Ask a vegan anything

Ask a vegan anything.

Would like to open up a discussion with vegans and non-vegans alike. I am a live and let live type of person and don't throw shame down on meat eaters.

Other urls found in this thread:

minimalistbaker.com/chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookie-pancakes-2-0/
discord.gg/tgTWvh
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longevity_in_Okinawa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What does sucking dick to get protein taste like.

How do you deal with angry meatposters? why are they so angry when there are 15 pages of non vegan threads to choose from?

vegan dick or omni dick?

Can't really blame them. Most vegans are pretentious and pompous as fuck. Really threw me off from the whole scene when I first became a vegan.

I'm not trying to convert or convince anyone but just have a conversation to pass the time.

how do you get to flavourtown without dairy at least?

Is there any good vegan cheese substitute? E.g. for nachos

Vegan mayo tastes gross and not like mayo.

Could you source any peer reviewed journal that says that the best recommended diet is vegan? If that's not your concern, what exactly makes you vegan? Assuming is for animal rights, what rights do animals have and on what basis you feel that way?

I was never a big dairy consumer before, milk at least.

Ate a shit ton of cheese before but really don't miss it.

>flavourtown
Lemon pepper seasoning is my goto spice for everything

Haven't tried any vegan cheese yet, sorry. Also never liked mayo.

I don't have any sources sorry. For me it is not animal rights. I did it for health reasons. I can sympathize with the animals but it wasn't a factor for me making the switch.

What health reasons?

I'm not even remotely vegan but its objectively true that a whole foods plant based diet is the healthiest.

you have a favorite style of cuisine? I was vegetarian for like a year in college and found myself eating much Mediterranean and Indian food

I prefer cock

I wasn't eating healthy before. I'm probably the only vegan that will admit that the same could be accomplished with a balanced meat diet as well, it's just that veganism was something I wanted to try and challenge myself with. I gave it 30 days and fell in love. I felt amazing.

I love indian food. Actually going to be cooking up a vegan curry soon.

Right now my main rotations of food have beans, rice, tomatoes, spinach and the like. A lot of vegan "mexican type" dishes and vegan pizza/flatbread. Made my own dough earlier and cooked up a pretty tasty pizza

>Pizza
>Doesn't use Vegan cheese

>vegan pizza/flatbread
aha you said you didnt eat any vegan cheese yet let's look at Exhibit A
>"cooked up a pretty tasty pizza"
what do you have to say for yourself??

I might give it a try in the future but I haven't heard good things so I have stayed away from it

haha that's why I said flatbread, I knew someone would come in and challenge using the term Pizza. Whatever you consider it, please see pic related.

Sacrilege

Not in the slightest. You can manage to gain the same nutrients as any well regulated diet with more effort, sure, but if you reduce your red meat and pork intake, and change it for leaner meats or cuts, you will do much better as you don't have to look for supplements. For some reason, people associate meat with steak, while you can eat poultry and fish and do fine. Hell, even pork is fine if you eat more parts than just bacon and sausages.
I suppose if it works for you it's fine, but fish and non fried chicken or turkey will not make you fill like shit I suppose. The same with yogurt and other shit.

you should post that in the next pizza thread for maximum keks, that is beyond thicc, it looks like someone deepfried the Necronomicon and added tomatoes

I am not a vegan, but have gout, and therefore am restricted to a generally vegetarian diet.

Have you ever used jackfruit as a meat substitute? If so, how does it stand up to real pork? No salesmanship: I'm not an ideologue, I literally have to commit to my diet for health. I don't want to hear it's just the same if it isn't.

i'll prolly do eet to generate some salt.

It was actually really good but i had to double up the edges because my pan was too small and i don't have Tupperware to store extras at the moment

>you will do much better as you don't have to look for supplement

the only supplement required by vegans is b12, which most americans are close to deficient in anyways. Vitamin D helps too but that isn't specific to vegan diets. Supplements are a big deal imo

>jackfruit
never had it. Wasn't too big on pork before actually. Made bacon occasionally but wasn't too crazy about it.

Since being vegan I haven't been into searching out imitations. I gave up meat and dairy, not trying to fill the void with something that looks like it but doesn't taste remotely like it.

>Since being vegan I haven't been into searching out imitations.
Me neither, but I come from a family where pork is king, and I was wondering if there was something I could make that was even close enough. I don't eat fake bacon, beef, or cheese. Was just wondering about the jackfruit/pork thing. Thanks anyway though.

I did have some fried tofu in some Pho recently that tasted nearly the exact same as unseasoned meat. I am not sure how they made it but it was a surprising addition to the Pho

Yea, and with a non vegan diet you don't need it. Also, b12 deficiency is a pretty big deal and can lead to many problems. The point is, there is really nothing superio in a vegan diet. Obviously, uf your average amerilard is scarred of vegetables, the secon he starts eating that shit he will fill amazing, imagine having a nice shit for the first te in your life, but that doesn't mean it's good for you in the long run. Again eat poultry, liver and fish. It much better in taste than most vegan shit. Also yoghurt, and drink water.

>something that looks like it but doesn't taste remotely like it.
yeah i noticed a lot of vegan processed foods that spend a huge amount of effort and ingredients to simulate meat or dairy ingredients, and very few even come remotely close. However the best approach seems to be ignore that and just focus on whole foods and forget about the imitations

You don't need supplements. None of the people living in the blue zones take supplements and they are virtually all vegan. The healthiest people in the world, the 7th day Adventists of Loma Linda are vegans.

Look at any recent medical journal on the topic. A whole foods plant based diet is the healthiest. That isn't to say that you can't eat animal products and still be very healthy just that it isn't the healthiest possible.

I don't do it. I eat meat at least twice a day every day but that doesn't change the facts. I despise most vegans as much as everyone else here but the science is sounds. Its also important to note that you can be vegan and still not eat a whole foods plant based diet which is what I am talking about.

>imitations

One thing I would like to find a legit imitation of is Eggnog. I hear that there are some out there that nail the taste but fall far from the texture.

it's superior in the same way that having a personal chef or personal trainer is superior to managing your diet or your exercise yourself. Not necessarily the ultimate solution but when your protein sources all come packed with tons of fibre- beans, lentils, nuts, things like that- it's super hard not to have nice quick shits and avoid the risks of colon disease that meat based diets can carry. vegan diets force you to eat healthier because the staples have more diverse nutrient profiles than dairy or meat. meet your daily protein needs with whole plant foods and youll be set for most other RDAs. think of it as a set of training wheels.

tfw oatmeal pancakes

No, the science is not sound because it's really a bad question. It wholy ends up depending on a personal basis which diet is better for you. Yea veganism has been showned to prevent heart disease, but again, that speculation and evidenced is expñained through how much red or fatty meat we eat, but again, fish doesn't has this effect in you (except if you are a dumb fuck who thinks fish sticks count). Actually, most dietitians recommend a mediterrean diet which is common sense really. 7th day adventist also don't smoke, nor drink and need to be in shaped through regular exercise, something that people forget to consider whem reviewing their diets. And I think that they do eat fish and poultry, but only here in murrica we would consider that falls into the category of veganism.
But again, nothing wrong with fish or lean poultry like Turkey. That a diet isn't "meat based" doesn't mean it should lack any meat. You could have an amazing soup packed with all the vegetables you need, a simple pasta with fish and some salad and you are done.

do you have a recipe for that?

That's not a fucking pizza you mong. Quit using the holy word for such disgusting abomination

what would you call it friend?

[TRIGGERED]

fatbread

minimalistbaker.com/chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookie-pancakes-2-0/

oh. well whatever the fuck it is it was tasty

Thank you!

ohh yeah baby grill my eggplant

man that looks great too!

reminder that a well planned vegan diet is the healthiest diet

But its not? A pescitarian diet is.

7th day Adventist do consume animal products. Just at a significantly lower amount than your average westerner. Other blue zone areas eat meat sparingly like once a week.

vegans live longer than pescetarians

vegans of Veeky Forums discord

discord.gg/tgTWvh

GTFIH

if you don't have an account make one

Raw omega 3 is overrated, a tiny of ALA with a diet lacking a lot of processed food is enough to keep your body topped up.

Plasma level omega 3 deficiency is not common in vegetarians, it's not like B12.

Will you eat cultured/lab-grown meat when it's available?

Got a recipe for that, it looks delicious.

>plant BASED

In other words, a diet that still includes animal products, even it’s only just enough to prevent the neurological degeneration that tends to cut people’s participation in veganism short.

>vegans live longer than pescetarians
Nah senpai, again our Japanese overlords have mastered this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longevity_in_Okinawa