Dim sum

shrimp dumplings, pork filled dumplings and fried sweet and savory pork filled dumpling

how did i do Veeky Forums?

Not exactly a charismatic photo, but I bet it was tasty
For me, it's Wong's King (pic related)

I hate those shrimp dumplings. It's literally just shrimp wrapped up in a slimy shell, with nothing else.

Dim sum = 50 Ways to Mash Shrimp (plus a few other pork things)

for me, its buns.

I love these. I usually eat them with a light spicy sauce though

>tfw in deepest bumfuck Scandinavia and the nearest dim sum place is probably a couple thousand km away

>Finland
>Scandinavia

Norway actually. Just posted mummitroll for memes.

Why do chinese restaurants feel fancy yet low class at the same time?

Because technically what he posted is more of a mid-class establishment.
True high class Asian restaurants are extremely exclusive.

for me, it's cheung fun

could use more chicken feet

the shrimp cheung fun is the best dim sum plate.

God tier dim sum

What does norweigian chinese takeout look like?

It's shrimp dumplings, what do you expect? Lobster?

Mah nigga

>how did i do Veeky Forums?
You appear to have been shafted on the sauce, user. Where is it?

Where do you live op?
How do you get such small amount of dimsums

>dimsums with sauce
It's not necessary you silly burger

Necessary? No. But it is more tasty. And what sort of shithole restaurant doesn't serve them with sauce?

Dimsums? No, son. Dimsum does not refer to a type of food. It refers to a style of service in which carts of food are paraded around the dining room.

The food in question would be called dumplings in English, the shrimp ones specifically are shumai.

>>burger
I'm Taiwanese.

>he's never been to a chinese restaurant where you have to wear a suit, tie, and black shoes to get in

As expected from the fake chinese.
We know it's dumpling, anyone with eyes can see that. And my point still stands, it is unnecessary, unless for tastelets perhaps. And it is dishes that usually served in dimsum. Shumai can be found everywhere, but it is also often included in dimsum menu.
And no, dimsum does not mean it needs to be paraded. There are restaurants which you can order it from the back, or others which you can have it take away, which does not have cart parade.
>What kind of shithole-
I know you've never been abroad and dine in different dimsum restaurants but your autism is showing here.

>Shumai can be found everywhere, but it is also often included in dimsum menu.
That's my point.
"Dimsum" doesn't refer to the foods. It refers to the style of service. The foods have specific names for each dish, like shumai. Calling the foods "dimsums" is stupid, and suggests you know little about them.

>>I know you've never been abroad and dine in different dimsum restaurants but your autism is showing here.
Stop deflecting and answer the question. What kind of shithole "Dim sum" places have you visited that don't serve sauce with those?

Soy sauce and hot sauce?
Sometimes the mayo special sauce?

None of the above. Sounds like you're describing american fast food.

Savory dumplings are usually served with pic related. The pork ones often have a sauce that's quite a lot like the gravy Americans or Brits would serve with roast poultry or pork. Light in color, slightly thick, and flavored with pork or chicken. (the pork one is basically just baitaing stock thickened with a little starch) Shumai usually have chili oil or sweet soy.

I'm still waiting for you to answer the question about what shithole restaurants you've gotten these things from that weren't served with sauce.

Oriental run and owned dim sum stores/bakeries

What the hell? So it is wrong to say "typical dimsum" when the food is typically served at dimsum? What?
And no, he's right, you definitely don't need sauce for everything. I've eaten both that shumai and hargow without sauce at all.

Soy sauce and chili sauce for heat and seasoning is sometimes what I like to use.

>What the hell? So it is wrong to say "typical dimsum" when the food is typically served at dimsum?
Yes. A "dimsum restaurant" serves food like potstickers, shumai, bao, taro cakes, etc... Dimsum means an establishement. It's wrong to use the word for food specifically. Using the term "dimsum" to refer to the food is like using the term "library" to refer to books, magazines, and newspapers.

>>And no, he's right, you definitely don't need sauce for everything.
Sure, different people have different preferances. But it's a sign of a pretty bad restaurant if they don't give you any. That would be like ordering a hamburger but there being zero toppings or sauces on it. What OP posted would be the equivalent of a hamburger with just meat and bun. Some people might their shumai, etc, like that way but it is generally understood that there are sauces for most of these foods and any dim sum restaurant that doesn't suck will be providing them for you.

So? It is still served at dimsum, so i would call that dimsum dish. Reminder to you shumai and such things are not that common in western world. You can find them in chinatown or chinese dimsum place. So i would call them dimsum dishes.
>still sperging about sauces
I've been to china and hongkong and neither of those two serves each food with sauce. Other places including Malaysia, Singapore, Australia..which are not shithole. Dimsum consists of vast range of foods, which may or may not need sauces. And I know that some dimsum places does not 'serve' sauces as they have it ready on table. I've been to both high class dimsum and low class, those shithole countries you're saying of. And know what? It does not fucking matter. Your saying that every dimsum dish needs sauce is irrelevant. Just like you're thinking op skipping the sauce just because he does not have it in pic, implying all dimsum restaurants are the same globally. Grow up, not every place have it the same. Smh

Sure, if you use the word "dish" then that's fine. But dimsum by itself is stupid.

>>And I know that some dimsum places does not 'serve' sauces as they have it ready on table
What does that have to do with OP's takeaway?

>> those shithole countries you're saying of.
I never said anything about a "shithole country". I said "shithole places". Because only a shitty dimsum restaurant wouldn't offer you sauce, or give you little cups of it to take with you with take-away.

>>implying all dimsum restaurants are the same globally.
Who said that? I clearly made a distinction between better places--which give you sauce, and shitty ones, which don't. I'm well aware that different levels of dimsum restaurants exist, and I'm suggesting that OP went to a poor one.

You seem pretty mad. Are you upset that I'm somehow "insulting" your dim sum restaurant because they don't give you sauce?

Take your shitty cultural appropriation elsewhere mate. This is a restaurant in western world. I'm going to say i'm gonna eat some dimsum, i wouldn't say i'm gonna eat some dimsum dish. That's like saying I'm going to eat pizzeria pizza.
>seasoning
That's really vague

Saying you're going "to eat some dimsum" is exactly like saying you're "going to eat some pizzeria".

Yeah so? Saying 'I'm going to eat takeaway' from 'takeaway place' is acceptable because anyone would know it is a takeaway dish, taken away from a chinese takeaway restaurant. It is full of implication but that works, so why not? Saying 'I'm gonna eat dimsum' means i'm going to eat some dimsum dish. Does not mean i'm going to eat the restaurant. It maybe shitty to you, but that's how it works here.

>acceptable because anyone would know it is a takeaway dish, taken away from a chinese takeaway restaurant. It is full of implication but that works, so why not?

Would those silly excuses work for you when you were in school learning English (or whatever your first language was)?

Yes, everybody knows what it means. That doesn't make it correct. Some people just don't give a shit about grammar I guess.

siu mai is the best

good job

You think everyone gives shit about grammar in real life?
English is not strict my little taiwanese friend. That's how you get dialects and weird shit. Stop being close minded.

>You think everyone gives shit about grammar in real life?
Nope. But they should.

>>English is not strict my little taiwanese friend.
I'm well aware. But that doesn't excuse this sort of shit.

>>Stop being close minded.
Stop making mistakes even after they are pointed out to you

Yeah sure keep 'em going and keep preaching, I'm sure that works well. You're not only dissing the westerners you know. Learn more and you probably will be accepted more. Stop being an autist.

>>being stupid is OK because other people do the same thing too

i feel your pain son, but arguing with fools is a foolish practice in and of itself

By your definition of strict you're saying irish, scottish, and australian accents are all wrong, not mentioning others like singapore english, or malaysian english. That's just weird because there is no rule that you cannot do it. And I feel calling it stupid is insult. Languange morphs depending on situations and places. I am sure it is not acceptable on school, or business, but we're on Veeky Forums of all place.

youre not acceptible on Veeky Forums

beef shu mai best shu mai

pork gives me the shits

Yeah sure, when you learn to spell correctly you faggot

Fuck off chink

negativity should be directed towards food

i would like to add 'Yum Cha' into this debate of what Dim Sum is

speak english....

He said hot sauce, that's sriracha. That means it is not remotely near asia, that'd be america or australia at least.

Yum cha and dim sum are english terms.
>I cannot refute his point so I would just tell him to fuck off
Truly a faggot
>I'm well aware.
>But that doesn't excuse this sort of shit.
Those statements contradict each other
>Type of foods
>Referring to a group of foods
So?

>i hate shrimp dumplings because it's shrimp inside a dumpling

For me, it's the xiao long bao.

This but it is too much for one person imo

shrimp dumpling, beef siu mai and bacon wrapped shrimp fritter

how did i do Veeky Forums?

Is that a granny pube I see on the one in the lower right corner?

And where's the sauce :) ?

Well according to our little taiwanese here, your bacon wrapped shrimp is more like food from american fast food so having it on a dimsum thread is inappropriate.You also did not have the sauce on the photo; means what you just have is like half meal, and probably comes from a shithole restaurant. I don't know wether you have the sauce or not, but I would assume your restaurant does not serve it. And the shrimp dumpling is called hargow. Please use the name correctly this time, thank you.

here is the sauce

Lol, is that cholula?

this sauce

Looks like a piss-poor match for Asian food. But hey, if you like it, go for it.

Prawn/pork shumai for me
But I'd eat that

it works well with fried foods and rich fatty dumplings

I bet that sauce taste sour as well? That'd work frine for cutting the fatty taste

I always take out some black vinegar and chilli sauce from my dumpling place, they work great

anons that know chinese dimsum etiquette

Chicken feet

>too much for one person imo
Nigga I pop them like pez

chicken footjobber

in general stylistic choices between the west and China are pretty different. look at how Chinese girls dress in America and it's slightly "off". it's just a different sense of style.

also trying to look luxurious, while being as cheap as possible. as well as heavy influence from parents/grandparents, everything ends up being a few decades behind

Wish the Chinese broccoli didn't always come with so much oyster sauce.

I love dim sum and tried these because I didn't want to miss out if they were tasty. Not worth the effort for me; rubbery skin wrapped around those tiny knuckles you can clearly feel between your teeth when eating. It was fine but with so many options I love available I'll skip the feet