Name one legitimate use of a food processor that doesn't involve dry ingredients

name one legitimate use of a food processor that doesn't involve dry ingredients

salsa

bulk milkshakes

making hummus

Anything that requires shredding like cheese and vegetables.

making emulsifications.
Like emulsified sausages. Yum.

It's like you've never cooked before, OP.

Making large batches of sauce like chimichurri when a mortar and pestle is unfeasible.
I also use mine to whip up pate brisee and lemon tarts with whole lemons.

Chili oil

>shredding cheese in a food processor

get the FUCK OUT

>what is a grater attachment

Tomato sauce.

Pina colada

why would you need a food processor for tomato sauce unless you want sauce with the consistency of water?

OK kids, now stand up from your desks, start laughing, and don't stop pointing at him repeatedly until he is on the floor in the fetal position.

sure but why on earth would you want to spend the effort to clean a food processor just to grate some cheese?

>2lb blocks of pepper jack for $3 each
I love cheese, but it's generally expensive, so when I come across sales like these, I buy and freeze lots of it. It's easier to shred cheese when it's cold and the process is faster and relatively clean. It takes less than 15 minutes to process a block.

I spend more time making hummus, that process is like 2.5 hours long including cleanup.

Making hotdogs.

But why do you need a whole block of cheese grated at once?

The last time I used mine I was making a curry or something. Honestly dont use it very often, mortar and pestle really does make stuff taste better if you have the patience. Thought it was a meme for a long time

Pureeing fruit for ice cream.

Name one legitimate use of a rolling pin that doesn't involve rolling dough or crushing ingredients.

Name one legitimate use of an oven that doesn't involve raising something's temperature.

storing pots and pans

Making several pizzas, making a large batch of a cheese-containing soup (baked potato, beer-and-cheddar, etc.

What effort? I just stick the parts in the dishwasher when I'm done using it.

mashed potaters

>name one legitimate use of a food processor that doesn't involve dry ingredients

-making salsa, hummus, and dips
-pureed soups (though I would argue a blender does a better job)
-making filling for dumplings/gyoza/potstickers
-marinades
-slicing vegetables (using the slicing disk)
-grating vegetables (or cheese)
-Choux pastry
-doughs (using the dough blade)
-curry pastes

I would say a food processor's main uses are for non-dry ingredients. If you have to work with dry foods then a proper spice grinder or a blender usually work much better.

Nobody said hollandaise?

food pro sucks for that, use blender.

You can mash boiled potatoes with a regular mixer, they are really soft, especially after you add too much butter in there like you're supposed to.

>Why would you want passata?

yeah but you can't quickly make glue with a mixer

You can use a rolling pin to easily transfer dough between surfaces without it tearing. You can use an oven to keep something warm, at it's current temperature, also, can be used for broiling.

I made tapenade in mine last night, I also use it for mince meat sometimes. I use short rib or w/e cut I want to make meatballs, burgers, etc. texture is different than ground beef but still better than store bought.