REAL ITALIAN FROM ITALY HERE AMA

as of subject, I will answer any question about REAL italian dishes, recipes, etc.

AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JgJUbmGDc6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't give a fuck faggot get the fuck outta here

seems your digits speak the truth

Shut the fuck up, no one asked your moronic opinion reddit

why does Ticino produce better products than italy in any way? why do Ticino dishes feel more authentic than Italian ones ever could? Why is ticinio better at making Italian dishes?

Do you guys make that funny hand sign gesture all the time?

>why does Ticino produce better products than italy in any way?
Among thousands of other things we produce
>Prosciutto crudo di Parma
>Salame
>Grana Padano
>Parmigiano Reggiano
>Wines
none of which Ticino prduces, what are you exactly referring to?

only when we are so tiresome with someone bs that we can't even bother speak anymore
or sometimes when we're triggered we do it but adding some slurs like "ma che cazzo dici?" (wtf are you talking about)

What does a normal breakfast look like? Is it always croissants and espresso? What part of Italy are you in?

gonna make a carbonara with noodles tomorrow for friday dinner, should i use alfredo sauce or cream?

How do you feel with the fact that chinese invented pasta way before italy?

Are you from calabria

>Is it always croissants and espresso?
mostly, yes.
otherwise if someone like salty things more one might have a prosciutto cotto and cheese toast and some juice
>What part of Italy are you in?
Northern Italy, Lombardy born and raised

Trips of truth fuck off tomatonigger

>should i use alfredo sauce or cream?
kek, nice try.
but seriously, just put half a spoon of milk or cream in the eggs in order for them not to get scrambled but rather creamy and delicious.
I'm cool with it, Marco Polo brung the idea back, and we turned in something fucking delicious so totally cool with it.
thank god no, I'm not, nor any of my relatives

What kind of cheese do you use for cooking?

EYYYY MAMMA MIA MAH SPAGHETICINNI

What are the most "authentic" pizza crust thicknesses? I love some thin crust.

Do you get triggered by cream in carbonara?

What are some of the best zucchini recipes you can think of right now? I got a bunch of them in the fridge and I have no idea what to do with them.

Except for eggs, ham, green peas and cream, what should I add to a carbonara to make it authentic?

what are the best tinned tomatoes?

What pasta goes best with Pesto Sauce?

Also icluding Gnocchi

On pasta, lasagna, gnocchi, tortellini, cannelloni etc always Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano.
Pecorino on a few dishes (Pasta cacio e pepe).
Mozzarella is used only on pizza or Parmigiana
in Naples they like it high, hollow and soft
in other places it really depends on who's making it.
anyhow, it is NEVER filled with cheese or something
I thinks it's not good, but really can't make a mission out of it.

I'd cut them in very thin slices, fried them untill brownish, than add them on some short pasta.
butcher shops usually cut them longitudinally, excavate a bit the inside then fill with grinded meat and put in oven.
chocolate icecream
Cirio were used to be good but people don't trust them nomore since a lot of tomatoes were grown around Naples and health safety is at risk
Mutti is good too.
Trofie or Penne.

self bamp b4 going out

Just-a leave-a, faggot-o.

How salty should the water you boil pasta in be?

This would be my first italian sentence.

I got two;
What is the best way to cook gnocchi,
And how relevant is truffle being used in pasta.
And I love your lombardy flag, it looks funny

a small fist
my grandma used to quickly put the tip of a finger in the boiling water and taste it: if it isn't salty on your mouth, it isn't salted enough for pasta
>What is the best way to cook gnocchi,
when they come a top of the water they're done
>And how relevant is truffle being used in pasta.
only with freshly made egg-based pasta (tagliolini)
otherwise you want to use it on fried eggs or risotto

I meant how as in cooking it. What is the best way to cook gnocchi; what kind of sauce or such.

It's a shitty myth invented by a pasta brand. Pasta has been around since the greeks and Romans. It's boiled dough, nothing unique about it

Thoughts on American style coffee?

Never tried it.
Sorry.

Do you enjoy Campari?

sorry, didn't undertand
it's with plain tomato sauce and grated cheese

PLAIN TOMATO SAUCE FOR 2 PEOPLE
>chop half an onion in small cubes
>chop 1 small carrot in small cubes
>chop 1 celery in small cubes
>drop 2 or 3 spoons of olive oil into a pan
>when in temperature (you know when because if you drop a little cube of whatever in it will make noise)
>drop onion
>when onion starts to get cooked drop a clove of unpeeled garlic and afromentioned carrot and celery
>wait untill everything is soft
>drop tomato sauce (half a litre)
>stirr and let the shit get a bit more condensed
DONE

I don't understand what's the reasoning of it.
I mean: I drink espresso to get a little kick in the morning or for digestive reasons after llunches and dinners, not to bring around 250ml of dirty water all around the morning time

yes.
best use of Campari:
NEGRONI
>1/3 Campari Soda
>1/3 Martini Rosso
>1/3 Gin or Vodka
SBAGLIATO
>Same as above but with prosecco instead of Gin/Vodka
CAMPARI COL BIANCO
>1/2 Campari Soda
>1/2 White wine

Red or brown onion?

What do Italians typically eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner or any other meals you guys have?

Ayyy, another Lombardian, I'm from Pavia

Do you make the tomato sauce? My friend insisted that I should blanched the tomato and pureed it.

Give me one thousand dollars.

white or red
>breakfast
espresso and croissant
>lunch
Pasta (80/100gr)
Meat (veal or chicken)
Salad
Cheese
>Dinner
Soup or main course
Salad
Cheese
It's a southern thing
The times I've done it myself it wasn't that different from the canned one.
What's important imho is the soffritto (onion, carrot, celery etc)

if you lend me 2k I'll give you 1k

think of it more like tea rather than a shot for energy

then it might makes sense, although I'd rather sip tea then I guess

Why are italians so loud?

Talian American here, second-generation. Growing up, my family (all from the north) used to have these wild spreads on holidays that you don't see represented in Italian cuisine--I'm talking vegetables. Sure there were the basics--pasta, chicken so on--what you see on an Italian restaurant menu anywhere USA...

But I'm talking about the steamed asparagus, baked eggplant, green beans, zucchini...point is, it is so different than what Italian cuisine is basically reduced to here--Spaghetti and meatballs, pizza, pasta with da meat sauce, and extra bread. With extra meats.

And salad...this explains it:
youtube.com/watch?v=JgJUbmGDc6k

Completely different than what I grew up with. What say you...ya prick, ya?

why couldn't I find pepperoni when I was in italy? I looked all over the place but I didn't see it anywhere

>Is it always croissants and espresso?
No, you forgot the cigarette.

Why the fuck doesn't anywhere in Venice have air conditioning and what's up with all the gypsy's?
t.american who spent a day there during a high school trip around 2010

Have you been to that small independent pizza shop in Venice, Santa Croce?
It's run by a nice Italian guy and locals go to him. He makes pizzas from 5 EUR and up and they're amazing. Do you know him? Have you been , OP?

tell us a secret or largely unknown local dish

>Why the fuck doesn't anywhere in Venice have air conditioning

You're in Europe.
>What is a fan?

>what's up with all the gypsy's?
Again, Europe.

>Why the fuck doesn't anywhere in Venice have air conditionin
That's an Italian thing, dude, not just a Venice thing. Utilities are expensive as shit compared to what we pay, so they skimp on a lot of the shit we take for granted.

I think it's a southern-italian thing
I've lived most of my life in northern Italy and the attitude is pretty much the same as in Basel or Zurich
>the steamed asparagus, baked eggplant, green beans, zucchini...point is, it is so different than what Italian cuisine is basically reduced to here
yes, steamed or grilled vegetables are always used as sides to second course.
sometimes (ie. when it's seasonal and what's not) we grill/steam/stirr vegetables and serve them as sides to second course.
also, based clip (it's the same in here as well: no sane person would order a salad to a pizza place: everybody is supposed to have salad in their fridge)
>cigarette.
touchè
>in Venice have air conditioning and what's up with all the gypsy's
air conditioning is expensive and also will fuck your stomach up: you can't pass from 33° outside to 21° inside to 34° outside whitout expecting some kind of stomach-ache or diarrea...just acclimatise yourself: as long as you rely on AC to feel good you're doomed to failure
no.
But I can reccomend the Tramezzini place just opposite of central station: 1 prosecco and 1 tramezzino and life will smile at you again ;)

fresh and good ingredients (either vegetables, meat, eggs and whatnot): as long as basic ingredients are good af, your meal will be good af)

What kind of italian food you don't like? Or what kind of italian food trend you find weird/not understand why anyone would eat that?

What's it like knowing that your mother will always have a thicker, more luscious mustache than you?

I will remember this for when I'm in Venice

How do i make aglio e olio
It just came out as an oily mess the last time i tried it

>Chop 2 or 3 spoons of olive oil into a pan
I'm trying my fucking best but it keeps reconstituting