Why isn't there a board for writers, writing, and critique?

Why isn't there a board for writers, writing, and critique?

We have both /i/ and /ic/, but all writers have is Veeky Forums and it's single critique thread. Why not have a /litc/ ?

It's a hell of a lot harder to write well than it is to draw naked anime girls well. Having looked at the quality of writing from this board, do you really want a writing board? There would only be a handful of people that could offer valid advice, and every thread would be people spamming their trite and uninspired poetry. I think that it'd be cool to have a writing board, but I know that it would turn out poorly.

Lit is already slow.

Do you really want a /wsr/ repeat?
How would we ever fill up 100 threads with that?

It's the same as with other /d/, /h/, /pol/ and /k/ subcommunities, it just stays as a recurring general to mild annoyance of the rest of the board, but no real harm provided duplicates aren't made.

can't we just make Veeky Forums a board for literature

stop calling me trite!

Not even a whiff of originality.

imagine lit but 10x slower than it already is, that's why there isn't one. it would go unused

Slowness never killed a board before.

Look at /n/, /p/, and /t/

Because nobody on this website can write worth a shit. Have you seen what critique threads look like? It's 90% people trying to be funny and 10% people trying to sound much smarter than they are using a thesaurus and referencing other works they have never read. God help you if you join the discord which is made up entirely of summerfags.

Hell, half of this board is Veeky Forums or /pol/. I'm surprised japmoot hasn't noticed and deleted this whole shitshow anyway.

No part of this is interesting, and unless you have a bleeding ethnic vagina you aren't going to win any prizes with it.

The same could be said of people trying to draw or do photography or cook, but check out those boards, people on Veeky Forums are actually pretty damn creative and skilled.

Why would writing be the one Art that can't thrive here?

Have you ever been on /p/ or Veeky Forums? I use /p/ quite frequently and 90% of threads are gear related. Imagine Veeky Forums "critiquing" what kind of typewriter an author used and judging the works entirely on that.

I would love to have an actual space for anonymous, honest critique; but the fact is that 4channers are either underage retards trying to be funny, or spiteful, jealous frogposters who have to drag other people down to their level. If you want to practice your craft and actually receive honest critique it has to be done in person.

>90% of everything is shit

Wow, it's almost like this is an established rule.

Besides, in my personal experience, the inverse of your last statement holds true for me. Anonymouse critiques are nearly always more constructive for me than face-to-face as the IRL person feels constrained by whatever relationship they have with me.

Even the editor I work with does her best editing on her own then emailing me the notes, not in face to face meetings with me.

>in my personal experience, the inverse of your last statement holds true for me

Well I have to say that your "personal experience" is shitty then. On /p/ if you get no replies to a photo it is generally considered "good" or "passable", that's just the unspoken rule. Just like Veeky Forums where you are either replied to in one word (which is generally considered good), or insulted about your ethnicity (generally considered bad). Anybody who is handing out good critique is dogpiled on as a shill or samefag because nobody wants to admit that someone else can do something better than they can.

Why do you even want an entire board for writing critique? There are normally several critique threads going at any given time, are you sad that they always die before even reaching the post limit?

>Why do you even want an entire board for writing critique?

That certainly be a majority, but like /ic/ I would also expect discussion on general writing techniques, movements, and mediums.

Go to one of the critique threads here, tell me how many educated responses you see. Don't hold your breath.

About as many as I would get on any other creative-related board, but that doesn't disavow the existence of those boards.

Only /ic/ is a critique specific board and that is why /i/ is dead. You are grasping.

Every other creative board is perfectly fine with their 1 critique thread

>Every other creative board is perfectly fine

interesting definition of perfectly fine, but alright.

>You are grasping

It's not like I'm an admin trying to defend a board I just created, not sure why you're projecting whatever tone you're reading these in.

>interesting definition of perfectly fine, but alright.
There are /mu/ critique threads, /p/ critique threads, /v/ dev critique threads, /3/ critique threads, /gd/ critique threads, even /g/ coding critique threads.

Do you really think Veeky Forums is so special or populated that it deserves it's own sub-board? Do you think it would at all change the retards who inhabit Veeky Forums? It's ok to have dreams, but sometimes you have to face reality. Just because it's called Veeky Forums doesn't mean people actually read.

>There are /mu/ critique threads
No there aren't. OC music is not welcomed on /mu/ (by board culture, not by board rules)

Really? Then what are all of those Soundcloud threads? Stop trying to use examples from boards you've never even been on.

>Then what are all of those Soundcloud threads?

You need to lurk moar

/ic/ is shit anyway. If we had a /litc/, and it was the same shitshow as /ic/, I'd never go there.

it would be molasses.