Turned around

Make pork chops

what would I do with the rind, then?

maybe you should've thought of that before buying 5.3kg of pork

Flæskesteg.

i...is...that pre sliced?

Har du en god opskraeft?
only the rind. and I'm gonna guess it's poorly sliced, will have to go deeper

No, the fat is just scored. It's often roasted in the oven/grill and, if done properly, the fat turns out as crispy crackling. It's pretty good.

Make fried crispy pork rinds?

For how much? Is it too cheap so you bought it without even thinking of what will you do with it?

Pork meat is very easy to cook. You could boil it up, cut to thin sliced, either dip it to your favorite sauce or make a Vietnamese spring roll (gỏi cuốn).

Leave the skin on and make a couple of these bad boys.

>Is it too cheap so you bought it without even thinking of what will you do with it?
I find that buying shit I have no idea how to handle is a great way to broaden horizons, I'd never do it if I didn't have to, and I have never regretted it. It was pretty damn cheap by weight, yeah, as a rule cheap meat costs about 60kr per kg on average here, and this was 5.3kg for 150kr

This is probably the best idea. Ground nuts work really well in stuffings.
I've never had cracklings but they sound awesome so use the skin for that.

>about 3€/kg
You can't even get chicken for that price here.

huh, no, it's 4€ at least. but yeah, super cheap, there's like 5 pigs for each danish person at a given time, so it is cheap as heck, in spite of denmark being a generally expensive country.

>kr
So, you are Danish. Any local recipes with pork as ingredients?

Smoke it for three days then serve to a small dinner party of guests.

yup, this is the common use
Was kinda hoping some scandinavians were around that could give some tips. but hey, I'm sure it can be used for other things as well.

>it's 4€ at least
Ah, wasn't paying attention and used the swedish kr instead. Still a fucking bargain. You might get pork sirloin for like 7€/kilo some time but mostly it's at least 10€.
Denmark being pretty much the pork capital of Europe I can understand the cheaper prices.

dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrifter/visopskrift.php?id=7583
Can someone translate the recipe because the end product looks fucking amazing?

>dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrifter/visopskrift.php?id=7583
sure. sec

Score the fat all the way down to the meat with .5 cm spacing, avoiding scoring the meat itself. If the butcher scored the meat, check that it was done properly. Make sure to rub the salt all the way down into the crevices in the scoring. Put a few bay leaves in the rind or below the meat.

Put the roast on a grid (not sure what these are called in English, the metal grating thing you can place on a baking sheet) on a baking sheet and make sure the rind is as even as possible. You can balance it on some crumbled up tinfoil to even it out.

Pour .5 liters of water in the baking sheet and place the roast in the middle of a cold oven. Turn on the oven on 200C convection and leave it for 1.5 hours.

For juicy meat, use a thermometer. When the core temperature reaches 55C, check if the crackling is crispy. If it's not, raise the oven's temperature to 250C until the meat has a core temperature of 65C. Keep an eye on the crackling, making sure it doesn't turn too dark. If the crackling is crispy, continue cooking on 200C until the core temperature reaches 65C. Remove the roast from the oven. The stock is used for the sauce.

Leave the roast to rest for approximately 20 minutes. While resting, the core temperature should reach approximately 70C.

Whether this recipe is the best, I don't know. I made it once where I had the rind submerged in salt water at the start of cooking the roast, turned out decent as well. But I can't find that recipe right now.

this wasn't meguess I won't do it then

>Can someone translate the recipe because the end product looks fucking amazing?

Flæskesteg is just roast pork, user. It's no different than any other kind of roast. Score the fat, salt it, stick it in the oven. Remove when the interior temp probes "medium". If the crackling isn't done to your liking then use the broiler to crisp it up a bit.

Thanks danebros

most foreign cuts won't come with rind, though

Be aware that it can be difficult to get the proper kind of pork for that depending on where you live.

I was born in Denmark but I currently live in the US. I love Flæskesteg but it's very hard to get the right kind of pork here. You want a cut with the skin left on it. And that's not easily found. The standard pork butchering procedures here in the US normally remove the skin and trim off the fat. Both of those are critical to a good flæskesteg. I've had success by either going to small mom-n-pop butchers who actually process the whole pig carcass in-house. They can get you a skin-on roast via special order. Another thing that I started doing recent would be to buy a normal pork roast (without skin), and a piece of pork belly with skin. The belly with skin isn't too hard to find here. Cut the skin and about a quarter-inch of fat off the belly, and then use "meat glue" (available in small packets from Amazon, etc.) to stick the skin onto the roast, then proceed as normal.

I have a good butcher near where I live so I can get anything I want.

Consider yourself lucky! The majority of butchers just order-in standardized cuts from a packing house.

And don't forget to post pics when you cook yours.

you seem to know your stuff
Any good way to avoid dryness without a thermometer? also, would it benefit from spooning some of the fat over it occassionally?

Why there are so many threads like this on ck?
'Oh my, I just bought twenty kgs of potatoes, pls help'
Do people have too much money or why??

buying 20kg of potatoes sounds exceedingly economical. also see

>oh my god I just bought the cheapest food ever, in bulk
>do people have too much money?

Flæskesteg din neger

Har du gode tips til flaeskesteg?

Salt på og smid den i ovnen din autist.

du er meget led, det sårer mine folelser

>Any good way to avoid dryness without a thermometer?
Not that I know of. If you don't have a thermometer, get one. They are cheap and enable you to make a perfect roast every time with zero guesswork. Ideally, get one that has a long wire on the probe. That way you can leave it in the meat the whole time it roasts and can watch the temp from outside the oven. You will never under- or over-cook a roast again.

>>also, would it benefit from spooning some of the fat over it occassionally?
If you're trying to do this with a really lean piece of pork then yes. But normally it isn't needed. The meat will constantly base itself while it cooks and the fat renders out.

thanks user. I really should get one, but I keep forgetting to.

Get on amazon (or whtever) and order yourself one right now. That way you won't ever forget!

Seriously though, they are fucking amazing, especially for pork where there is a fine line between properly cooked and overcooked and dry.

nah. you inspired me to sprint down to kvickly and buy a random one. just a few minutes before closing time

>no batteries
FUCK I got memed on

Cretinous millenial.

You're a millennial too. I just haven't bought shit that required batteries in so fucking long I forgot.

Poke it in the center with a long stick. Pull I the meat out of the oven when the liquid out of the hole comes out slightly red but mostly clear. Then cover and rest for an hour.

HVOR? Jeg kunne godt bruge 5 kg kod til 150 kroner

kvickly.dk/tilbudsavis/#/tilbud/59db0b13f3008ca21d3fed7f

så for satan...

yep. Blev nod til at kobe det selv om jeg ikke har nogen erfaring med det, det er sku en god pris.

Fucking snow niggers, talk in english so the rest of us fags can understand your shitty babble.

sorry senpai. you really didn't miss much.

Er ligeglad

Mer salt
youtu.be/TVJZYy-QH8M

Hvad fanden sagde du lige om mig din lille kælling? Jeg kan sige dig at jeg er uddannet som den bedste i min klasse i marinen, og jeg har været involveret i flere hemmelige operationer mod Al-Quaeda, og har over 300 bekræftede drab. Jeg er trænet i gorilla krigsforelse og er den bedste skytte i hele det Danske militær. Du er ikke andet for mig end endnu en skydeskive. Jeg vil fjerne dig fra jordens flade med en præcision der er helt uset, mærk dig mine ord. Tror du at du kan komme afsted med at sige sådan noget lort til mig over internettet? Så kan du lige tro om nar rov. på nuværende tidspunk som vi snakker kontakter jeg mit hemmelige netværk af spioner rundt over hele Danmark og din IP bliver sporet lige nu så du kan forberede dig på storm, din mide. Stormen der fuldstændig udradere den lille solle ting du kalder et liv. Du er fandeme dod moj unge. Jeg kan være hvorsomhelst nårsomhelst og slå dig ihjel på over syv hundrede måder, og det er blot med mine bare hænder. Jeg er ikke kun trænet i ubevæbnet hånd til hånd kamp, men jeg har også adgang til hele det Danske marine korps arsenal og vil bruge det til dets fulde omfang til at udraderer dig elendige rov fra jordens flade, din lille lort. Hvis bare du havde vidst hvilken uhellig hævn din "smarte" lille kommentar ville forsage dig, ville du nok have holdt din kæft. Men det gjorde du ikke, det kunne du ikke, og nu må du betale prisen, din store idiot. Jeg vil skide raseri over dig og drukne dig i det. Du er fandeme dod for helvede din skide moj unge.

>danish """humor"""

Hvad fanden sagde du lige om mig din lille kælling? Jeg kan sige dig at jeg er uddannet som den bedste i min klasse i marinen, og jeg har været involveret i flere hemmelige operationer mod Al-Quaeda, og har over 300 bekræftede drab. Jeg er trænet i gorilla krigsforelse og er den bedste skytte i hele det Danske militær. Du er ikke andet for mig end endnu en skydeskive. Jeg vil fjerne dig fra jordens flade med en præcision der er helt uset, mærk dig mine ord. Tror du at du kan komme afsted med at sige sådan noget lort til mig over internettet? Så kan du lige tro om nar rov. på nuværende tidspunk som vi snakker kontakter jeg mit hemmelige netværk af spioner rundt over hele Danmark og din IP bliver sporet lige nu så du kan forberede dig på storm, din mide. Stormen der fuldstændig udradere den lille solle ting du kalder et liv. Du er fandeme dod moj unge. Jeg kan være hvorsomhelst nårsomhelst og slå dig ihjel på over syv hundrede måder, og det er blot med mine bare hænder. Jeg er ikke kun trænet i ubevæbnet hånd til hånd kamp, men jeg har også adgang til hele det Danske marine korps arsenal og vil bruge det til dets fulde omfang til at udraderer dig elendige rov fra jordens flade, din lille lort. Hvis bare du havde vidst hvilken uhellig hævn din "smarte" lille kommentar ville forsage dig, ville du nok have holdt din kæft. Men det gjorde du ikke, det kunne du ikke, og nu må du betale prisen, din store idiot. Jeg vil skide raseri over dig og drukne dig i det. Du er fandeme dod for helvede din skide moj unge.

Du skal kobe det netop fordi, du ikke har erfaring med det. Det er din pligt som dansker at kunne tilberede en flæskesteg.

dude
lav flæskesteg ud af det og inviter din famillie over cucc

I really don't want to
every time I invite them they fuck my wife

Donations for local mosque and synagogue

don't be islamophobic

I don't feel I owe denmark anything. Didn't know you were danish, chop

sweden still uses crowns (kronor abbreviated kr)

yeah but they're off-brand crowns. danish kroner, accept no substitutes

they will simply throw it in the bin, your point being?

op, give it a dry rub and put in the oven for 5 hours under tinfoil. enjoy pulled pork sandwiches for the next 5 months

Why is this not archived yet?

dk-kogebogen.dk/soeg/ingrediens.php?singred=svinekam

Should not be a problem.

Especially when pork is in every damn danish dish.

Selvfolgelig er det en dansker der er så egocentreret at han bruger et navn på siden.

Håber du drukner i et lokum.

You're a true patriot, broder.

Did you ever get your batteries?

This thread must not die until someone cooks some goddamn flæskesteg.

>Did you ever get your batteries?
yes but it was defect. I burned the swords

At least I know how to cook our national dish, fuckstick.

>I burned the swords
chuckled

This was smoked IIRC

This was not. The rind was crispy enough but I could have gone a bit harder on it I think. Tempwise.

I like to mix the red cabbage and sauce. I guess it doesn't really make for a pretty photo, though.

So fucking soft i must feeling like chewing on rubber.

It really wasn't.
I think it's just a badly lit picture. But yeah, a few minutes under the broiler wouldn't have hurt it any.

thats a long pig

cute plate

Bare den smagte af orne så er alt godt.

tfw if I leave this thread halloween will be over

ikke dårligt, men du burde lige ove dig på dine svær skills

Leave it at a mosque

Og smid grontsagerne væk og så brunede kartofler og ribsgele.

rodkål horer til, nu slapper du lige af

han/hun refererede nok til gulerodderne

20 kg of potatoes isn't that much, I usually buy them in 75kg bags from my local farmer.

så jeg ingengang

What's wrong with trying something new? OP got a really good deal on that meat and wanted to know what he could do with it besides the obvious.

I'm just trying to not get fat man, don't be a bully.

prov at lave flæskesteg i trykkoger næste gang. det er ren kino

det lyder lidt som helligbrode

call a mosque

that joke keeps being funny!

Yeah, unfortunately the USA has long since ruined itself in attempting to market to stupid housewives and baby boomers, so things like pork skin or cuts of meat with fat content of any kind can be hard to find.

Can be hard to even find pork belly sometimes.

See how far you can fit it up your ass

just buy bacon if you need pork belly

Add onion, garlic, peper salt and bake it in owen. This way it will last longer, and you can use it before it spoils.

And next time do not buy that much of fat pork.

>pulled pork
>from a loin roast
Don't do this