Borscht Recipe

Hello Veeky Forums!

I'm a visiting /K/ommando who's looking for the perfect borscht recipe. Figured this would be the place to go. I've got a Crock-Pot as well as a giant pot, but I am unsure how I should cook the borscht. Any tips would be great!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7obedUwIK68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Figured this would be the place to go
It's not. This board isn't known for producing helpful content. Still, I support your cause. Have a bump on me. Good luck.

I'd help if I could, but Russian cooking and baking are the areas where I am completely clueless.

it is really fun to say
borscht

Hey /k/ ! My bf is from there and I make him this borcht all the time.

Stay away from the crockpot, this is not one of those soups to cook for a long time because the beets can start to discolor as soon as you put them in the water.

Get a microplane and grate the beets for the best results, this results in thin and tiny pieces of beet that will immediately expell their coloration and their flavor into the soup. I always add the beets last and only let them cook for 5 to 10 minutes.

I use:
> 1/2 a medium cabbage
> 1 onion
> 1 can diced tomatoes (drained and rinsed)
> 6 oz tomato paste
> 3 medium beets
> 2 large potatoes
> 4 medium carrots
> pork sausage (optional)
> 1/4th cup white wine (optional)
> water
> LOTS of salt

My bf likes the sausage, and even though it isn't exactly authentic it does make for more of a meal, especially when served with a homemade bread (or hard tack since you're from /k/).

Chop everything up into bite sized pieces, but dice the onion fine and peel and grate the beet. Cook the sausage until browned and cooked thoroughly, remove and put on paper towels to remove the grease. Greasy soup is gross. With only a tablespoon or so of the sausage fat in the pan, add the onion and cook until translucent. Then, add the wine. Wine is optional but it sweetens the onions and allows you to scrape up the bits of the sausage into the soup. Otherwise, just add sugar to the final product to taste. Then, mix in the tomato paste. Once that is homogenous, add the rest of the ingredients and add water until the vegetables are about 3/4ths of the way covered.

Bring to a boil, then set to a simmer for about 30 minutes. Add a fuckton of salt to the soup. You're basically making a beet broth next and you need about a 1/8th cup of salt, but always taste between small additions. Then, add the beets and your cooked sausage. The vegetables should release a good amount of water, but you can always add more. Cook for no more that 10 minutes.

Ran out of room, but I hope this recipe works out for you, though it is off the top of my head and I might have forgotten something. Borscht is a fun dish and one that can be added to or subtracted from to meet one's tastes. You can add mushrooms, beef, parsnips, celery, and any vegetable that you think a Russian might stumble across (if you hunt, venison might be good too). Don't overthink this dish.

Beets are incredibly underrated in the culinary world because most people associate them with the pickled beet but fresh beets are so delicious and earthy I will often just roast them with carrots and serve with a side of dijon mustard. Good luck user, sorry for the blog post so here's another Steve.

bbbbbblllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
fuck that

Fuck that sounds tasty

Thank you for the bump

I will be sure to give it a go. Really looking forward to red beety goodness. Thanks!

I usually just do a kind of a mixed root soup with cabbage, carrots, beets and potatoes. Parsnips work in there as well, chouriço too.

cut them up as you like, saute in butter and add stock enough to cover them, boil until good, maybe add a bay leaf and some pepper.

Sounds like a good borscht to me

youtu.be/7obedUwIK68

>Hey /k/! My bf is from there
>My bf likes the sausage
Tranny with chaser bf detected.

Nice recipe though.

Lurk more, this board has the most women of any board

It also has a lot of trans girls, so I'm not necessarily wrong.

This board isn't for cooking, it's for fast food reviews user

It's called Borsch

>I know the demographic of an anonymous image board
Retard.

Not being on here long enough to tell or being too autistic to know how women speak

>implying trans girls don't talk like real women

You nearly composed a coherent sentence there.
Keep trying.
Fuckwit.
:)

do you actually think you can tell the gender of a poster based on their choice of words? especially on a board with posters from all over the world?

utter and complete bullshit.