We all agree that tiramisu is the best dessert right?

We all agree that tiramisu is the best dessert right?

No.

What is the best dessert then?

Salted Caramel _______

Sachertorte

moar like suckertorte
It's such an overrated dessert.

nuts?

>picking tiramisu over napoleon
haha wow what a fag

Apple crumble.

>incredibly simple and easy to make
>fucking delicious as fuck
>needs no fancy things like ladyfingers or mascarpone, most of the ingredients people already have around the house at all times
>versatile, can be made it in many different ways
>homely and comfy, not some fancy pretentious dessert that leaves you disappointed

sfogliatelle

I love every desert listed in this thread. I don't think there is a best dessert. There's a perfect dessert to follow the meal you had but without that context it's an impossible call to make.

If I've had a south indian meal I'd like a melt in your mouth mysore pak, not a moist chocolate cake.

Yep. Tiramisu is the patrician's choice. Don't mind all of these plebs OP

I love tiramisu. Ricotta cheesecakes are also amazing, I think they have more flavor and a better texture than the cream cheese kind.

Cheesecake.

Ricotta or cream cheese cheesecake? Choose carefully.

Never tried ricotta cheesecake. How is it?

It's good. Cream cheese cheesecakes are just too smooth for me, even with a graham cracker crust or something. The texture from the slightly grainy ricotta cheese is nice. I think the flavor is better since cream cheese is basically thickened milk/cream which is milder but ricotta cheese is concentrated milk solids and more flavorful.

Yes, Tiramisu is the best dessert.

>italian whore snacks
>best

Too much fat/calories.

dessert was invented by the ancient jews to make the white and black man perpetually fight eachother over spices to create the "ultimate" sweet treat instead of cooperate to break their isreali shackles and live a life of prosperity and cooperation in a world of true freedom

Everyone is entitled to their own personal subjective tastes regarding food. Myself, tiramisu is my favorite desert. Less from it tasting so much better than everything else than being the thing I randomly picked as a child to be "my thing". My favorite desert, the thing I requested on my birthday, etc. I think the liqueur, even cooked off, helped with that.

coffee tastes gross

I hate that so many places dunk the cookies until they're completely mushy ):

That's when it tastes best though :'(

Well I certainly don't hate any desserts, but I prefer cheesecake.

I agree. Plain cheesecake with some strawberries on top makes for the best dessert.

rumpleminz and your moms gash

I can't pick a favorite but it's god tier for sure

Yum

Crème brûlée

>what is baklava

Chocolate chip cookies

hershey choccie bar

Here's some things in no particular order which are better than Tiramisu

Cheesecake
Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Profiteroles
Cherry Pie
Apple Crumble
Plum Pudding
Sticky Date Pudding
Pistachio Gelato
Pecan Pie

well desu only flaw it has is that i can eat an entire tray of it by myself and then i feel sick :/

this

Pumpkin Pecan Pie is the best, actually. With a cool glass of milk.

PPP

Tiramisu is GOAT but it suffers the same problem as cheesecake - so fucking hard to find a good one when dining out. People love to cut corners when making it and it shows

As somebody who has never had this. You're wrong. Tiramisuis bestter.

Lads, whats the most best/fanciful dessert dish I could bring home for thanksgiving? I usually bring the bread I make and everyone loves it but I haven't ventured in the realm of pastries/cakes/pies. What extravagant dishes are out there for an occasion like this?

This is the one, true answer. A good crémè brûléè cannot be beat. Actually cheesecake is a close second, though.

It's pretty good. I've also made some mean vegan ones. But the ingredients are available any day of the year so seasonal fruit is more appealing to me.

>
I'm all about the raspberry. Either way, patrician choice. Cheesecake is god-tier.

Yes, that is correct

A F F O G A T O
F
F
O
G
A
T
O

Well it's not really extravagant but I'd make something light like a fruit tart. Macerated berries with apple or something like that.

brownies

How do you expect everyone to agree on something as mood-sensitive as a desert?

Nope. Fruit desserts are the best, especially if they have some kind of pastry crust and some cream. I nominate peach cobbler. Delicious like a pie, but you can be messy with it.

I don't know, to agree with that we would need an absolute truth to set the record, now and then, on which we can build our opinions.
But such absolutes are rare, and in most cases, like this one, they doesn't exist.
Still we can all agree that the worst dessert is Saint Honoré.

You are correct, sir

>no one mentioned zabaglione

I came here to say exactly this

boi I've never cut corners while making one. My work makes it great

The Dark souls of desserts, nothing is tastier than this cake

>desserts
Fuck off you nancies. If I'm going to be ingesting useless calories it's going to be fine booze.

I've made it, can agree

Personally my favorite is tres leches cake.

Yes.

>filled with cum

The perfect European delicacy *kisses fingers* mwah!

how to make this? I reverse googled it and it's all in a weird language and I don't know what this is but it looks delicious.

kouign amann
(queen ah-mahn)
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon (12g) active dry yeast
¾ cup (175 ml) tepid water
2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup (200g) sugar, which will be divided later
Additional sugar for when you roll out the pastry
1 stick salted butter (110g), cut into ½ inch (2cm) cubes and chilled
2-3 additional tablespoons of melted salted butter

Instructions:
1.In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water with a pinch of sugar, stir briefly and let it sit until it’s foamy
2.Stir in the flour and salt. The dough should be soft, but not too sticky. Lightly dust your countertop with flour and transfer the dough onto it. Knead the dough with your hands until it’s smooth and elastic (about 3 minutes). Knead in more flour 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough stops sticking to your hands.
3.Grease a medium bowl and put the dough into it. Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.

4.While that rises, line a dinner plate with plastic wrap and set it aside.
5.On a lightly floured countertop, roll the dough out into a rectangle about 12” by 18” with the shorter sides to your left and right.
6.Distribute the chilled, cubed butter into the center of the dough and sprinkle with a ¼ cup (50g) of sugar. Grab the left side of the dough, lift, and fold it over the center, then do the same thing with the other side as though it were a letter. It should resemble a 3 level pastry.
7.Sprinkle the length of that with ¼ cup (50g) and without rolling, fold into thirds again. Place on the plastic wrap covered dinner plate and chill for one hour.
8.Wipe the flour off the counter and dust it with a big handful of sugar for rolling out the pastry again.
9.Once chilled, remove the dough from the refrigerator. Geantly move it off the plastic and onto the sugared countertop. Top the dough with ¼ cup sugar (50g) and bress it in a bit with your hands, roll it out into a 12” by 18” rectangle one last time.
10.Fold into thirds like last time and let rest in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
11.Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit (220C) and butter a 9 inch pie plate with butter.
12.Take dough from refrigerator, roll into roughly the shape of the pan. It will be sticky so dust it with sugar. Be careful when putting it into the pan.
13.sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon melted butter on top.
14.Bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit (220C) for 35-40minutes, until the top is deeply caramelized. Let stand for a few minutes, then use a spatula to gently remove it from the pan and onto a cooling rack.

>Cake drowned in coffee

Food of the gods. So good.

My bad roll it out to 10" by 16", I forgot that the dough becomes too thin at the 12x18 width