Gas vs Induction stoves

Been looking at places to rent. Lots of places have these fancy looking electric induction cooktops nowadays. They look cool till you use one, all flat and glassy, but in practice they suck because:
>they don't get as hot as quickly
>you can't control the temperature as evenly
>they are an absolute bitch to clean

With a gas stove you can cook like a maniac, make a huge mess, and clean it all up easily, but with some of these induction cooktops you have to be careful and prissy about keeping them clean all the time or they will get damaged. I'd literally prefer the old electric coil cooktops to an induction cooktop, and those sucked.

Is there anyone who likes the induction style stoves?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/i/391882095401?chn=ps&dispItem=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Those aren't induction, dumbass.

Sounds like the "induction" stoves you've cooked on are plain old resistive.

>induction
>does not get hot as quickly
>difficult to clean

What? Those are the two benefits? They get hot instantaneously and with that flat smooth surface (which also cools much faster) it takes two seconds to wipe it down to clean.

I don't even use induction anymore because of the actual advantages of gas but why would you make dumb shit up?

flat glass surface is harder to clean then gas range wut?

If I took a picture of what's under my gas stove you would have to delete this thread.

whats under your gas stove?

the food burns on to the surface

gremlins

>surface doesn't get hot
>surface is smooth glass
>food burns to the surface

literally what?

>the food burns on to the surface
so fucking what as lone as you clean up after or better yet even as you cook and dont let it sit a week it cleans right off

Okay basically so you fags prefer these flat glass cooktops to gas?

No, their defending glass from OP's retarded assumptions. Read the thread, dumbass.

i prefer anything then something that has the possibility to blow up my house no matter how slim of a possibility

I like gas because
>can use warped pans
>can use a wok
>it's primal and badass

kek thanks for taking the pic, its nasty looking but that shit aint touching your food

nether would anything on a glass top

Okay, forget about the whole cleaning aspect, i maybe got that wrong due to possible temporary retardation.

Gas is still way better than electric or flat glasstop to cook with, from a practical and aesthetic viewpoint.

Let's put it another way: who prefers the glasstop cookers and why?

OP is conflating flat top resistive and induction. The former is poodoo but the latter is great if your cookware is compatible.

Those are a bitch to clean. Don't listen to anyone here. They build up black grease and anything that spills and are a fucking nightmare to clean. Also, since it is a flat surface with knobs on the top, it is easy to accidentally turn on, and if you have a plastic dish on top of the surface you are good and fucked. No.

They do cook well and are convienent otherwise.

1. Put dish soap on a sponge
2. Put water on a sponge
3. Wipe the surface
4. ???
5. Clean

OP here. I literally do no know the difference, i thought all of those flattops were called "inductive". Color me dumb, but having made that mistake, gas is still better than the flattop cooker I had at my last apartment, from both a cooking and cleaning aspect, in my experience.

>do no know
*do not know

wew

No. They're different. One uses the heat energy created by passing an electrical current through a heating element that posses high electrical resistance. Induction uses magnetic energy to exicite the metal molecules in your cooking medium. With induction the heat is actually created from the pot or pan itself. The former is literally the same thing as the older coil stoves except they put a glass plate over it. I've never had an induction stove but I agree that gas is better than a electric coil stove.

hahahahaha
NO.

hahahahahahahahahaha
YES.

>Induction cooktop
>Melting plastic

Do you know what an induction cooktop is? It doesn't actually eat up the glass surface, it heats up the pan sitting on top of it using a magnetic field

>magnetic field

>magnetic field

Induction is best when you have to gas piping.
Old people will miserable fail to use it though

>they don't get as hot as quickly
>you can't control the temperature as evenly
>they are an absolute bitch to clean

literally everything you said is objectively bullshit. Sounds like someone has shit cookware that wasn't made for induction.

if you had said you might have had a point

you're thinking of radiant.

>They build up black grease and anything that spills and are a fucking nightmare to clean
Just get the rigt stuff to clean. I use a kind of rough rubber foam scraping block that work absolutely brilliantly and are strangely satisfyying to use. Its called the ax-o blanc schleifblock (sanding block in English). Get the medium or fine version, the rough one leaves tiny scratches. These here:
ebay.de/i/391882095401?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Induction produces 0 heat. It uses FUCKING MAGNETS to make the cookware produce heat. That is why non magnetic metals do not work on it.

Apartments and other stacked dwellings usually have electric stoves because they don't create fumes which can be an issue if somebody is having issues with their gas stove and their problem can result in other apartments getting burned down in the process.

No but OP is saying a lot of stupid retard shit about it so people are calling him retarded

Actual pros and cons of induction and gas

Induction
+easier to clean
+faster than gas
+more efficient
-breakable
-doesnt work with all cookware
-less accurate heat control

Gas
+flame can serve more purposes than heating pans (roasting pepper, toasting marshmallows, etc.)
+works in a power outage
heats the sides of cookware which is good for some things and bad for others
-higher chance of burning your house down

I would say the ideal setup would be a gas range and an induction hotplate.

Almost every professional chef thinks electric stoves are shit

I wouldnt say induction being breakable is a real negative, just dont act crazy.
It does work on all cookware since you buy stuff that works on induction.
The heat control and the middle part of a pan being much hotter than the sides is the #1 negative for me.

As for gas you have an oven that does the roasting for you.
Never had a longer than 1h power outage in my area in the past decade so thats not really relevant, you're practically guaranteed downtime when you have to replenish the gas.

The main positive is the heat control, and I guess you're allowed to act crazy around the stove without actually breaking anything.

I personally love glass top ranges and find they cook more evenly. I have gas right now and it's horrible no matter which pans or skillets I use.

Neato.

you're talking about a ceramic stove, not induction

Gas is really the only way to do it.
Electric is gay and slow

I find the only advantage that induction has is that it's easy to clean.

In my experience, gas is faster and has substantially higher power output. It may not be as efficient, but that's irrelevant because gas is much cheaper than electricity for the same amount of energy.

Gas has many pros:
-more powerful
-doesn't pulse and off
-doesn't auto-shut-off when you move a pan
-provides an instant source of flame for roasting, flambeing, etc.
-works with any material cookware
-works with any shape cookware (like a round bottom wok)
-responds faster to temperature changes
-easy to visualize the heat level by looking at the flame
-the ability to control the size of the flame so you can heat just the bottom of cookware or the sides as well depending on your needs.

My main issue with induction is that if you want to lift the pan to serve or to flip pancakes or stuff, some stoves will complain and emit an annoying sound letting you know that there is no pan in the inductive field.

Objectively wrong. I've used gas all my life but just moved into a place with glass. It's easy as fuark to clean, just spray the cleaner and wipe it off with a paper towel. Gas stoves are impossible to get clean, all the nooks and crannies from the grates and openings.

Gas is superior for cooking but the glass are a 3-second cleaning job.
>if you leave plastic on top of it
Stop being a hoarder and find a place to properly put your shit.

Real talk is the pans. My housemates have these le creuset metal pans that are a finnicky bitch, cant' even handle high heat and always have water stains on them unless I want to sit and polish every day with steam and a rag like a prissy faggot. Everything sticks and burns no matter how much oil is in it. I've always used cheap goodwill cookware, woks, and cast iron when I could get it. Sturdy as fuck, durable, badass pans that can take any heat. Nearly impossible to destroy (except cast iron, it does need special treatment but it will live longer than you will.) They also have shitty silicone/rubber/whatever cooking utensils when wood is objectively the best. All you need is one good wok and a wooden spoon and ceramic chopsticks, and you can cook absolutely anything. Asian peasants are real niggers, french are cock-licking faglords.

Rich people LOVE having prissy shit that can't do the job and needs a ton of extra maintenance. What enormous cum-guzzlers. Looks pretty, sounds impressive, does an inferior job and can't be used for rough cooking. I have never met a rich person who could cook. Half of them heat up a can of fucking chef boyardee and all their cooking equipment they spent thousands on is just for show and to be pretentious.

>Be in Reno
>Working street fair
>Homeless guy comes up to me
>Start's praying to induction hot plate.
>"Yo man, I need dis. I need dis."
>That's nice, but you're not getting one here.
>Leaves, mumbling.
>Comes back in 40 minutes.
>"Man. I seen dem on da in-tur-net. I need dis man."
>Blow's kisses at the Induction hotplate.
>Gets on his knees and prays to a fucking hotplate.
>Call cops over.
>Cops arrest him on charges of theft and pickpocketing.
>Never bothered us again for the whole weekend and another criminal where he belongs.

Dumbass probably didn't know you need magnetic pots to make it work.

>carny gypsy working a street fair
>has another user arrested for thievery

Good job! What's next, running for political office?

Gas is far cheaper than electric and the stoves themselves are cheaper than induction as well. At least for me as a europoor on a budget I am picking gas.

>>surface doesn't get hot
u wot m8

I grew up poorer than my best friend and though he had a more diverse culinary upbringing than I did, my instincts are much better in the kitchen and I am far more capable of cobbling meals together out of bullshit

I don't think you are looking at an induction cook top. I think that you are looking at an electric cooktop with a glass top. Those do take forever to heat up, and cook unevenly, because they are electric.

Actual induction burners are fucking expensive.

>ITT op is a huge retard that doesn't know what an induction cooktop/magnets are
>He mistakes an electric glass cooktop with a magnetic induction cooktop

Lol learn the difference retard, but you are right, glass cooktops are fuckibg garbage, but induction cooktops are kinda awesome, but you are limited to certain types of pans