What are some books that really make you think by exploring extreme philosophical ideas? Something like Ficciones...

What are some books that really make you think by exploring extreme philosophical ideas? Something like Ficciones, not too heavy on plot and focused on ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

uploady.com/#!/download/OABBZBrG2am/vU7ck2ZRH1kc4N2V
harpers.org/archive/2014/12/aaron-rosenblum/
academia.edu/10114025/WormSign
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Consider philosophy. Also, start with the Greeks.

>Hilarotragoedia - Giorgio Manganelli
An essay/fiction considering the possibility of human beings being, by nature, of a "descenditive inclination", doomed to enthropically spiral into Death, the Underworld and utter nothingness
uploady.com/#!/download/OABBZBrG2am/vU7ck2ZRH1kc4N2V

>The Temple of Iconoclasts - Rodolfo J. Wilcock
A collection of vignettes about the inherent absurdity of human endeavors and ideologies, probably the best Borgesian book never written by Borges
harpers.org/archive/2014/12/aaron-rosenblum/

>Sufficient Unto the Day: Sermones Contra Solicitudinem - Nicola Masciandaro
A collection of extremely well written (if hyperobscure and convoluted) philosophical essays on topics from the "worm" as a symbol to anagogy.
academia.edu/10114025/WormSign

>What are some books that really make you think by exploring extreme philosophical ideas?

Lol no.

Borges is to philosophy, as action movies are to political theory. While Borges is probably the most famous and successful of this subgenre, his fiction mostly comprises of the low hanging fruit of philosophy, like identity, memory, entry level speculative mathematics, etc. It is deep material, but hardly the end-all of what philosophical fiction is capable of.

Cool thanks for the recs bozo

This is some serious great stuff. Thanks man.

>OP asks for recommendations
>"HAHAHA look how I'm smart for stating that a short story writer isn't as philosophical as philosophers"

>as action movies are to political theory
while not in depth analysis, they can be a powerful reflection on in time politcal theory, on the same verge, people like Borges and Camus can explore philosophical issues while writing fiction

most people don't realize this until a bum like zizek talks about them

>something like Ficciones, not too heavy on plot and focused on ideas.

How the fuck do you take that as "Borges is the end-all of what philosophical fiction"

Try Don DeLillo, his shorter works are more idea heavy, but Underworld, his biggest, is in the same vein.

>Camus

muh existentialism

youre not making your case here. camus is still seen as a watered down sartre, and is pretty much high school core.

and you're still displaying your turbo-mode autism and not recommending anything. what's your endgame? unless your too busy scratching your neckbeard drop a few recs or shut the fuck up.

OP said "exploring extreme phil ideas", and I responded to that, you misreading idiot. So very naive.

>spoonfeeding autistic pleb incels

kys shitposter

the funny thing is that im probably one of the most knowledgeable about borges here. ive read a couple dozen books by and about him. and i do love him, and writers like him. if i shitpost, its because im talking on the level of people who are sincere but still shitpost worse.

k

>

why are you posting pics of your two moms?

oh man.

What are some extreme philosophical ideas?

Thomas Ligotti

Nick Land on Fanged Noumena and his recent novellas.

New sincerity

go to therapy lmfao

>muh existentialism
I am not an existentialist. Sartre and I are always surprised to see our names linked

Post-shitposting

thanks.

how can i read the temple of iconoclasts?

Some of Calvino's Cosmicomics fit this bill exactly.

Buy it or get it from a library, unless you search for it on libgen and the like, I'm afraid. There's no readily available pdf, I've looked.

Got you senpaitachi

Neckbeard faggot.

Krzhizhanovsky has been described by others as Borgesian, but I didn't really get much of that personally.

Similarly for Barth's Lost in the Funhouse, which I found massively overrated.

Victor Pelevin has some interesting ideas but isn't a great writer.

Villa-Matas is good.

The poetry of Pessoa.

Perhaps one ought to look back (in the manner of Kafka and his Precursors) instead. Poe is an obvious recommendation ("Who does not remember that, at such a time as this, the eye, like a shattered mirror, multiplies the images of its sorrow, and sees in innumerable far off places, the woe which is close at hand?"). Chesterton becomes very Borgesian at times. Omar Khayyam certainly.

This, Italo Calvino is like a more humble and more fun Borges

>naive

I dont think you know what that word means.