandit group who used to wear red bandanas. The more you know.

not that weird, went clamming and came up empty so just took these guys after seeing that they're edible (and okay to take from the beach)

yes

Geoduck
its such an odd texture but tastes similar to regular clams

roadkill cougar
just like greasy turkey, pretty good
i probably got parasites though

fuck

This, it's called "Machito" from Monterrey México, very tasty but a little dry, cut them in slices and make a taco from it, add salsa and voila.