Gotta love Rhode Island style pizza!

Gotta love Rhode Island style pizza!

Do Americans really eat this "pizza"??

ha ha, it looks like my dick after I fucked your mom on her period

That looks like used feminine hygiene products.

This is all we eat.

t. flat cock

t. 3 inch girth dicklet

>”Pizza strips are traditionally made with no cheese”
D R O P P E D

As an American, I have never encountered this object.

full fucking circle

no cheese?

Kinda looks like what they used to call "Metro pizza" in Montreal.

No.

I always hated this shit as a kid. Whenever you were told you were gonna get pizza and you expect pepperoni and cheese but instead you get this cold tomato sauce shit. Is it really called a Rhode Island pizza? I always thought of it as the cold pizza you would get prepackaged from the local bakery.

You just spurred a defective neuron to shoot into in my brainstuffs.
Does Boston Pizza even exist in the U.S.?

RI pizza is also called “bakery bread”

Is that what it's called? This is a blast from the past that should STAY in the past.

there are boston pizzas in america but they are just called “boston’s” there

Its sauced bread. You can't get it in pizza shops, its a product that most bakerys around here have. Usually sold in a box of 20 strips to take to a cookout or family thing.

Zesty sauce, usually a dusting of parmesan on it. Traditionally eaten cold.

t. RI guy

I motion that we give Rhode Island back to Canada.

I wonder what's the history behind this type of pizza. Was it a poor working class man's lunch at some point? Or sustenance food?

I don't know if you mean the state or the pizza but you can keep both

>RI guy
well that’s unfortunate

Rhode Island isn't considered part of the U.S.

For New Haven apizza at least at the time cheese was expensive enough to be an extra topping.

It's eaten cold and it's quick to make. Wrap it in cellophane and you can eat it anywhere. I don't like it that much myself.

t. Live her my whole life

>apizza
now that’s some faggot shit right there

It’s a dead guy named Pepe’s fault it’s called that, I dunno what to tell you, at least I didn’t say “motz”

well despite the name it looks incredible

>Rhode
>Island

They were given to kids as a school lunch

>Looks like leftover hotdog buns, with """"""sauce"""""", and no FUCKING CHEESE
What heretical shit is this?!

is...is there cheese on the inside?
otherwise fuck off

looks like a burnt body, the fuck you on?

>"Metro pizza" in Montreal.
You're goddamned right it's fucking metrosexual. Only soyfags would love that shit-tasting garlic bread marinara. Fucking Frogs...

I live in New England and I have never even heard of this monstrosity, let alone seen one.

Fuckin' eight year olds...

Who shat those out?

Menstrual blood on oak - My favourite!

Just Democrats. They're not really Americans.

r & i

afaik it was made for catering situations where you might want to put stuff on the pizza yourself but don't really give enough of a shit to prepare the bread and sauce yourself. its similarly popular in grocery stores since you can buy your own toppings and assemble a pizza for cheaper than takeout and aren't restricted to what comes on normal frozen pizzas (that, for a long time, only really came in the typical flavors of Cheese, Pepperoni, and "Deluxe" with a puffy crust rather than all the gourmet offerings we have now)

i live in montreal and have never heard this term. the closest ive ever heard is referring to pizza places in metro stations but those are normal round greasy bread+sauce+cheese+other pizza like you get anywhere else in the world

do you mean metro like the grocery store chain? cuz thatd make sense but still, ive only heard of the stuff referred to as "tomato pizza"

>i live in montreal and have never heard this term.
It's from another time. It was a thing when I lived in Montreal, which was back in the early 80's. It was sold wrapped in plastic at room temperature as a snack. It was awful.

Looks like Zapiekanka

>pizza
>contains seeds

wat

probably made with sesame flour or some other like bullshit.

formerly chuck's

Or they didn't bother to seed their tomatoes before making the sauce.

How JUST is Rhode Island?

This guy has it right. It's called party pizza here and it's actually pretty good for what it is. But yeah its no replacement for actual pizza. Luckily there's no shortage of good pizza places here.

Who here /tomatopie/

That's what they call it in PA, right?

Yeah, do they have it on the west side? I thought it was a Philadelphia thing.

Who here /heatsup/ their tomato pie?

WTF is this shit? At least put soft cheese underneath and hard cheese on top like an upside-down pizza, come the fuck on Rhode Island.

Wouldn't be complete without a nice glass of coffee milk!

this shit is so good, fuck i miss it.

would love a sixer of gansett and some pastry pizza

Ronzio's fucking sucks
.t Rhode Islander

The absolute STATE of Rhode Island

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""pizza"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

hey thats pretty cool lol epic style !

>Rhode Island style pizza!

It's called Sfincione, and it's Sicilian not American, let alone Rhode Island. It's pretty good.

Looks sub-par sorry. Unless eaten super fresh too much room for oxygen to make base stale.
Unlike pasta which you can bring back to life so easy.

>It was sold wrapped in plastic at room temperature as a snack. It was awful.
it is still sold that way and you're wrong and have shit taste. if i hadnt lost my bank card on halloween i would go out for some right now

What do you guys think of this pizza I found at the store?

Prego?
Like my wife's butthole lol

Fuck yeah, I love that shit. D-tier combination though. Del's Lemonade would make more sense you, mongrel

HOW
OBSESSED
ARE
YOU
?

As a kid I hated it too, but I don't mind it now as a snack

I used prego traditional for my pizza the other day.
What should I use instead?

This is fugatza. It's very different from pizza.

Any Italian bakery in RI will have this shit (fucking wops)

>zesty
What a maddening word

U fuckin dicklicks have no fuckin clue. It's called Sicilian because this style is made in Sicily also called grandma pizza as old grannies used to make this. Better bakeries putt pepperoni mozz on it. Spicy sauce u fuckheads know absolutely nothing hot out off the oven the crust is crisp light crunchy . Go to Dominos u twats

they make just about any style of pizza in sicily you wannabe
>pepperoni mozz
kek you would not be saying 'pepperoni mozz' if you were sicilian/italian

Best one made in RI is Colvittos on park ave Cranston .crust is so light crisp and chewy all rolled in to one kid u not done right u will luv it

a-spaicy pepparoni

How bout "baciami il culo" that Italian enough for u

no

The fuck so many Rhode Islanders on this board.

1. Caserta
2. Bob & Timmy's
3. Sicilia's

Casserta was really good back in the day. Before john took over. Still very good. Never had Bob Timmy Flatbread on east side supposed to b good.

Caserta is shit, unless you love slimy canned mushrooms. The best thing about it is that it's a tourist trap and sucks in the boners while you can get a real pie at Timmy's (Bob is now MIA)

Tommy's is good if you like that greasy old mafioso style pizza.

And as much as I hate to give any credit to Julian, Pizza J makes some tasty pizza. Nice Slice is on the West End now too, forever bidding the Brown and RISD university nerds farewell.

Should pizza bread be soft and doughy or hard and crusty?

crisp and flaky

>mozz
anyone who says this should be shot. that includes saying it ironically. same goes for "za" instead of "pizza"

What up Montreal bros? It was still a thing for me growing up in the 90s/early 2000s

catsup

soft but chewy

FEED AND SEED
E
E
D

A
N
D

S
E
E