Why don't they just call it "ketchup noodles?"

why don't they just call it "ketchup noodles?"

why don't we call you ketchup noodles?

Yeah, fuck you ketchup noodles.

Who is they?
And why would they call Pad Thai ketchup noodles when it has nothing to do with ketchup? And especially when "ketchup noodles" conjures the concept of sketti, which is totally different.

ok yeah, that may be what you get in america, but pad thai sauce should be lime, fish sauce, sugar & tamarind.

Because fuck you, that's why.

>pad thai
>ketchup

Did you post the wrong image?

>ketchup noodles

That would be spaghetti naporitan.

>friends been to thailand
>asks them what it was like, and what food they ate
>"oh, user, I had so much delicious food but my favorite one by far was Pad Thai!"
>noodles
>Thailand
>mfw

>noodles
>Thailand

Pad thai is a stir-fried rice noodle dish commonly served as a street food. What are you upset about?

this
When its name literally implies Thai Style stir fry noodles, you know it's one of the least genuine Thai food out there. It's also extremely overrated and the reason why so many likes it is because the only Asian food they really know of is noodles, and they can't stomach much else

I usually let my pad thai drain a bit before eating it. Can't stomach the syrupy orange goop in mass quantities, but when it's just sticking to the noodles its pretty fuckin kino.

Did you mean to post Yakisoba?

Hainan chicken isn't Thai either but plenty of Thai people eat it (cao man gai). Same with pad Thai. What's the problem?

t. Thai person

>Hainan chicken

I love this so much, it looks so simple and boring but its tasty as fuck.

It's become the safest local food for the unadventurous white tourists in thailand. I introduced a couple of Americans to khao soi and som tam when I was in chiang mai and they were instant converts. Anything to get them out of the pad thai and banana pancake comfort zone.

>try local food
>Lol stupid tourists, that's not REAL local food
I hate this faux superiority bullshit

Yeah, fuck those pussies, when I'm in Thailand I only eat boiled fish guts with tamarind paste and fried duck fetus dumplings, because that's what the locals eat and I'm not some kind of a filthy tourist but a true traveler at heart.

You know damn well that's not my argument. I just think you should be more open to other kinds of local food especially when you're on a holiday trip in a foreign country.

>It's become the safest local food for the unadventurous white tourists in thailand.

Hey, to be fair, I'd imagine noodles being the easiest to knock back hungover after a night of doing meth and binge-drinking with ladyboy hookers of a questionable age.

I really like how they garnished the table and cloth. Every table needs to be garnished for a complete meal.

That's 100% your argument. They try a local, accessible dish. You don't think it's good enough.

Because we call them people "slow"