Meditations

What is the best translation of this? Veeky Forums recommended it for mental gains. Are there any editions with worthwhile annotations?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/0199573204/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gregory Hays translation (pic related) is bretty gud.

The translation in the picture is a literal mashup of sentences. What the fuck, are you illiterate? Can you not read? Its the easiest shit in the world. Its also good.

So are you saying that one is a good translation? It's not about being able to comprehend, it's about getting the best experience.

You'll get everything you need out Meditations from that translation if that's what you mean

I have that same version, I like it cuz it has a raven on the cover

>fit recommended it for mental gains

This kind of macho bullshit is exactly why I hate being a dude and why I don't work out. Why does everything have to be so violent? "YEAH BRUH I FUCKED SMASHED THOSE WEIGHTS" No... you just lifted them. "BRAAH I'M GONNA HIT THE GYM LATER" No... you just visiting the gym, because you made a sensible life choice to care about your bodily health. If you need to filled with testoterone to the point of a pained erection, hollering like a child, I don't think you should be at the gym. You ruin it for everyone. Marcus Aurelius is worth so much more than a complement to your pathetic machismo shenanigans.

Who hurt you?

Hahaha you're pathetic

Holy shit what a pussy faggot

You should try once in your life to act on your masculine urges and actually live. Deadlift twice your body weight and see how amazing it feels to have your testoserone spike. It makes you feel amazing. It would make your life so much better than just being a hollow emasculated faggot hiding insecurities with psued smugness

Your pathetic attempts at 'masculinity' don't impress me, and your responses just show how far you have to go when it comes to maturity. It's sad that I share a board with these superficial people desu

>tfw some random continues your shitty bait post for you

cheers man

Autism

everyone here is gonna give you shit because youre avoiding working out for a dumb reason, but honestly outside of that youve made a good point

the constraints masculinity puts on us are dumb

The current state of the western man

woah there buddy your insecurity is showing

It's got a good introduction that gives you context for where Marcus is coming from and stoicism in general.

If you find stoicism interesting, then you can check out Seneca (Selected Letters) and Epictetus (Discourses, Fragments, Handbook) for a more comprehensive look.

Toxic masculinity is what makes men great.

amazon.com/dp/0199573204/

This is the translation I have. Don't know why, but I try to get the best ones, so this is probably it.

>This kind of macho bullshit is exactly why I hate being a dude

b8

>and why I don't work out.

hook

>Why does everything have to be so violent? "YEAH BRUH I FUCKED SMASHED THOSE WEIGHTS" No... you just lifted them. "BRAAH I'M GONNA HIT THE GYM LATER"

sinker

anyone besides me who responded got b8d hard