Nations with crummy food?

We already know people hate British and American food. Let's talk about something new.

I nominate Filipino food. It tastes like your drunk roommate tried to make chinese food, but the pantry was mostly empty and all he had was a microwave. Then he accidentally dropped it in the sink and fished it out.

But for some reason he's a god at eggrolls.

Yeah. And what's the deal with airline food?

Kek'd

Literally all ethnic foods are completely awful. It's nothing but trash for retards that cannot handle subtlety and restraint in their cuisine.

>subtlety and restraint in their own cooking
>allergic to wheat, but French
>life is suffering.

>subtlety and restraint in their own cooking
>british

>etnic food
what did he mean by this

People like this mistake complexity for crassness and boldness for an assault. They've been told to respect French food because it's white otherwise they would've hated their wine and cheese too for being too strong. They've been told to respect Italian food because it's almost white else they would've hated Italian sauces for being too unrefined (broken emulsions lol).

They haven't had an original thought in their life and are a slave to other people's idea of refinement and taste.

>idea of refinement and taste
if that idea is a mcchicken maybe

>american food is so terrible!!!
>meanwhile the worst possible versions of american food run rampant internationally and everybody buys it up
really made me think

>ethnic food
poor country food.

Wine and cheese are too strong? What? And literally no one cares how "refined" a sauce is.

>he actually spent money on some course of post-colonial mumbo jumbo

limpia shanghai is pretty good, and adobo's a kind of simple universal recipe.

When I visited Austria the food was pretty terrible

fried chicken skin with sweet chilli sauce is GOAT
literally dirt cheap and can make you feel full with a ton of calories.

problem is it's so heavy with cholesterol.

so american cuisine?

The Netherlands has some pretty shitty foods

America and Britain have some of the best restaurants and best food on the planet, faggot. Go eat fried crickets or beans and rice or whatever.

yes, mexico and canada have terrible food.

Spanish food is overrated.

>INB4 you've never had real Spanish food

I live in Madrid.

Alright I'll agree with some of the notion spoken about filipino cuisine in regards to some dishes or different regions forms of cooking. As a filipino my self, the region known as pampanga (which is approximately 2hrs from manila) offers an extensive array of rather exquisite flavors, but most of the strong points in these dishes lies in the preparation process and like southern italians, extensive usage of garlic. Adobo itself is extremely prevalent that it became somewhat of a meme in the culinary world, especially with filipino restaurants in the US - ergo I wouldn't be surprised if a recent consumer of pinoy cuisine would associate the majority of the culture's culinary dishes with adobo and pancit

Soft boiled egg for dipping is superior

give someone who's never had either wine or a strong french cheese for the first them and 9 times out of 10 they will retch. and italian sauces that were "broken" took a long time to get accepted as suitable for refined cuisine.

>he denies himself good complex food because he's too ignorant and scared for new experience
if you were living in the 50s you would've thought of those dishes encased in gelatin as refined cuisine.

In truth it's not ethnic food that's shit, it's rhe shit chefs who can't seem to be able to taste what their fucking cooking, or creating a dish that is not their specialty. Like a korean making japanese ramen only to fuck it up, or a mexican making sushi, or a japanese guy making a burrito, or a filipino guy adding lumpia to a salty as sjws burrito or sandwich and calling it fusion, or pajeet putting too much curry powder in a dish that originally didn't call for curry at all, california especially san diego is bloody weird

>what are foods suitable for mass manufacturing?
that and the influence of hollywood are the main drivers for american cuisines pervasiveness. no one is eating gumbo in korea.

is it really overrated? i don't see many spanish restaurants around and never hear about anyone not spanish making any spanish dish at home.

>or pajeet putting too much curry powder in a dish that originally didn't call for curry at all
no indian chef or cook has ever used curry powder. it's almost unheard of in india. it's a british invention that's 90% salt, turmeric and chili.

>Madrid
Not
>Donostia/Gijon/Santiago
That's why you dingus. All the best food in Spain is along the northern coast. Burgos is pretty good too but the North coast is best.

As an American I like fake Spanish food (tapas). Also that Spanish dried ham smoked meat is pretty good, better than salami.

Do you guys still use the banana-based ketchup that American GI's spurred the development of, or is that only Filipino-American streetfood?

Amen, our complete 'traditional' cuisine sucks. Also the boiled veggies and patatoes plus meat is rather boring

>frikandel
>bitterballen

Hell if I know, last I was in the philippines they've been using more american ketchup with fried dishes - then again I most frequent outlets and reputable restaurants. So to answer your question, I honestly don't really know. But that sauce doesn't suit my palate

Like I said california especially San Diego is fucking weird as hell, people can't taste for shite

sterling post

>he doesn't eat his frikandel "speciaal" and complains about it
>he thinks frikandellen and bitterballen are "cuisine"

Stop shitposting until you eat somewhere that's not a snackbar, Groninger.

i lived for haly a year in egypt and i have to say that the egptian cuisine isn't very good. I think the biggest problem is that they have no variety in their meals if you would try to eat a different food every evening you would be done in a week. The strange thing is that egyptians do not seem to want different food one colleage of mine ate fried chicken with rice and tahina for every fucking lunch over 6 months, another had lentil soup every fucking day. Maybe in places like alexandria you have more diversity because of the historic european influences but everythink from cairo to aswan is painfully boring

People from Egypt are autistic

I nominate:

India
Mexico
Thailand
Vietnam
Japan
Korea
China

>Being this wrong
>Not enjoying brown Stew chicken with rice and peas w plantain served with immense attitude from Jamacian nigress elder.

Yeah my racism isn't that deep yet sorry

Curry powder is a subset of masala, which is just a mixture of spices that often include tumeric and chili powder. Every Indian cook uses some sort of masala. To say that no Indian chef uses curry powder is incorrect, they do use those ingredients, they may not be buying pre-made curry powder but instead making their own masala, which may or may not be very similar to curry powder depending on the dish.

>any of those
>bad

Russian food

agree

i wonder if it was shit before the soviet union tho

>We British invented curry powder in the vast spice fields of Yorkshire, then exported it to India where it caught on awfully well. The darkies were eating twigs and whatnot before we arrived to show them how to cook proper Indian food. Rule Britannia!

People don't hate American food. Subhumans with no taste do.

most baltic cuisines suffer from lack of variety in ingredients. sure there are lots of different kind of breads, preserved fish and cabbage dishes, but bland stewed meat, pickled beets and over-reliance on dill doesn't make for haute cuisine.
ashkenazi jewish cuisine also is terrible, but at least they are brave enough to make fusion cuisine to make up for the drudgery of lame fish soups and matzo balls

Why has no one said Australia yet? Literal copy of Britain but worse

Totally untrue.
Ignore this faggot, quite clearly he has American levels of global culinary knowledge.

Probably never travelled beyond his home state either.
Complete cunt.

Here speaks the voice of reason. not.
Remember to sage and hide.
Retard.

Abo cuisine is literally bugs, dirt and the occasional piece of roadkill they come across in their adventures to and from the dole office
also, they think methanol is a beverage

I hear orthodox jewish food is appalling

just went to phillipines somewhat recently and travelled to a poor place for a month

you literally can't buy bread anywhere, it doesn't exist, only this fake, weird sugar bread

there were a ton of parties and a shitload of home made food and it truly wasn't anything special i also got really ill

so picky eaters would freak the fuck out? was there anything you could eat that wasn't super weird or gross?

This.

>the influence of hollywood
Have you just lost your goddamn mind? Put the fucking kool aid down and take off the tin foil hat, idiot.

I don't know how shitty Flip food is supposed to be
My pop was sailing in the Caribbean a few years ago. His boat was wrecked in a storm. A cargo ship crewed by Filipinos picked him up. They cooked up a whole fucking hog for my pop and his crew. How do you cook a whole pig on a cargo ship?
Anyways they did it.
He said that the food he ate was the best he had. And that the Flip crew were fucking bros.

I'll never shit talk Filipinos because of that.

here comes the prison island inmates. Go eat your fairy bread, subhuman

>no one's posted the Filipino carbonara videos yet

It's like you guys aren't even trying.

that's awesome

I've had Flip chicken. I think they called it Chicken Adobo or something. I honestly forget how it tasted since this was like 7 years ago but I remember liking it

It was something else looking at the pictures he brought back. It was a 20 footer with just a couple people. All retirees. The photos showed the storm coming closer and closer and closer.
When the storm hit, my pop had to take control since the boat's owner was freaking out. That's military training for you.
They bailed out for hours and tried to keep the lil boat afloat. But they couldn't in 2 story high waves. Luckily they spotted a cargo ship and called it in.
As my pop was coming up the rope ladder thrown over the hull of the ship, he said all he could think of was the book I gave him. He was reading it during the storm to keep his mind off the danger. It was called "We the Drowned", it was appropriately about a family of men who died sailing.
He took photos while on the cargo ship. You can see the sailing boat sinking gradually off astern.

The next photos are about the Flip crew making a fucking feast and partying all the way to a Puerto Rico harbour.
Once I got real money in the bank, I'll look that crew up and go to their families in the Philippines and try to give them every bit of wealth I can.

that really is a heartwarming story, but lol at the book you gave your dad as he is about to sail off

We laughed pretty hard about the coincidence over drinks once he came back.
He said he regrets not grabbing it while abandoning ship because how fucking cool would it be to have a sea water soaked book about sailor life?

I wouldn't say all their food is shitty...

Caribbean and Ethiopian food is absolute dogshit

I imagine African cuisine is generally shit as well.

Japanese and Chinese food is good but overrated

Finland. Shit's boring and bland as fuck.

T. Finn

The fuck is Finn food anyways?
Bootleg Russian potato shit and ripoff Swedish/Norse fermented fish?

Meat, potatoes and root vegetables mostly (so bootleg Russian potato shit, yes). Honestly sautéed reindeer and Karelia pasties are the only things really worth mentioning.

>Ethiopian food is absolute dogshit
nonsense my good fellow. i've only been to about 3 Ethiopian restaurants but their food was top notch, they looked like dollops of weird paste or indian style curries, plus their injera bread was good. Makes me want some now.

Russian food looks basic as fuck

I love that shit, man. Stews are my thing.
Once my pop brought home a giant caribou heart. You people eat that shit?
We sliced it up and fried it with butter and onions. Like you would liver

My first taste of Flip food was balut, followed by what looked like abortion soup.

I avoid Flip food now.

I'm pretty fucking drunk now, but I think I would eat balut. It's just meat, right?

One of my buds worked in an embryology lab when we were in college. He used to work on chicken embryos and work on them all the time. Injected hormones to make them into dinosaurs. Shit was cash.
I guess if I can get used to fucking chicken embryos with science, I get used to eating them after being boiled

>It's just meat, right?

Like I said, I'm drunk.
If a bunch of goading Flips gave one of those to me, I'd peel it and pop it into my both. Crunch crunch right? I already crack pork bones to suck the marrow. What's the big diff?

well i reckon you would do it, no idea how it smells, that could be a turn off. i have read theres a soup in balut you are supposed to slurp first which is tasty though.

Probably a salt and umami broth
Shit, I could eat a rock after that

Flip food, like every other cuisine, has chiseled out its niche.

Breakfasts with meat/garlic rice/fried eggs is god tier.

Seafood dishes are generally good to excellent.. although I'm still not down with shrimp heads.

Adobo being the national dish is generally going to be good unless you suck ass at cooking. It's easy as fuck to make, just have to simmer for a good while.

>Seafood dishes are generally good to excellent.. although I'm still not down with shrimp heads.
I dont' know about shrimp heads, but me mum used to eat shrimp tails with a bit of pepper

>cold
>spicy
>all of the above

why does korean food suck so much ass?
they're only popular after KPOP made a scene for the country. Is korean food just a meme?

Korea is the Scotland of Asia

Almost all of them are fairly recently made up and standardized to feed the korean propaganda machine, shallow, tryhard and plastic just like their face

I never liked Thai food at all because peanut and coconut are my two least favorite flavors and they're the centerpiece of every fucking dish.
I imagine it would get very monotonous even to someone who likes them.

It's weird because they have such a developed culture in pretty much every other area, but their food is pitiful.
I watched one Chef's Table about a guy trying to "reinvent the best of traditional Russian cuisine" and it still looked abominable.

Hear, hear

When I was in high school we went a on a trip to visit other schools and shit in the backwaters of the Philippines. They worked hard and were obviously poor as shit but they put on a huge spread every time. One time it was a whole roast pig, paella, fresh fish - it was amazing. I still make puto to this day as well.

Russian cuisine was developing toward an interesting Eastern European/French fusion path before the Soviets fucked it all up.

Filo cuisine does three things really well - they roast the best pork in the world, make the best Asian desserts and they do the best spring rolls. Outside of that it's all uggo peasant swill.

>shallow, tryhard and plastic just like their face
user calm down holy shit

aah, gotcha, usa's cuisine is so bad that you don't even have to mention it!

You're a fucking FAGGOT and you'll never have wealth. Stfu with your gay ass story idiot.

>he doesn't like bitterballen
what a fool you are

Spoken like a true hillbilly ahyuk.

>ahyuk

are numales developing their own language?

>developing their own language
the only thing a numale can develop is a prolapsed anus

There's nothing wrong with Filipino food. What is wrong is whoever cooks it. And alot of Filipinos simply suck at cooking, showing now sign of patience or moderating on adding seasonings, and rarely do they soak out the excessive fats. Now, that's not all of them. I've had pretty amazing food at alot of carinderias. But it's in these kind of establishments that most of the bad food experience come from. Most of the carinderia owners simply run the carenderia just to earn money. They don't bother about making the best food. And this is reinforced by the mentality that most Filipinos eat at carenderias just to have something to fill their stomach with for a low price, not to have a good tasty meal.
Another problem is that most of their most skilled chefs work in high paid restaurants either at home or abroad that don't serve anything from Philippines in general.
If you want good food experience from Philippines, I suggest you eat in a well-regarded restaurant in a mall, not on the street.

That's strange, never heard of it. Most of the time they either make their own gravy, use banana ketchup(their version of sriracha), Sarsa, spicy vinegar or the common Asian sweet-hot sauce

It's like eating chicken soup with egg, and has some slight crunch. I swear it's not bad at all, it's actually pretty delicious

Because 65% of the dishes are literally just some meat stirfried in garlic, onion and Gochujang. 10% is some slimy weird seafood, 10% more is just your ordinary chinese soup and the rest is new stuff they claim to originate from the global Korean Empire back in 10.000BC

>Breakfasts with meat/garlic rice/fried eggs is god tier.
this. Plebs think that just because it's a little simple, it can't be good