What are some easy to read French authors? Besides Camus

What are some easy to read French authors? Besides Camus

I imagine you intended for that clip to be arousing, but it's outright revolting

fag

how can you love lard?

homo

Maupassant.

With my dick.

Any suggestions in particular?

Foucault's history works

Skip it read War and Peace in stead.

St. Ex
Gide: Straight is the gate
Voltaire

Found the Americans.
This is the sexual equivalent of stockholm syndrome

shutup fag

oh say can you see
by the dawn's early lights
what so proudly we hail
while the twilight last gleaming
with broad stripes and bright stars
through the perils of night
and our flag was still there
what so proudly we hail
while the twilight last gleaming
say does that star spangled banner yet wain
from the land of the free and the home of the brave

Victor Hugo is easy to read as long as you enjoy his 100+ page asides about French history.

goscinny and uderzo

Le Brrappe

Wow the way this unfolded I'm just fucking dying over here man

Dumas.

Quiet, homosexual

Sure, Dumas is French but his novels aren't very "French"

wut

He's right you know, Dumas is genre trash and more generally European than french

I'm not an assman but I idolize James Joyce so it's time to fap again

has anyone here fucked a girl that thick?
what was it like?

I'm dying

How easy are you looking? Goscinny will forever hold a place in my heart.

Foucault is rubbish and is to blame for the modern cultural Marxism that reigns in France and the majority of Europe. Read him only to understand what went wrong.

Racine is a quality and concise writer.

Voltaire is very funny and cynical, you can learn the nature of French humour through him: laughing at the absurdity of life. He's also an excellent commentator of political shifts who lived a fascinating life.

Rousseau (technically Swiss) has his head up his own arse.

Maupassant is a modernist but one of the better one.

Zola is a pseudoscientist, germinal is his only relevant novel.

I personally dislike Hugo but he is easily core.

Camus is good, but you have to read myth of Sisyphus to understand his point, which requires knowing philosophers like Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Heidegger, and Lesquier. You can still try it without knowing them but his references might go over your head.

Moliere if you're into plays, but I personally find he isn't worth Shakespeare, despite being hailed as his rival in the French language.

wow Americans have a terrible anthem lmao

Is that an original thought of yours? After returning from a weekend overseas I'm reminded just how bad this pandemic is.

M O N T A I G N E

>dawn's early lights
For years I thought it was "daunderly lights," and wondered what the fuck daunderly meant.

>cultural Marxism
stopped reading there

Georges Bernanos. Catholic, antifascist, regarded as the French Dostoevsky.

Michel Tournier. Retold old stories in new ways, like Robinson Crusoe.

Blaise Pascal. Incredible style, at the same time a scientist, a thinker and a Catholic mystic.

For superb writing, try Henri Bosco's children books like L'enfant et la Rivière (The boy and the river) or L'âne Culotte (The donkey Culotte).

READ MY NIGGA CELINE

reminder that Foucault petitioned the French government to abolish the age of consent

lmao nice try

This is probably the best suggestion on the thread annon, I'm pretty much french and can say that tolstoy into french is as good as it gets.

Picture being a senior network engineer putting in time since your 20s to make it in the field and all the studying, money and stress you go through to make it as a man, and there are women like this shaking their ass on video and they make more money than men who work hard for a living

Little known fact: it actually IS daunderly lights. These are wavering lights as reflected off water by 'bombs bursting' (in air), ships afire, etc. Pity /you never thought to consult a dictionary..

I'M GONNA NEED A SAUCE ON THAT LADY'S BUTT PLS D:

cool

It's great. Hit it from the back and enjoy your handholds friend.

But how will you know when the characters are speaking in french?

i'm dating one
doggy is godlike, reverse cowgirl is godlike

if a big round ass on your throbbing cock doesn't send you into a hot-blooded frenzy, your testosterone levels are low or you're gay.

Around the level of Camus and Voltaire. I've only read 3 books in French: l'étranger, la chute, et le candide. All of which were difficult without being impossible, so I want to stick around that level.

By the grace of a footnote.

This is a captivating book, in a simple and moreover fluid language.

This looks cool, unfortunate that I can't find it anywhere as an ebook.

Antoine de St. Exupery is pretty easy to read.