Interview at Cajun restaurant

>interview at Cajun restaurant
>nice part of town
>managers boasting how it's a from-scratch kitchen and things get really intense
>glance around to see a maximun seating of ~40
>okay.jpg
>first day today
>excited, first from scratch restaurant job
>bottles of bbq, blue cheese, etc
>bagged pre-chopped lettuce
>tony fucking meme seasoning
>sara lee brand cheese cake
>cans of whipped cream but I see cartons of heavy cream

I could honestly go on, but you get the idea. I'm very disappointed, Veeky Forums

Does it have a kids menu?
Have a pic of the menu?
I'm sure it will be full of boisterous heavy white women dining out with "hubby".

The menu is online. It's called Cajun Steamer and there's about 5 locations around the south

Brb, looking it up on urbandictionary...

Just took a peak.
Are the fries really hand cut? I assume no.

Oh yeah. The fries are pre-cut and bagged.

I'm contacting them as we speak. They'll have no problem finding out who was recently employed and firing you for talking shit about the business on the internet

They shouldn't lie to people for how much the food costs desu

kek
ITT: Veeky Forums attempts a raid which will never eventuate.

You are one sad sorry faggot.
I really hope your mum does tonight.

u should invite gorgdon ramsty.

After looking at the menu, it's obvious it's not a "from scratch" restaurant, the menu is too big. I'm assuming most of the menu is frozen or bagged, and t h e only dishes they make themselves are the fresh seafood (opening oysters), the more delicate toppings/sauces, and things that have to be fired in house.

If you want to work at a restaurant that is fully functional and makes everything from scratch, look for a place that's local, has a small but interesting menu, and be prepared to bust your ass.

I think I must finally be getting old because I don't have the slightest clue what that picture is supposed to mean.

>pining for the opportunity to chop lettuce

unless it's somewhere super high priced i think its okay to use canned/frozen stuff.

not everything has to be pulled straight off the vine, and the place is obviously a low-priced family restaurant. They even offer catering! That is not the kind of thing you can do strictly with fresh stuff, catering at that price is done out of a warehouse. It's fuckin' ten bucks a plate.

Even in a higher priced place, somewhere I'd bring a first date, honestly, a bit of frozen seafood isn't the end of the world. Especially places inland. I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect somewhere not on the coast to have fresh-not-frozen seafood, especially if it's a long john silvers or olive garden tier theme park restaurant.

on another note though
>this fucking french
obviously run through google translate, this is not a thing any french person would actually say. yankees need to stop translating things so literally.

>reporting role players to the real life police

>is this flour milled and grown here?
>uh no user we buy the flour
>unbelievable

kek

Why do you even care?

Never trust a restaurant that claims to be "from scratch" or "everything made in house" unless it has a tiny menu with rotating options throughout the year.
I have eaten at actual from scratch restaurants and they always have a pretty small menu, or a menu where you can largely use a lot of the same ingredients for multiple things.

>4 different locations spread around multiple states
>They'll have no problem finding out who was recently employed
inb4 OP actually started there 2 months ago and just decided to share the story today, and some poor sap who just started at a different location gets fired.

Not so fast, I’ve traced your IP and the internet police are otw to your location as we speak

Well done.

OP here. They make a lot of the soup bases from scratch and some pastries. Not positive about the freshness of the seafood though. It's all really a matter of me feeling lied to and having only worked one shift. Plus I was excited to see how people make things from scratch in non-janky ways

Sounds like someone who’s never worked at a shitty restaurant.

kys

This

>Is the lettuce grown and harvested here?
No, Chef, we get it delivered daily from our local farmer's market
>You've got to be fucking kidding me

From scratch doesn't literally mean every single ingredient is made from scratch you sperg

Whoa look how many (((you)))s you got
Good job anonymous

>only worked one shift
So you've put in like 12 hours and you're already bitching? Jesus man, Starbucks is probably hiring