What do you listen to while reading Veeky Forums?

What do you listen to while reading Veeky Forums?
Or should you not listen to music while reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MaSi7Gut7xM
youtube.com/watch?v=pvljfRzZHMw
youtube.com/watch?v=77SMjuiJGy0
youtube.com/watch?v=R9R4zPTpS9w
youtube.com/watch?v=mNz_VzVwheY
youtube.com/watch?v=PuGxVneQrqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I tried doing both for a while. Listening to music had me re-reading entire pages.
No good.

I listen to dishes shattering on the ground in the other room and my parents yelling at each other again. :(

youtube.com/watch?v=MaSi7Gut7xM

Mostly no, but sometimes I put on some HNW or nocturnes if wherever I am is noisy. Also James Leyland Kirby stuff for Sebald.

Instrumental prog music only, anything else is too distracting.

Not listening to anything isn't an option most of the times, hearing the plèbes in the train kills my concentration

Prog like King Crimson?
You should try Robert Fripps Soundscapes
You too

da pigeon
bruuu bruuu bruuu bru
always ends with an abrupt bru.

sometimes i'll listen to chopin, debussy or bach if it's too loud around me; anything else tends to be too distracting for me to concentrate

Yeah, except King Crimson isn't instrumental. I'm a big fan of the genre in general though.
I'll give it a listen. At the moment I'm really into God is an Astronaut, you should check it out, perfect for reading.

>King Crimson isn't instrumental
nigga wut? more than half their shit involves no vocals

Use paper/plastic plates.
True dat.
If I'm supposed to be concentrating white noise, or some slower and ambient, or dark jazz.

Irish punk and sea shanties.
youtube.com/watch?v=pvljfRzZHMw
youtube.com/watch?v=77SMjuiJGy0

>instrumental prog not distracting

nigger you are fucking loco

Listening to music while reading is dumb, you're dividing your attention between two things that deserve your full attention for no reason.

I'll listen to white noise if it's loud and distracting around me, otherwise I'll listen to nothing. I use earplugs on occasion too, but I find them uncomfortable and prefer white noise wherever possible.

>more than half their shit involves no vocals
The other half has vocals. So it's not instrumental. That's the definition of instrumental user.
I'm not making a judgment of value, I'm just saying if there's vocals it's not instrumental.

I find it perfect for reading, as long as there aren't lyrics it's fine by me.

>Listening to music while reading is dumb, you're dividing your attention between two things that deserve your full attention for no reason.
It's a sign of ADD/ADHD. It helps people drown out their thoughts so they can concentrate -- at least for me anyways.

youtube.com/watch?v=R9R4zPTpS9w

can confirm
t. ADHD

Nothing. Why on Earth would you listen to something while reading?

To drown out the sound of brown people being loud in the train

youtube.com/watch?v=mNz_VzVwheY

Can we rangeban this guy

thats a girl you moron

And whats wrong with the questions?

What's wrong with it is that he has been posting this same thread for months now

Usually listen to these guys while revisiting Catcher in the Rye and smoking scavenged butts out of my second hand briar pipe.

youtube.com/watch?v=PuGxVneQrqs

Welcome to Veeky Forums. Some people have been posting the same shit for years.

>reading anywhere but at home
What's the point of reading if you're not comfy while doing it?

So you're saying I should be watching TV instead while I'm on the train? Is that what you're saying? That I shouldn't read when I want to read? That reading isn't the best possible form of entertainment, and I should abstain from it most of the time?

I like listening to classical music. It's a habit I developed as a study aid, back when I needed to study. Now it helps me focus on what I'm reading.

I always pair either an appropriate movie score or classical arrrabgement depending on what book I'm reading.

Current example: I'm reading Andrew Smith's GRASSHOPPER JUNGLE and listening to Air's soundtrack to VIRGIN SUICIDES. Syncs very well desu

Movie soundtracks are often very nice for reading, agreed. I like Interstellar's for reading Sci fi