try to defend it
pro tip: you can't

Even normalfags shit on it.

No one here will defend it. Go fuck up someone else's board

who cares man

it honestly isn't that bad

i'm a dragon and i liked it

You can't be serious

i am quite serious. i am sure if i read them again i would hate them. but as a teenager i liked them.

Ah, one of these threads. Time for the mandatory post.

>Eragon is just Dragon with the first letter shifted up 1

*Ardwen - Arwen
*Isenstar - Isengard
*Mithrim - Mithrim or mithril
*Angrenost - Angrenost
*Morgothal - Morgoth
*Elessari - Elessar
*Furnost - Fornost
*Hadarac Desert - Harad Desert
*Melian - Melian
*Vanilor - Valinor
*Eridor - Eriador
*Imiladris - Imladris
*Undin - Fundin/Udun
*Gil'ead - Gil'Galad
*Ceranthor - Caranthir
*Isidar - Isiludir
*Eragon - Aragorn

A 16-year-old wrote it and while many 16-year-olds surely could do better, most of this board wouldn't. At least the author had a passion that he pursued and a goal that he realized, which (at least in my humble opinion) is somehow more productive and worthwhile than posting on Veeky Forums.

Also, a young enough reader will actually like it (I read it at 11 years old and kinda liked it but felt that he really half-assed all the descriptions. Nothing visual came up while reading and I was a very good visualizer in primary school).

But the book is still shit.

At least he tried.

Just trying is not enough.

You have awful taste. I hated them when I was a grade schooler. There's nothing redeemable about them, and the premise SHOULD be fucking fool-proof. So much so that someone as undiscriminating as 10 year old me couldn't stomach it. I read Avalon: Web of Magic for fucks sake.

>A 16-year-old wrote it

That's a marketing lie.

When I was young I read them, I enjoyed the story and the basic premise of the books, but execution was lacking.

I really liked Eragon and Eldest but I read them when I was 8 or 9. By the time Brisingr was out I didn't care anymore but I read it and Inheritance.

The scene where Murtagh is revealed to be Eragon's brother is pretty cool. Idk it's just a kid's fantasy series about dragons

>as a teenager
Christ. Even I knew it sucked by the time I turned thirteen because I'd read GRRM and he was much better.

>Gil'ead - Gil'Galad
You ignoramus.

I never read the books. Somebody tell me what's wrong with them

Arguments: 0