Just finished this book. Never read Camus before, what's Veeky Forumss thoughts on it? ~philosophy~

Just finished this book. Never read Camus before, what's Veeky Forumss thoughts on it? ~philosophy~

why, too stupid to form your own?

man, shut the fuck up.

I liked the bit about allowing oneself everything. I now do whatever I want and have no guilt about it. It is wonderful

why, because you're such a weak minded dweeb you need the groupthink of Veeky Forums to validate your opinions?

I thought the monologue was pretty hilarious at points.
The monologue style felt real nice and it was just the right lenght.
I remember i especially liked when he gets talking about his career, antics and view on life, but i should really reread i before formumating opinions here.

fpbp

so ? you read the book and couldn't come up with anything ?

You reminded me that I really used to love this book. Unfortunately it's been so long I can't remember what it was about :( ... but I remember I really liked it...

Why are you even on Veeky Forums if you don't want to talk about books?

yeah, just like everyone else that posts on Veeky Forums for the stream of supporting and uplifting opinions

This is literally the whole of Veeky Forums, they're more concerned with appearance and fashion, they're more superficial and "teeny" than the actual fashion board or something like /b/. I doubt most here actually read the work that they shill or shit on.

Oh boy. Some one's insecure. Novel writing not going as well as you planned user?

because he doesn't want to talk about the book. he wants to talk about how smart he could potentially feel for reading it. threads like this are pure masturbation. talking about the book itself would entail taking something from the book as the subject of discussion, not the book itself.

fpbp [2]

Wow. Posting on a board literally about literature discussion, and then everyone complains that I want to discuss literature. Great.

>everyone complains that I want to discuss literature
Well obviously you can't read.
People really need to stop making these kind of threads. "What does Veeky Forums think of this?" is not an interesting question and does not prompt discussion. Form your own opinion first, kick the thread of with that opinion, and then you can have a discussion. Or ask a question about a specific point you feel you didn't understand.

How did the protagonist move so quickly between Mexico City to Amsterdam?

is this bait? honestly can't tell these days

Its a bad novel from what i remember. Camus always strikes me as a second rate philosopher. He builds this whole story up to beg the question: can a priest get medical care? Applied to plague its a question that reposits the suicide question of Sisyphus: should man kill himself in response to the absurdity of his condition? Should a priest (the non absurd man) try to survive in spite of the meaningfullness of his condition?

But take the plague out of the equation and its apparent a priest may wear band aids or use disenfectants, or wear deodorant or brush his teath, just the same way as lay persons may build brick dwellings or make other improvements on earthly life. Its not a contradiction at all for a priest to use modern medicine. Its a vast contradiction for a priest to place his greatest hope for the world in medicine, however.

Err... the plague, that is, not the fall.

Pure comedy gold